Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleaning Resource

Re: Desperate Times
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2007, 09:34:48 pm »
yer your right I quote depending on value of carpet,  if its a 5k carpet then its gonna cost me more to replace it should I damage it, I am therefore risking more and therefore want to raise the stakes and make the risk (all beit a small one) more worthwhile. plus the owner of a nice carpet usually has a nice house that you have to take extra time being careful,

the red carpet

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2007, 10:00:16 pm »
Decided to go back to pricing per room today as oposed to square foot
left the laptop and tape measure indoors

Done 13 quotes, and booked 10 others look good as well just waiting for them to get back to me
Came home with £1442.22 worth of orders
average job ticket £144.22 and iv still got the opertunity to up-sell protection when i get there

Could it be that back to basics works better ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

AquaMagic

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2007, 10:14:22 pm »
Could be the case that, thats what you do best RED, maybee someone else can get the bigger tickets on less orders, but somerthing tells me you like to be busy all the time and like to see the cash rolling in even if its less than some on fastrack say they get, well done anyway looks like you are back on the up, Sales are all about Troughs and Peaks and essentialy way are a Sales may while ever you are looking for work.  Im testing an unusuall leaflet strategy this week, ill let you know how it goes when the results are in, but so far 200 leaflets this morning and two bookings over the phone a lot more going out tommorow so if the trend continues thats 1% responce, however im not counting my chickens yet untuill its had a decent run of 1K as a minimum.  Anyway off to bed now up at 5:30 for the NEC.

Dene

prodry

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2007, 10:46:39 pm »
Well done Red.

Get that TM out there pumping out the greenhouse gases. Lets all do our bit for global warming.

the red carpet

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2007, 10:51:04 pm »
I would if it didnt break down yesterday >:( i dont have nothing easy me mate :'(

prodry

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2007, 10:57:43 pm »
Red, your one of the lucky ones, You've got a new woodbridge TM. I've got one of their old hercules ones. It breaks down at least once every day, I have  to fix on custys drive and end up going into the appointment with grease on my hands and face.

prodry

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2007, 11:02:54 pm »
Red

another thing you could consider is doing block paving/patio cleaning, refinishing, protecting etc...  save a small corner of your leaflet for advertising this. Doesnt pay as well and you need your wellies for this type of work, but half or full  day a week could help you out, without lowering your cc prices. 

We do a full day a week of this type of work, especially this time of year.

the red carpet

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2007, 11:31:57 pm »
yeah thats something i wanna start doing do you use the tm to do this?
what else is needed?

Dont know about it not paying as well though, if i do it im gonna charge more than i charge for carpets thats for sure
people spend a hell of a lot more money on a new drive than a new carpet for the lounge dont they so surely they would expect to pay more for this service.

I would happily give somebody £100 to do my drive (if i had one) but i wouldnt give somebody that to do my lounge

prodry

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2007, 11:56:16 pm »
You will strugle with patios/drives to get a decent price. It takes me 1 hour cleaning, 30mins gassing and drinking tea, to clean an average through lounge (in and out in around 2 hours). £50/60/70 see you later! (more for you i am sure) 

However an average 300 sq foot drive/patio, i spray with cleaner and scrub with brush while i am talking to them, then presure clean with TM in and out in 1.5 hours. Struggle to get more then £40/50 for clean and maybe a few extras ie. protect, but this can only be done when dry so furhter visit later, total job £60/70. However when the weather is like it was today, cleaning bird s*&%t and moss off a patio or drive is heaven to me. 4 presure wash jobs tommorow, total £240.00 all drives, none of them will be in . I will be home by 2pm, dirty, smelling and very happy.

mark_roberts

« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2007, 12:12:08 am »
Red

You did 13 quotes today.  How did you get them.  13 is excellant and £1400 is a nice weeks work.  Dont think Ive ever done 13 in one day.

Sometimes we all get a few quiet weeks it happens to us all.

Mark

the red carpet

« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2007, 07:36:50 am »
I dedicate one day a week to quotes so i wont be doing no more for the rest of the week

3 from door knocking
2 from referalls
1 from website
1 from yellow pages
6 from leaflets

craigp

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2007, 07:50:57 am »
i got 3 jobs this week, so you got more than me :'(

one yesterday one Thurs and one Sat. least i'll get some leaflets out. lol.

« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2007, 08:22:07 am »

Craig,

Even I got more than you  ;D

As has been said Red, it's not that you are not getting work (although the FT method needs tweaking!) you simply have committed yourself heavily and you have to accept that if you want to push things along so quickly stress and potential failure are part of the gamble.

If you succeed yo will be years ahead of others who started the same time as you and tens of thousands better off.   

conallon

« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2007, 07:07:10 pm »
Geof

no upsetmeant meant

i sell what ive got and what i can achieve

do not feel the need or want to slag fellow carpet cleaners off in our area  ;)

we no who they are, they just make idiots of themselves and lose money  8)

have a good year

Conrad

p.s. you  can tel if a customer is bull poopting bye were thy live and what they say

bye i luv Grolsh  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2007, 07:17:07 pm »
Conrad, saw you parked outside B&Q today. me & Craig were grabbing a starbucks before going to pickup Mike Ts Bane machine

so the 'King Of Leather' will be cleaning carpets from next week. another competitor to worry about :D :D

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

conallon

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2007, 07:27:26 pm »
Now then

oh poop, how did you hide your van  ;D

talked to Craig the other day i wish him well !

Conrad

bennymon

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2007, 11:26:40 am »
where has the work gone ? last week worked 6 days out of 7     this week not one single job booked in . im off to deliver some leaflets  fingers crossed something will come in  :( :(

prodry

« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2007, 12:19:40 pm »
same here bennymon, Few jobs booked in that we could not do last week as were so busy. Think its the weather reports of snow have put custys off booking. 

Neil Grainger

« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2007, 01:54:35 pm »
del

Is the same in snowy old yateley, just come in as its snowing and getting all my leaflets wet.

Strange times we are having at the moment, Even had the bank on the phone saying that I have not paid anything in for a while, Never had a dry spell like this in my history, goes against all the usual workload for this time of year.

Better pick up soon or the sh.t will hit the fan big time.

10,000 leaflets to put out so will be out everyday this week.

bennymon

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2007, 05:22:59 pm »
hi neil  did you get the email of my leaflet  :)