This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trevor perry

Re: Prices please
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 06:36:06 pm »
there are approximately 40 windows a block about 17 tops and 23 bottoms the top windows would take a minute a climb to clean and the bottoms about 30 seconds a window so that is the all block in under 30 mins , dont reply saying it cant be done because these are realistic times i achieve if working from a ladder.the time would include a quick damp wipe of frame and sill to
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

JM123

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 06:39:32 pm »
spot on ronaldo - 2hrs for £60 happy days, next time 1.5hrs max and after that about an hour for £60, couldn't be better.

Trevor if you feel you can work that fast ok, those tops and bottoms remember are double windows so for you you would have to double up.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Mike_G

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 07:03:44 pm »
I thought about £40 for them.

clean team

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 07:37:33 pm »
you need to be chargeing at least £40 to£50 an hour to make any desent money.even more when you have spent all this money on pole systems.
you need to make at least 300 a day

billhope_1

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 10:27:23 am »
Me thinks Trevor Perry might be telling a few porkies! I've been in this game for 20yrs and thats just about the best bit of bullysh#t yet. he he he. ;) ;) ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 11:36:05 am »
i honestly think i could do each block from a ladder in 30minutes so thats 1 hour for both blocks so gaz at £18 a block sounds spot on
Yep. £36 per hour would do me too.
That's if it took an hour, I reckon I'd do it under that.

marc al

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 04:55:55 pm »
  Whenever times and prices are discussed on this forum I start to laugh in amazement, why do people insist on saying they are so fast, I reckon there are alot of dodgy watches out there.

Also alot of people are spposedly making alot of money too, I find some of the figures banded about rather amusing also - 350 a day on domestic?? - thats alot.

Is the user name of Billy Bullpoop taken??

ronaldo

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 04:57:22 pm »
  Whenever times and prices are discussed on this forum I start to laugh in amazement, why do people insist on saying they are so fast, I reckon there are alot of dodgy watches out there.

Also alot of people are spposedly making alot of money too, I find some of the figures banded about rather amusing also - 350 a day on domestic?? - thats alot.

Is the user name of Billy Bullnuts taken??

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

trevor perry

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 09:33:18 pm »
it could definately be done in 30 mins a block before people accuse me of buls,,,,ing why not offer a wager and put money where their mouth is i wouldnt mind a free expenses paid trip to prove i was right
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

gary evans

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 09:49:07 pm »
Hi All,

I,d enter £40 to £50 depending on location & competition etc.

Gary

tacky

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 10:01:16 pm »
hi south wales here  u looking at least 35 quid  a block

JM123

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2007, 11:51:17 pm »
The friend I was referring to is very very quick with the pole, his trailer (650ltr) is set up so that all he does it lift the pole off (it sits in spring clips) and presses the start button. The reel is bolted on to the trailer so the hose just runs off as he walks away.  I reckon he's slapdash but he's got a lot of happy customers so he must be doing something right.  Plus his work is very condensed and he does charge reasonably well compared to me.  I have helped him out a few times on nursing homes, commercial work and we have managed £600 a day between the 2 of us, 9hrs work - one trip back home to refill.

Squeeky, there's not a hope in honolulu that you could do those 2 blocks in less than an hour, sorry.

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 11:59:10 pm »

Squeeky, there's not a hope in honolulu that you could do those 2 blocks in less than an hour, sorry.

But that's not his own picture on his avatar.  He's a lot younger than that really  ;D

macmac

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 12:07:02 am »

Is the user name of Billy Bullnuts taken??

agreed
its like the driver who states he can get from A to B  in a certain time, then, when you actualy work it out he would need to be travelling at an average speed of 700mph!!!!!
 ::) ::) ::) ::)

tony

JM123

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 12:13:51 am »
guys if you don't believe me he can manage 350 a day fine, his best is 442 - the guys is like a whippet, personally I'm nowhere near his speed but I can mange £250 a day and my prices are probably less than most of yours (£5/£6 for a 3 bed semi)

Its all about organising your day, having work close together and just getting on with it, every agrees £40 an hour is achieveable, well what about £50 an hour for someone who is fast?  Start at 8, work to 6, an hour for breaks = 9hrs @ £50/hr = £450, and he literally takes 10mins for lunch and thats it for the day. 

I couldn't do it but thats how he's always worked.

Ballymena N.I

macmac

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 12:17:53 am »
my post wasn't directed at you jm, just a general feeling of some posts i've read in the past. ;)

tony

JM123

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 12:22:48 am »
no I know it wasn't but I felt I needed to clarify myself more anyway.

There's plenty of %&%$*))  talked on here - I blame Tosh

Ballymena N.I

Ian_Giles

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 06:47:08 am »
Some are claiming to do 40 windows in 30 minutes..yeah, right :-X
There may be a couple that can trad that fast, personally I don't know of any.

I'll warrant that JM's times are pretty brisk for the work shown, and as that is WFP it is unlikely in the extreme that anyone could match it done trad, those are not small accounts, and the bigger the account, the bigger the time difference between the two methods.

Most of us think we are pretty quick with a squeegee, and I daresay we are...but methinks a teensy bit of exaggeration is being bandied about here ::)
And of course when you offer to 'race' the situation changes again, you don't work at 'race' speed, if some one is there with a stopwatch, and you are all primed and ready to 'GO!!' It really isn't going to have much relation to how you work from day to day 8)
I like to watch others when they don't know they are being watched....and no, that doesn't mean Mrs B----- from No 15 when she takes a shower!! :o

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Paul Coleman

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 07:48:01 am »
Some are claiming to do 40 windows in 30 minutes..yeah, right :-X
There may be a couple that can trad that fast, personally I don't know of any.

I'll warrant that JM's times are pretty brisk for the work shown, and as that is WFP it is unlikely in the extreme that anyone could match it done trad, those are not small accounts, and the bigger the account, the bigger the time difference between the two methods.

Most of us think we are pretty quick with a squeegee, and I daresay we are...but methinks a teensy bit of exaggeration is being bandied about here ::)
And of course when you offer to 'race' the situation changes again, you don't work at 'race' speed, if some one is there with a stopwatch, and you are all primed and ready to 'GO!!' It really isn't going to have much relation to how you work from day to day 8)
I like to watch others when they don't know they are being watched....and no, that doesn't mean Mrs B----- from No 15 when she takes a shower!! :o

Ian

Sure thing Ian.  A race situation is totally different.
If I have been rained off all day and the weather changes to allow me to work the last couple of hours, my pace is a lot quicker than an all day pace because I know I don't have to sustain it.  My normal place varies between brisk and plod.  I don't have to set any records to earn a decent income.