This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: What would have you Done??
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 11:00:33 pm »
This has run it's course, start another topic Jeff.

How are you going on about filling the gaps left by wfp? did you decide on a leaflet, and was it one you liked or one the forum approved of?

I'm trying to find more work- and funnily enough in Villages- I'm doing okay, but not great.

95% of my work is village work including some commercial jobs.

I paid £40 for a years advertising in the village magazine and the phone hasn't stopped, I got home tonight and there were five potential  customers wanting a price, and whats good about it, is its all in the areas I do. I would recommend this form of advertising if you work in villages.

On the other side I paid £120 to yellow pages and had 6 calls from it, but one customer out of those 6 calls, got me another 5 customers all in a new area, again a little village that has not seen a W/C in 3 years, and there are some very big houses in this village.

So the gap in my work is filling up very fast, I suppose I can fit in another weeks worth of work before I have to put a stop to it, I work on a 6 weeks round.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 07:27:48 am »
We had one a while ago who spotted us from an upstairs window and waited till we had done it then came out and cancelled!!
It was all I could do to stop the lad throwing mud on the front windows.
We dont and wont do her again.

Trevor

I think she may have done you a favour.

Isn't that better than coming out as your halfway through setting up and telling you then?

Matt

Trevor Knight

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 07:35:28 am »
We had one a while ago who spotted us from an upstairs window and waited till we had done it then came out and cancelled!!
It was all I could do to stop the lad throwing mud on the front windows.
We dont and wont do her again.

Trevor

I think she may have done you a favour.

Isn't that better than coming out as your halfway through setting up and telling you then?

Matt

I think Trevor means that he cleaned the windows and then she cancelled without paying?

The ones we hate and have real agro with are the customers who wait until you finish and then tell you they cancelled last month apparantly!!!! "I left a message on your answer phone" rubbish

Luckily I can count on 1 hand ther number who have tried this but it makes my blood boil!!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire