This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Which country do you operate in

England
64.6%
62 (64.6%)
Scotland
14.6%
14 (14.6%)
Wales
9.4%
9 (9.4%)
N. Ireland
5.2%
5 (5.2%)
Ireland
1%
1 (1%)
Other
5.2%
5 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Re: Which country do you operate in
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 04:05:48 pm »
Question for Ian, Tosh, Roy or Rich do you guys also cross the river?

Are there toll fees? How much?

ProPole

I don't do any work across the Severn River.  It would have to be a good big job to get me over there.

Ian_Giles has just been asked to quote for some commercial stuff across the bridge, but he's not saying in case he's stepping on anyone's toes ;D.

It costs nearly a fiver for a car and a tenner for a van to cross the bridge, but only on the way into Wales.  It's free to leave!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 06:33:57 am »
Like others in border areas I work in England and Wales.

As Tosh said, I have to do a quote that may well take me over the severn bridge into the Bristol area, a lot of travelling involved, big stores, small stores and so on, and have to travel around a lot of SE Wales to do the same too.

Worth a few hundred a week so I'm going to give it some serious consideration!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

macc

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 08:26:54 am »
Hi Ian.

How much does it cost to use the Severn Bridge?

I've noticed reading the posts on here that some only work within say a 10 mile radious & others will travel.

I'm with Ian & the others on this one, why limit yourself if the earning are there if we have to travel a bit.

Macc

Richy L

Ian_Giles

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 12:22:11 pm »
Yep, at the moment, to get across te severn bridge it's £9.80 and goes up to £10.05  or something like that...a total bloody rip off! >:(

And I will travel any distance providing you are getting paid for what you are doing.
Close to home is nice of course ;)

Ian

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 05:16:22 pm »
I'll look out for you Ian! ;D

If you're quoting in Avonmouth bear in mind it can get really mucky what with the prevailing wind and the coal import plant producing lots of dust.

(Sad innit - importing coal, zinc - and cars - they've doubled the railway tracks to take the freight in one direction and resurrected a defunct railway iin another.)
It's a game of three halves!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 06:12:02 pm »
Hi Malc, not sure if there are any of these stores near Avonmouth, but they are in clifton, the mall, Patchway, broadmead, Yate and various others areas around Bristol.

Over tother' side, it is newport, Cardiff, Cymbran, Abergaveny, Barry and several other places both sides of the river, and several stores in the bigger towns and cities.
All outside once a week, in & out once a month and signage once a month too.

Might or might not be viable...time will tell.

Ian

Roy Harding

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 07:33:32 pm »
Hi Malc, not sure if there are any of these stores near Avonmouth, but they are in clifton, the mall, Patchway, broadmead, Yate and various others areas around Bristol.

Over tother' side, it is newport, Cardiff, Cymbran, Abergaveny, Barry and several other places both sides of the river, and several stores in the bigger towns and cities.
All outside once a week, in & out once a month and signage once a month too.

Might or might not be viable...time will tell.

Ian

Ian if you want help to cover some jobs I know some trust worthy window cleanners most towns.

Tel me know if you need to sub and I will give you the tel number's.

Roy