This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

s woodliff

Re: WINDOW SILLY
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 08:17:47 pm »
thats the problem wee squeak you dont know who i am  but i am far from an amateur just thought ur comments were a bit strange coming from a so called professional

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 08:58:05 pm »
thats the problem wee squeak you dont know who i am  but i am far from an amateur just thought ur comments were a bit strange coming from a so called professional

Only repeating what someone else said though wasn't I? ::)

...and no I haven't done a wee.

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 09:26:35 pm »
Is this what our friend should have looked like , me today getting the H & S treatment

Rich P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

window wonder

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 09:55:37 pm »
sounds like somone woke up on the wrong side of bed!
slwcn member

Fast Eddie !

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 10:43:34 pm »
thing of the past now window wonder man !

Ian_Giles

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 08:53:28 am »
In todays climate what that window cleaner was doing was stupid, but big deal, I've done far worse than that in the past...
Of course if he fell and landed on someone it would be shocking and appalling, and it is possible that it could happen, but on that building it never has yet and as Wavie davie says, it will have been cleaned that way for generations.
Accidends happen of course, but the reality is that accidents such as a window cleaner falling off a window ledge and landing on a baby in a pram are very unlikely to happen.
But it is just this kind of thinking that lead to nanny state thinking...

Conkers falling off trees and landing on a baby in a pram, smashing it in the face...
Answer?

Either cut the tree down or but up barriers around the tree (s) to create a nice, safe exclusion zone (it has happened by the way (the baby bit was my own though ;)))
Children banned from running in the playground in case they fall over and hurt themselves or others. (yep, that's happened too)

It's right that window cleaners should be stopped from doing as this guy has done, I accept that, and the possibility of an accident is certainly there, but the chances of that accident actually happening is very low.

A local carnival wanted to hang up a banner on a building, but to do so meant a staggeringly high insurance to do so.

The reason for the high insurance?

Well if one of the lines holding it in place came loose, it might flap around in the wind and wrap itself around a childs neck and kill him or her.
This was the reason given for the high cost of the insurance.

In all the decades it has been held (and advertised) it hasn't happened yet...but it could do, it could be done just that way for the next hundred years and the most likely outcome is that it would never happen, but on the infinitismally tiny chance that it might, to get insurance to put up this banner for a few days the cost would have been up around a grand to do so...

Health and safety my arse >:(

But of course that window cleaner was caught on camera though, so someone will be for the high jump I'm sure.

Ian

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

trevor perry

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 10:54:12 pm »
well said ian because something looks dangerous it is imediately seized upon by health and safety officers to justify their own jobs , but  in reality lots of things in life carry a risk but we do them anyway ie how many killed driving every year but we dont ban cars how many fly every year but we dont stop even though scientists say global warming will kill millions , they always qoute european laws yet when you look abroad at how they carry on in their jobs we seem to be only country implementing these laws ,oh well thats my moan for the day.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

petski2

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 11:10:12 pm »
Fast Eddie. ???
Ahh I know it reminds me of my all time fav film.
The  Hustler. ;)
Paul Newman played Fast Eddie Felson.
Absolute classic ;D

cybersye

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 11:29:23 pm »
a neighbour came out a few months ago whilst i was wfp'ng a 2nd floor and said her wc'r used a ladder and climbed along the ledge, I mentioned how un h&s that was in todays climate to which she replied "well you have to take some risks" :o
Another place where I used a 40 ft pole on a 4th storey , one of the old dears there remembers the days the wc tied himself off to the radiator and climbed out. Maybe times have changed, I for one would never take that risk anymore although I have once or twice, there are plenty of windows we can clean without such danger

DaveWilkinson

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007, 02:23:13 am »
I wouldnt fancy being tied to a radiator, speaking as a plumber I'd rather risk it freestyle, nowadays you'd end up layed out on the grass and then get smaked in the head with a radiator.