This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-Thru.

Pics.... Is This Right Guys.....Set up ?
« on: March 01, 2007, 04:43:59 pm »
Hi Guys, following all your very helpful advice, I have so far got two 11 litre DI vessels ( not going down RO Route just yet as water here in Exeter is soft 100ppm on average ) With two poles, 18ft and 30ft.
Think I Think I am gonna need a 12ft for the domestic stuff tho, I have taken a couple of pics today testing at home, Seemed to work fine, two inline DI's brought TDS down to 000ppm.

Couple of problems tho.......

1. Seemed to take forever to pressure system up, was connected to tap in garage, had to wait bout 5 minutes for water going through vessels (with fresh resin filled to aprox 3/4 as advised by supplier)  then eventualy thru hose, 100 meter 8mm microbore.
Tried with hose on reel, then again with 50 meters un-wound still same amount of time?
Is this normal, and worried that my new 100psi sureflow pump won't cope with this pressure???
What do you think, Please?
I intend to carry a 600litre tank of tap water in van and just use these two DI vessels thru 100psi pump and varistream, will it all cope?
Any hints and tips welcome, please....

2. When unravaling hose from reel, it came off the sides and tangled up around the center spindle.
Does anyone have any hints and tips to stop/prevent this happening, dont want to be wasting valuble time wressling with a hose pipe.
Please have a look at my pics, do I have too much hose on this new reel, is this reel not suitable?

Many thanks guys, I really appreciate all your help

Goochie.

Clear Vision

Re: Pics.... Is This Right Guys.....Set up ?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 04:50:27 pm »
Hi Guys, following all your very helpful advice, I have so far got two 11 litre DI vessels ( not going down RO Route just yet as water here in Exeter is soft 100ppm on average ) With two poles, 18ft and 30ft.
Think I Think I am gonna need a 12ft for the domestic stuff tho, I have taken a couple of pics today testing at home, Seemed to work fine, two inline DI's brought TDS down to 000ppm.

Couple of problems tho.......

1. Seemed to take forever to pressure system up, was connected to tap in garage, had to wait bout 5 minutes for water going through vessels (with fresh resin filled to aprox 3/4 as advised by supplier)  then eventualy thru hose, 100 meter 8mm microbore.
Tried with hose on reel, then again with 50 meters un-wound still same amount of time?
Is this normal, and worried that my new 100psi sureflow pump won't cope with this pressure???
What do you think, Please?

No need to worry. I run a 100psi shurflo pump on 100m of 8mm hose and have no problems ;)

2. When unravaling hose from reel, it came off the sides and tangled up around the center spindle.
Does anyone have any hints and tips to stop/prevent this happening, dont want to be wasting valuble time wressling with a hose pipe.
Please have a look at my pics, do I have too much hose on this new reel, is this reel not suitable?

I have the same problems! pain in the neck!!!! It's ok when you pull it out straight but when you pull it at an angle thats when the problems start!

poleman

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 04:54:07 pm »
had to wait bout 5 minutes for water going through vessels

Make sure you dont fill the vessels to the top this maybe your problem

Andy

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 04:57:54 pm »
Your hose reel does look pretty full mine's not quite that full and i also have 100mtrs of minibore.
I expect your reel is 50 mtrs standard hose as mines 60 mtrs standard hose.

Its looks a good sturdy reel though you may need to take 10 mtrs or so off but don't do that yet as 100 mtrs is a really good size.
You may get used to pulling it off differantly.

Saying that sometimes mine comes off the side it one of those things that can't really be helped and will happen from time to time.

As for the D/i and your pump i can't help as my water is made at home and pumped pure straight to the van so no need for any filters in the van.

Paul

poleman

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 04:58:07 pm »
it came off the sides and tangled up around the center spindle

You have to much hose on your real, get yourself some nice microbore

Andy

C-Thru.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 04:58:43 pm »
Thanks andy but as said in my post, vessels only filled to 3/4 as advised by resin supplier, Varitech.

Goochie.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 05:10:05 pm »
   Goochie why use 2 di vessels , you should only need 1 ?

007 or what

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 05:12:26 pm »
Take all your hose off the reel take the reel apart cut 2 circle's about 3 inch's bigger than 1 side off the reel, fix 1 circle to either side of your reel then put your hose back on. (if this doesnt make any sense i will post a pic of mine)  :D

C-Thru.

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 05:29:58 pm »
Hi Steve, got the two vessels to save on resin, was told overtime this would be cheapest option.

007, yes please would like to see a pic of what you've done to your reel.
Many thanks
Goochie.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 05:36:55 pm »
When pulling out from reel don't just suddenly stop as the reel will free wheel and then you get the thing tangled up.  Gradually slow down and then stop.  Some reels come with a brake to stop this from happening.

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 06:38:50 pm »
Hi Steve, got the two vessels to save on resin, was told overtime this would be cheapest option

who on earth told you that?

if you live in anrea with 100 tdi and bought yourself an ro between 200-300 pound you woudnlt need any di cylinders

over time 2 cylinders is definately the dearer way of producing pure water your going to be told its the cheapest way because they need you to buy more resin more frequentley

C-Thru.

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 06:55:07 pm »
An RO unit is not really an option, as dont have space for one and have no drainage for waste.
Can't have a van mount system as i use same van for my Entertainments business so need to empty van out.

Goochie.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 06:59:44 pm »
Hi Steve, got the two vessels to save on resin, was told overtime this would be cheapest option.

007, yes please would like to see a pic of what you've done to your reel.
Many thanks
Goochie.

RO is definitely cheaper in the longer term - even with tap water at 100 TDS.  Of course if you haven't got facilities for a holding tank (a definite advantage over van RO (IMO)  ), then the resin option and filling the vehicle tank from tap will be a good way to start.  I suggest you gradually try to work your way around to getrting an RO system though with a static tank.  Of course if you need to rent premises then that would invalidate any savings made.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 07:04:21 pm »
An RO unit is not really an option, as dont have space for one and have no drainage for waste.
Can't have a van mount system as i use same van for my Entertainments business so need to empty van out.

Goochie.

OK Goochie.  I wrote my first post before seeing this one.  It looks like you are doing things the best way with the facilities available to you.  I considered DI only even with tap TDS of about 200 because of my lack of facilities (I live in a flat set way back from the road).  However, I got lucky with some premises and a static tank with RO turning up about the same time.  My premises "rent" is paid for with about an hours window cleaning every few weeks.  I offered some money too but the people are well happy to let me use their premises because they get clean windows in return.

007 or what

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 08:20:19 pm »
Here you go mate not great but hope you can see what i mean ;)

007 or what

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 08:31:34 pm »
Try this

C-Thru.

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 08:53:56 pm »
Thanks 007, looks like a good solution, will definatly try that on,
many thanks for your time and efforts,
much apreciated
Goochie

007 or what

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 08:55:14 pm »
Think i need to tidy my van looks well scruffy on camara :P good luck

williamx

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 09:18:57 pm »
There are a few things you could do.

Firstly why are you carrying 600 litres of tap water? why don't you carry pure water instead?

If you are only going to carry a days worth of water then 600 litres is too much, you will find that 400 litres is better.

Change the hose to 6mm microbore its a lot better than the one you have.

Using 2 di tanks will make the resin last longer, also you can kept on cleaning until you register 15 ppm but I would recommend changing resin at 10ppm.

Also remember that if the tap water going though the di tanks to too fast then the resin will not purify the water as efficiently as a steady flow rate.

C-Thru.

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 09:53:39 pm »
Hi Will, thanks for advice, pipe you see on Pic's is microbore, 8mm.

Goochie.