Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul@ctcs

200rpm rotary???
« on: July 28, 2004, 03:10:36 pm »
I recently gambled a bit and purchased a numatic rotary from ebay having no idea what speed it ran at, i hoped it was a 150rpm but turned out to be a 200rpm with a 17" deck, very good nick for just £70 so good value.
The main intention is to use it for bonnet work and agitating pre-spray on commercial jobs.
My question : Is 200rpm too fast for my needs or will it be ok even on synthetics, as i dont want to melt them.

Thanks Paul :)

cleanmac

Re: 200rpm rotary??? New
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 07:49:43 pm »
Dryfusion spins at 290 rpm, you should be allright.

HolmansUKLTD

Re: 200rpm rotary???
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 08:17:49 pm »
I think its a little too fast but best ask JB ???
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 09:33:45 pm »
Hi Nick

200rpm will be okay with the pads you have, personally I would aim to work at 180rpm.

hope your keeping busy

Best regards Nick

paul@ctcs

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 12:41:09 am »
Thanks for your advice chaps!

Nick,
Things are quite busy in general and the carpet cleaning side of the business is steadily growing and i'm getting great results from your solutions.
If you can recall our telephone conversation from a couple of months ago, i mentioned one of the snooker clubs we clean on a daily basis wanted there carpets cleaning? Well the manager of the club has at last given me a date to clean them, i would like to use the rotary to agitate the pre-spray with a polypropylene scrubbing brush,will this be ok at 200rpm?Another question would be how would your number 2 fair on the black solid, sticky areas?Or would you recomend using a high alkaline conventional detergent? I imagine pre treating with eco spotter would soften the black areas making things easier, but the areas are quite large and this may prove an expensive option??

Thanks in advance Paul :)

P.S. i need to speak to you about a sebo duo!

Dynafoam

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 01:58:15 am »
Paul,

For the black-top, rather than Eco Spotter, talk to Nick about No.  2 HD, it will be more effective and more economical. Use only a light misting.

200 rpm with a 17" pad is a little higher than ideal but should be OK provided the carpet is not too dry - perhaps dilute the micro-splitter slightly more (1:20) and apply slightly more heavilly than usual.

John.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 01:42:04 pm »
John,

Thanks for the advice, i'll call to Nick this afternoon and ask about the number 2 HD.
Would running a 15" brush be possible on my 17" machine, as i imagine this would reduce friction? Also would reducing the number of bristles on the brush lower friction or would this be countered by increasing the weight per square inch on the remaining bristles?

Thanks Paul

Dynafoam

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 03:52:33 pm »
Paul,

Reducing the surface area would incease the pressure in pounds per square inch, but the main differance would be a reduction of the speed of the outer bristles and consequently a reduction in the heat generated.

However you may not be able to locate a smaller brush that does not foul something on the upper face.

Provided the carpet is sufficiently lubricated and you keep the brush moving the 17" should be acceptable.

John.