Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

malc

effective marketing
« on: June 17, 2004, 02:45:45 pm »
hi i`m malc stones
I`m a new starter and new to this forum but after reading many topics every seems really friendly so i hope you can help i`ve already purchased a ashbys ninja, done a dozen or so jobs all with exellent results, and feedback from my clients but i`m not sure what advertising to carry on for, i`ve been delivering my own leaflets with good success i`ve also attended a alltec discovery day robert had alot of good ideas i was woundering that if the idea of "the best carpet cleaning ever or your money back" actually works on leaflets, ads,etc or do alot of people actually complain and take libertys.

paul_smith

Re: effective marketing
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 05:09:10 pm »
Malc
So you found it then!
Good luck,
Paul.

malc

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 05:16:09 pm »
cheers paul

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 10:33:50 pm »
Malc

As you say your own leaflets are working for you why change? As for the “best carpet cleaning ever or your money back" it has it’s place, but it the core of the leaflet using key words customers focus on and yes I have used these words do I now that’s for you to find out please fill in your profile, also look a CD’s marketing great

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

paulchambers

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 08:17:22 pm »
I recently moved to a new area andfound that my leaflets didnt work at all i delivered 300 a day for 7 weeks and got one job i adverts best ever carpet cleaning money back gauratee ete ete ete.
What i have done now seems to work i am going through the phone book and picking names in my area with the better homes and sending a more personal letter with an offer of a free room clean with no strings attached getting a good response so far only cleaned one free carpets by its self most other get a free room plus i do rest of house well say all get 6 jobs out of 25 letters and so far one referral

Just a cleaner.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 11:25:45 pm »
I think i'll try that.   A response of 6 out of 25 sounds too good to be true.
When all the trees have been felled, and all the rivers are poisoned, we will dicover that we can't eat money.

Mark Betts

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 03:19:30 am »
I recently moved to a new area andfound that my leaflets didnt work at all i delivered 300 a day for 7 weeks and got one job i adverts best ever carpet cleaning money back gauratee ete ete ete.
What i have done now seems to work i am going through the phone book and picking names in my area with the better homes and sending a more personal letter with an offer of a free room clean with no strings attached getting a good response so far only cleaned one free carpets by its self most other get a free room plus i do rest of house well say all get 6 jobs out of 25 letters and so far one referral

Paul

Have you a copy of this letter?

Do you mean you have completed 6 jobs and only one has had the free room and the rest extra?

Why not carry on with this letter if its working so good?

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

paulchambers

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 02:44:14 pm »
no mark  

all i got was 6 responses for free cleaning

Mark Betts

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 05:10:05 pm »
Right I see what you mean now.

What sort of households were they?

Upmarket?  Middle Income?  Lower ?

Did they have other carpeting/upholstery that could maybe be cleaned at a later date?

If middle to upper and there is potentially further work there in the future and assuming you impressed them with your service and cleaning  ;D ;D I would keep them on your database and market to them periodically say every couple of months with letters/postcards newsletters etc and then they will use you.

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Derek

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 11:22:43 pm »
I have deleted the post from jasonb as I felt that it was counterproductive to the debate both in tone and content

Derek
Moderator.

jasonb

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 11:43:26 pm »
You think it was counterproductive that I offered to help a guy who had delivered 10,000 leaflets and only got one job?