Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H h20

sill/cill brush
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:54:02 pm »
I have been in a discussion today with my brush supplier and have explained that there has been quite a bit of interest in a sill/cill(sorry don`t know the correct spelling)brush,
so he needs to know how much interest really as for what numbers the brushes are to be made and supplied in,
we know about the vikan hi/low brush but it`s not exactly perfect(too heavy,big,not correct bristles etc)
what i am needing is how many people are interested in this brush,
all i know is that we would like it to be light (maybe made from a plastic foam stock) the bristles will be monofilament,
if anyone has any suggestions and interest please let me know asap so we can get things moving,
cheers,Gaz  ;)

Bazzy1999

Re: sill/cill brush
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 03:58:36 pm »
Gaz

Im after your salmon brush if your still doing them and i would like 5 of them and 2 of them to be the swivel type, so when you have time could you email me the prices?

Cheers

Bazz...

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 04:01:35 pm »
I was going to get one for my powerpole but decided not to in the end just because of the weight.

But i would be interested in a light sill brush i could just use with an unger pole as i would only use it a couple of times a month not really worth buying a new pole just so i can use one just a few times a month.

Paul

H h20

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 04:03:35 pm »
Gaz

Im after your salmon brush if your still doing them and i would like 5 of them and 2 of them to be the swivel type, so when you have time could you email me the prices?

Cheers

Bazz...

Bazz,you got mail,Gaz

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 04:03:59 pm »
"all i know is that we would like it to be light (maybe made from a plastic foam stock) "
Could he make a basic brush out of that material ?

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 04:06:05 pm »
"all i know is that we would like it to be light (maybe made from a plastic foam stock) "
Could he make a basic brush out of that material ?

And if so would it last ?

H h20

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 04:10:04 pm »
My supplier used to make brushes,but he sold his equipment a few years ago and now buys them in,i have got a brush that is made from plastic foam stock and it is really light and strong,
the brushes will be made to a high standard so they should last,
Gaz

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 04:33:15 pm »
There is a very large market for a practical, lightweight dual purpose brush which will effectively clean verticle glass/frames and horizontal sills in one operation without the necessity of either changing brushes or angle of presentation.

Any experienced domestic window cleaner will tell you that the customer regards wiping the sill as a necessary element of the window cleaning process.

Those of us who have converted from "trad" would never have dreamed of squeegeing a window without wiping the residue off the sill afterwards.

A brush that will achieve this and satisfy the criteria of durability and lightness (if properly marketed), would become the standard brush for every domestic window cleaning pole.

Surely one of the manufacturers must have the vision to see this?  The first one to come up with the goods will corner the market.

Cheers,

Ian

H h20

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 04:40:49 pm »
Hi Ian,thanks for your reply yes this brush is a must and will eventually become the standard brush,this is why i need numbers to approach my supplier so we can get things moving,
Gaz

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 06:43:15 pm »
If its foam and comes in between 8-10oz ish or under and having made/ converted my own for years. I would buy one with soft but not too long filament bristles(less than the vikan). I wouldnt be too worried about how long it lasts because the lightness speeds you up to compensate for needing to buy then more often.

H h20

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 07:53:46 pm »
Hi Jeff,thanks for the reply thanks for the request for bristle size i need this info to know what is going to be the best for the brush,i am going to try to get the lightest material but still strong and of quality,
and to try to keep the price realistic,Gaz

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 08:07:13 pm »
Just a thought. At one time I thought you had to have a brush with anchored/riveted bristles but if its well made maybe they are not needed.

H h20

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 08:13:15 pm »
LOL  ;D,Jeff i mentioned you today to my supplier about your brush info collection  ;D,Gaz  ;)

H h20

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 08:26:17 pm »
Nip over to see the pm on the academy.

Thanks Jeff,message replied,Gaz

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 08:47:06 pm »
i have a vikan cill brush excellent brush just wish it was  alot lighter i use daily a american monofilament brush nice and light cleans windows well if you can get a brush like the cill brush  but lighter i would be interested .

H h20

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 08:48:54 pm »
i have a vikan cill brush excellent brush just wish it was  alot lighter i use daily a american monofilament brush nice and light cleans windows well if you can get a brush like the cill brush  but lighter i would be interested .

Yes that`s the idea,i can get a brush made but it`s all down to numbers,Gaz

Count Phil

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 12:13:33 pm »
I would definitely take a couple. The vikan one makes you realise why you need a sill brush but it weighs so much and doesn't clean as well as your brushes. one of your brushes in the shape of the vikan sill brush is what you need to offer and all my poles would have them.

H h20

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2007, 12:18:49 pm »
I would definitely take a couple. The vikan one makes you realise why you need a sill brush but it weighs so much and doesn't clean as well as your brushes. one of your brushes in the shape of the vikan sill brush is what you need to offer and all my poles would have them.

Hi Phil,it seems as though there are a lot of brushes on the market but there is not the "perfect brush",so many have asked for a multi purpose brush ie sill brush,buy now i have tried to get the ball rolling not many replies yet,unless i`m being too eager,who knows lets see what happens,Gaz

jeff1

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 02:08:28 pm »
Gaz I was going to get a SILL (lol) brush,from vikan, but I'm interested in this new type of brush, save a lot of hasstle moving into position to wipe the sill afterwards, time = money.

H h20

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 02:23:27 pm »
Gaz I was going to get a SILL (lol) brush,from vikan, but I'm interested in this new type of brush, save a lot of hasstle moving into position to wipe the sill afterwards, time = money.

Jeff,the vikan some people are using and like but i think that`s just down to that there is no alternative the vikan was not produced for wfp it is too heavy ,bulky and not the perfect bristles,
i know exactly how this brush should be and it WILL knock the stuffing out of the vikan,Gaz  ;)

jeff1

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 02:28:06 pm »

Jeff,the vikan some people are using and like but i think that`s just down to that there is no alternative the vikan was not produced for wfp it is too heavy ,bulky and not the perfect bristles,
i know exactly how this brush should be and it WILL knock the stuffing out of the vikan,Gaz  ;)
Thanks Gaz
I was doing a window above a conservatorie last week and had a 24' pole at its full extent, and with the new vikan brush on it, when I looked at my pole it looked like it had a whale on the end with all the flexing.
So anything lighter and capable of doing the sills has my vote.

H h20

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 02:34:03 pm »
I think if this brush gets into production and fitted with the swivel adapter it`s going to a must,
Gaz

JM123

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 03:15:12 pm »
I know of no-one over here who cleans the sills with their brush - wipe the downstairs sills yes but upstairs no.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

H h20

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 03:38:26 pm »
I know of no-one over here who cleans the sills with their brush - wipe the downstairs sills yes but upstairs no.

It`s an Irish thing then  ;D,Gaz  ;)

vivaro 013

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 03:44:25 pm »
when do you feel youll have a sill brushes to try

H h20

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 03:50:48 pm »
when do you feel youll have a sill brushes to try

The thing is,i need to get as many people as i can interested so i can let my brush supplier know to see how much it will cost to produce,if we want this brush to be produced i can`t  produce it first and then all of a sudden everybody wants one i need definate interest before hand or it`s a no go,
i assure you it will be light,a choice of bristle grades and of high quality,
Gaz

jouk45

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 04:45:38 pm »
gaz, are you talking about a wfp brush head that does windows and sills combined,
or a seperate brush for cleaning sills,

Sure Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 04:56:10 pm »
Hi Gaz,

Yes I would be interested in a sill brush. Currently use vikan, whilst I am happy with it, would be much better if lighter.

If your brush proved better than Vikan I would want at least two.

All the best

Steve G

H h20

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 06:18:40 pm »
gaz, are you talking about a wfp brush head that does windows and sills combined,
or a seperate brush for cleaning sills,

Joe,it will be a combined brush window and sill,similar to the vikan hi/low(addopted sill name)brush,but properly designed for the job,
Gaz

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2007, 08:52:53 pm »
Hi Gaz

I would be very interested.

If you get this brush right, and I think you will, there will be quite a demand for it.

Well done mate.

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2007, 09:49:22 pm »
Gaz....going by what paople say about your "Gaz brush" i cant see why it wont take off, you even have a mention on Gardiners web site.
I know this is only a forum but it does cover the whole world and if it does exactly what it says on the tin and well Marketed i cant see it going wrong.
Your "Gaz brush" has a good Reputation so why stop at there!
And yes i will order a few of them if you are going to stock them..

Nice chating to you the phone by the way and the cheque is in the post.  ;D

Bazz...

dmlservices

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 02:08:26 pm »
hi gaz
are you still selling your brushes? if so please email with prices
cheers
daz

master cleaner

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2007, 09:44:29 pm »
hi gaz i think we all like different brushes like you know i like hard bristles .
is it not possible to make an add on siil adapter for all brushes that way everyone could use one with there existing brush

gary

H h20

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 10:21:12 pm »
hi gaz i think we all like different brushes like you know i like hard bristles .
is it not possible to make an add on siil adapter for all brushes that way everyone could use one with there existing brush

gary

Hi Gary,
i have thought of so many different ideas,but the only trouble with a kind of add on sill adapter is the there are so many different brushes that people use it would be difficult for it to fit,if i can get the brush into production it will be available with different grades of bristles,
Gaz

master cleaner

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 10:29:52 pm »
ok let me know how you get on

gary