Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

declanb

Build Your Own
« on: July 25, 2004, 11:06:10 pm »
Anyone got any experience of building their own machine and, if so, how did it go and what problems did u encounter?  Have been looking into it with a couple of engineering mates of mine and was just wondering if it was feasable.

Cheers,
Dec
Someone has to do it!

Len Gribble

Re: Build Your Own
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 11:19:59 pm »
Dec

Every thing is feasible never done it though, looks a pain to do! What type of machine do you want to build? I’m assuming hwe.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dynafoam

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 11:28:14 pm »
declanb,

I've been building carpet cleaning machines over the past 40 years, so it most certainly is feasable.

However an answer to your question could fill a large book. The basic principles are straitforeward but the devil is in the detail. If the purpose of an own-build is simply to save money, I would say don't bother - buy a good s/hand machine.

John.

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 12:09:31 am »
John

Talking to a chap a few weeks ago based where I’m going next week and he was referring to a vortex waist tank but would not elaborate on it, I understand the principles in this method, heavy partials sink to the bottom as I have the same system for my fish pond.  I know I’m asking you to speculate, do you think he may be referring to recycle water, as I can’t see any other benefit. By the way it’s a TM system

Len  
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 12:11:05 am »
or we talking portable or T/M? with a portable I'd think the hard part is making the fresh & foul water tanks, pumps,vac motors & switches are easy to put together.

on the T/M side i'm now using my own built machine powered be 3 x3 stage vacs, a 500psi pump & a diesal burner. the tanks and hose reals come off a Bane machine.

I'm trying now to turn it into a duel wand machine.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dynafoam

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 02:53:23 am »
Hi Len,

I can only speculate on this. As you say vortexes are used as a form of cyclonic separation within liquids, often as a pre-treatment to mechanical filtration.

However I doubt that on a TM the purpose would be as part of a re-cycle system. I think that it is more likely  a separate tank use as a sort of fluff/grit-filter. This would certainly make tank cleaning easier as TM tanks can silt up badly.

If someone knows, I would interested to know the true answer.

John.

peter_collins

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 04:14:06 pm »
Mick, 3x3 stage vacs will never amount to a truckmount!

Regards, Pete.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 11:05:47 pm »
pulls as much as a blazer or a spitfire :D

plus it stays in the van so what else does it need to do to be a truckmount ;)

Mike

Martin_Bignell

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 11:40:47 pm »
Hi Mike,
Have you done away with the Bane blower altogether on your machine? if so why?
Or are the fan vacuum motors in series with it.
Martin

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 12:07:28 am »
martin I've got rid off the whole base unit, because of crap PSI and poor vacuum. I've replaced them with a 600psi pump and 3 x 3 stage vacs, much better than before.

Plus i wanted more room in the van.

mike

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 12:12:19 am »
Hi Guys,

So Mike are you suggesting that Bane Clene does'nt give much psi or suction?

Cheers,

Doug

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 12:20:57 am »
what do you think :o

banes are great machines and very reliable but they don't have the best specifications.

I also like to invent things so Thought i could make something better.

Mike

Dynafoam

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 12:41:58 am »
Mike,

Good on you  ;)

That is how many a good machine came about, and there's a lot more satisfaction in DIY than simply laying down a wad of cash.

John.