This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

Re: My Supalight
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 09:06:15 pm »
i'm not rubbishing modular poles at all but when all you can say to champion them is Oh, i can raise my pole .001 seconds faster than you then you are totally missing the point. I bet you can raise a superlight faster than a facelift, that's not in question, i bet i can retract my pole & get it round the many tight corners, gates, washing lines etc. that we encounter every day 10 times faster than you. read my above post very carefully. many people rely on this forum, especially newbys to wfp, so i think in the context here you are misleading them. there is absolutley no way a modular pole is better or easier to use on every-day domestic work than a light carbon telescopic, & thats my point!

Davew seems to realize his mistake, even squeeks who has just bought a superlite has just advised tosh to buy a facelift, as far as i know these guys are mainley domestic & i think its wrong to mislead them & others like them.

the superlight (as i stated above) is THE pole for high work, a job where you may be there a while doing much high work, when you've got time to assemble & diss-assemble with care etc.

as for the pipe going through the facelift pole, you just add a wee speed-fit connector & bobs you're uncle, you can make the pipe any length you like with this method, or even multi-length. (allthough there's no need to at the 24ft mark).

I pull my hose around with the base of my pole, how would i do that if the pipe was on the outside?

tony

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 09:13:10 pm »
I dont believe it  ;D I've been considering a carbon pole and mainly thinking modular from gardiners, then someone mentions Facelift which I like the sound of, 179 miles I drove to Birmingham and guess what pole I didnt look at >:( I still fancy the modular as well though  ::)      
Sussex by the sea

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 09:22:49 pm »
Think you missed the point with Squeaks advising Tosh on a facelift Tony  ;D ;D ;D
Sussex by the sea

Ian_Giles

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 09:57:40 pm »
Actually Tony, if it was a complete window cleaning newbie, I don't even think I'd recommend WFP to them! If they are experienced window cleaners, but only new to WFP, then I would certainly recommend a supalite pole.

I've been using the supalite on all my domestic work and I'm finding it really effective.

As for dragging the hose around;

Quite recently several WFP'ers have used the method of attaching the hose to your waist via your belt and something like a caribina (spelling?)
I use some strapping and wear it like a sash,( I don't like attaching it to my belt...feels too uncomfortable)  a small caribina (or however it's spelt!) the funny little round, multicoloured foam ball that protects joints etc
This bit holds the hose in place once it's clipped into the caribina as I walk around.
as a result I've also shortened the actual pole hose itself as it no longer needs to be much longer than the pole length I'm using.
Makes moving around a house much easier too.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 10:04:15 pm »
For everyday use I use 4 setions of a tough Ron Thompson Reload thats twice the thickness of the lighter higher versions and is £50 for a 26fter, not the £250 F16.  I do find it better and quicker than a telescopic purely because its lighter and I need lighter after 10 years of using poles I have RSI. I have been trying to get all Manuf to reduce the weights and we all have the benefit of lighter equipment. But I think there is still a way to go yet.
 I am not trying to mislead anyone, especially new members and apologise if thats how it sounded.  
Tony, I dont need to drag my hose because I use a different system.
Horses for courses I suppose. Cheers. :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 10:13:24 pm »
I do find it better and quicker than a telescopic purely because its lighter and I need lighter after 10 years of using poles I have RSI.
Great, I been off for 5 weeks with RSI injuries in my neck and shoulder from traditional work, now I'm going to get it from WFP too? >:(

macmac

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 10:22:06 pm »
ok guys, think we've all got our points accross, as jeff says- horses for courses, pros & cons. good debate though. ;)

tony

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 10:25:52 pm »
Personaly I think there is a correct way of using poles to help prevent RSI but eary start means back tomorrow- maybe a diff topic that we can all add to ?

eddie d

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 10:27:43 pm »
yes squeaky.you will get lots of aches from poles.for about 6 months i had neck aches ,shoulder aches ,and arm aches .never had any of that trad .but now  only a few now and then .i think its the use of different muscles .
my mate got fed up with the neck ach and packed up wc altogether.

macmac

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 10:29:11 pm »
we could always have a jousting competition, me with a facelift & jeff or ian with the superlight on horseback!! ;D

tony

TDW

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 10:39:16 pm »
I have a supalite but I do think macmac has the right take on it. On some of my jobs I've gone back to using the 24 universal. Others though I wouldn't be without the supalite. Everyones work is different and its impossible to say.

I would say probably that if most of your work is only ground, 1st and 2nd then go for the facelift.

Ideally buy both!!

NWH

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 10:42:31 pm »
No offense but i would never go back to using that 24ft pole,i would rather use the superlite all day.The facelift is a completly different animal and can`t be compared to universal poles.

TDW

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 10:51:20 pm »
If its take me longer then i'll go back even if it is heavier. Its only on a few jobs. A 24 uni with a supalite brush is not that taxing.

Dont get me wrong I'm a massive supalite fan but I dont think its works on everything

EasyClean

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 10:55:52 pm »
At the end of the day it all boils down to 'Supalite' being slower for newbies until experienced with this pole but say goodbye to Repetitive Strain Injury
OR
'Facelift' purely as a popular example by MacMac who 100% recommends it (as if we hadn't already guessed) for telescopic simplicity but heavier although not as heavy as most other poles with an ergo-friendly pole girth unlike many on the market which allows newbies to mistreat with disrespect allowing them to initially work faster thus earning more dosh.
We all make our own decisions according to our own needs and funds.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

macmac

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 11:01:53 pm »
ME? recommend the facelift? never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

tony

AuRavelling79

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007, 11:40:45 pm »
I now have two poles - a 12ft streamline (3 x 4ft telescopic)
Modular fishing pole up to 34ft.

On any account where the 12ft won't do all the windows I use the modular carried in a golfbag. So a small house with windows above conservatory - I use the fishing pole with pencil jets...

In fact I reckon 80% of my work is done with modular and it's quicker and lighter than an 18/24ft extender (for me.)

It is more fragile and come summer I won't be using it to close windows with! But as it allows more accuracy I have had no problem cleaning windows that are open.

Oh ... and I don't wake up with aching hands anymore.
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 08:19:15 am »
I do find it better and quicker than a telescopic purely because its lighter and I need lighter after 10 years of using poles I have RSI.
Great, I been off for 5 weeks with RSI injuries in my neck and shoulder from traditional work, now I'm going to get it from WFP too? >:(

Rog.  When the money starts coming in again and you can afford it, a good acupuncturist/acupressurist would work wonders with you.  However, the longer you leave it, the longer it takes to put right.