This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steveaqua

Re: Drip tray?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 06:30:41 pm »
thats my point,

I was replying to clear vision that the port on the side of the van is not the only thing to be concerned about if your worried about depreciation, personally i beieve that the van is the tool for the job so what ever needs to be done to it for it to function better as a tool is what i would personally do regardless of the depreciation (not unless it was something that would make the van worthless if you get my drift)

macc

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 06:35:04 pm »
thats my point,

I was replying to clear vision that the port on the side of the van is not the only thing to be concerned about if your worried about depreciation, personally i beieve that the van is the tool for the job so what ever needs to be done to it for it to function better as a tool is what i would personally do regardless of the depreciation (not unless it was something that would make the van worthless if you get my drift)

Great minds think alike Steve,  ;)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 06:45:56 pm »
I think at the end of the day a van is a work tool and if someone looks to purchase it after you they need to remember that it wont be in showroom condition and also they need to remember it is after all still a used van

Chris

steveaqua

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 06:48:47 pm »
there are some real tools out there as well, there are a lot of used vans over 3-4 years old out there that are like nails, i saw so much cr*p when i bought my tranny, unbeliveable ::)

EasyClean

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 07:08:08 pm »
For Propole:
You can buy large heavy duty plastic drip trays from most gardening centres!

Here's a suggestion if you don't want to lose water on your hosereel as you use it outside your van; On your hose & hosereel fit microbore connections that stop the flow of water once they are disconnected. (On your hosereel just add a small length of hose stepping it down to microbore size).

You could always fit your hosereel permanently at the rear of your van and mount it to the floor. With mini/microbore hose fitted you should be able to reel out the hose (at the bottom where the rubber seal sits centre of both doors) and be able to shut & lock the rear doors without stopping the flow of water running through your hose. It would save you having to keep getting the hosereel out and worrying about conserving water.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 07:55:59 pm »
http://www.garlandproducts.com/
Look at potting products then tidy tray, I keep two in the boot for buckets, helps stop them falling over etc.  Or look at the gravel trays.
Hope this helps.

P®oPole™

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 08:12:08 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

I have been to garden centres and have had no joy, I might just bolt down and feed my micro-bore through one of the holes in the port they are large enough for it.

ProPole

steveaqua

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 08:19:42 pm »
you won't regret it Pro ;D

P®oPole™

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 08:23:02 pm »

I never regret it mate ;)

ProPole®

matt

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 09:01:24 pm »
go on pro'y

get a pallet, knock a few of the bits off

get a few rusty old nails, bang em in

paint newly made tray with some paint

job done

see i know you would get around to this DIY stuff ;)

oh, and the rustier the nails the better, and the rougher the pallet the better

then pop along to " insert name here of whoever sold you the system "

and show them your "RUSTIC DRIP TRAY"

together we can make the Rustic look, the look of 2007

P®oPole™

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 09:08:09 pm »

I knew you would post something here mathew ;D your a funny man.

That might look ok among your shopping trolley system or seatbelted in tanks. I have an image and standards to keep and your slap dash ideas would look a right mess with my kit!

ProPole®

matt

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 11:09:15 pm »
Rustic the mark of a pro

i can see the tag line now

matt

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 11:10:51 pm »
on a serious note

did you know that every Harvester restuarant is refitted WITHOUT a spirit level, everything is done by eye, its to add to the rustic look

i was s.prised by that, of course back when i was a carpenter, i took the money and went along with it ;) cracking idea

pure-water

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 11:49:18 pm »
hi
just thought the pics @ the bottom of this thread show a DIY fix for closed van doors while working outside

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=16002.0

spotless2000

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2007, 07:40:39 pm »
pro pole,

I am planning putting ports on my van so I can close the door.

Do you have any pictures you could email me?

Cheers

Matthew

I've found these on a website, about £15 each.

I'm planning to get a new van in March and wanted ports fitted for both electric and water.  I've spoken to three main van dealers and they all seem vague about supplying a van fitted with ports.  I would have thought the companies that they contract out the ply-lining to and the fitting of flashing beacons etc would have been able to carry out this work.

Has anyone fitted ports themselves?

I was reluctant to go down the DIY route due to affecting the van warranty and possible problems with insurance.

Davew

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2007, 08:23:52 pm »
Saw an ideal drip tray today in Focus : plastic tray for mixing concrete/cement on. :)

matt

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2007, 08:28:06 pm »
pro pole,

I am planning putting ports on my van so I can close the door.

Do you have any pictures you could email me?

Cheers

Matthew

I've found these on a website, about £15 each.

I'm planning to get a new van in March and wanted ports fitted for both electric and water.  I've spoken to three main van dealers and they all seem vague about supplying a van fitted with ports.  I would have thought the companies that they contract out the ply-lining to and the fitting of flashing beacons etc would have been able to carry out this work.

Has anyone fitted ports themselves?

I was reluctant to go down the DIY route due to affecting the van warranty and possible problems with insurance.

can i ask you what site, as i wouldnt mind the electric 1

on the note of installing it yourself, drill 4 holes in the corner of the box, get a cheapo jig saw ( 10 quid ) and join them up
DONT forget to PAINT cut bits, as they will rust

personally i would put them in the rear door thats allways closed, reason is, if it did effect anything, just get a new door for the van and job done ;) no issues

spotless2000

matt

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2007, 09:07:57 pm »
cheers spotless2000 :)

some very nice bits for my campervan on that site aswell ;)