Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shaun_pearson

leaflets (cost,distribution)
« on: July 26, 2004, 01:30:13 am »
hi guys

just designed my leaflets and was wondering what sort of money yous are paying for them.  i am wanting 10k a5 leaflets on gloss paper, full colour on one side only. i will of course deliver some of these on my travels but the majority i will be paying for delivery. was thinking about having them put in one of the local papers. what do yous find the works the best? what sort of cost is it for deliverey?

cheers shaun  

Dave Parry

Re: leaflets (cost,distribution)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 01:52:59 am »
Shaun, Would look closely at your spec, do you need full colour and if not you probably dont need glossy. Both these add quite a bit to printing costs. I dont use inserts into local newspapers, I use a guy who delivers 2 or 3 others at the same time. Charges me £ 24 / 1000.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 08:50:17 am »
Dave,

This chap who delivers your leaflet is he relation.

Is he reliable.

The reason I ask is that I had a friend or aquaintance who set up a small leaflet distribution company, but proved to be unrealiable as he could not obtain other leaflets that needed to go out in the same area as mine on a regular basis. or it got caught up with a free advertising booklet he had a delivary contract for.

He let me down twice. True i did not pay as much as you.

I have thought as a subsidary of setting up my own leaflet delivary company, but  do I want the additional hazzle

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 10:33:34 am »
Glossy makes no differance to a leaflets performance, so no point paying for it. .

10,000 a5 full colour £99 from tradeprint 01482 342464

delivery is the most important thing.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dave Parry

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 01:51:52 am »
Ian,
No he is a guy I was introduced to 18 months ago, via a neighbour of his. He is a single parent and needs the cash (he does declare it, and I get him to sign a receipt each time). He is very reliable, and has a couple of guys to help him on occasions. Only problem is, if on his own he only delivers about 3k /week, I would like a few more. I could not survive without him or someone similar. I suggest areas to him, and he usualy obliges, but generally I let him get on with it, and do the areas his other leaflets want.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

bill.appleton

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 12:15:54 am »
I had 50k leaflets printed in blue on white for £290.  Also I happen to live near a distributor for the local paper, who puts 4500 at a time out for me for £45.

Grab the person delivering your local free paper and get them to introduce you to whoever they get the papers from.  You may be able to strike a cash deal which is a damn sight cheaper than paying the local paper direct. (by the way I get receipts as well)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 01:53:46 am »
Got a qoute of Prontoprint today £160 for 10000 plus you have to design them.

Thank god Ive got the use of a copy printer.

Therfore cost is £3 a thousand.

However Print Quality is not as good as Tradeprint

paulchambers

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 08:30:02 pm »
Which A5 leaflet from tradeprint seems to work the best

I think plain one colour would do, as its getting them out that counts has anyone tried various ones   paul