Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kopuk

"URGENT" Dogs wee on wool mixture carpet
« on: November 10, 2006, 05:03:30 pm »
  Hi every one can some one advise me on how to clean a stain caused by dogs wee on a wool mixture carpet the stain is four days old and the carpet is almost brand new. Please help as the job is due tomrrow. :)

Thanks

maxcarpets

Re: "URGENT" Dogs wee on wool mixture carpet
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 05:55:08 pm »
Not to many people coming with an answer to this one. Rather you than me.
What colour is ( or should I say was ) the carpet?

Cheers
Justin

Kopuk

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 06:07:51 pm »
  Hi Justin its a light color carpet ( beige. )

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 06:26:52 pm »
Hi Kopuk
If it is 4 days old may just be to late.
The Urine starts off very acidic ( does depend on the age of the dog.The older the worst) then it stary to move to alkaline in which turn the liquid then moves to a salt and yellows,this is when it starts to stain and often cannot be reversed.
There are a number of different urine Neutralisers availible, I use Prochems Urine Neutraliser.Make sure you saturate the areas inc underlay if necessary. After a dwell time, extract.If there is any staining you will need to use a bleaching agent but as you sound new to this type of problem I advise to move with caution on bleaching.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Kopuk

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 06:41:55 pm »
 ;D Sorry people it`s not dogs wee I need to clean as i just faund out it`s TEA STAIN  ;D WITH MILK :-[

Kopuk

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 06:42:56 pm »
So........how do you clean tea stain 8)

*paul_moss

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 07:17:21 pm »
Chempec do spray and go
Prochem do  a Coffee stain remover.
Soultions do eco spotter.
There are loads of solutions to this problem however your biggest prob may be lack of experience.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Adam Young

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 08:29:33 pm »
Hi,

Blast it with Pre spray gold, or M power, agitate leave it for ten and then extract with water. No spotters needed.

Regards,

Adam.
NCCA Member 1630

*paul_moss

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 08:50:08 pm »
Adam
It is a tannin stain in a wool blend carpet. After using the cleaning agents you describe will remove the residue but may not remove the tannin stain left behind.There fore spotters may be needed, and further to that reducing agents may be needed if the spotters fail.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Adam Young

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 01:57:03 am »
Hi Paul,

Accepted, and I fully agree with you, if the stain was older. I have done a couple of these in pensioners houses recently and I have had no problems with them if you catch them soon enough, 2-3 days no prob, imo, 2 months later is a  different kettle (of tee or coffee). I went back to check one after a week as the old biddy's home help was a friend of mine and I had the oppertunity to pop in and have a look at it again. I find that the oap's in my area tend to have quality carpets in their homes and they also need treated as such. My earlier post did not state how long I spent extracting, but the results were good. I also use a Chemspec spotting kit + Soln no 3, which i find invaluable sometimes. recentlty I had a plate of prunes in juice, spilt 3 months ago on a 70% wool mix cream carpet. spotted it with CS juice and dye remover, agitated and it walked out on extraction. I was well chuffed.

I'm on a fast learning curve at the moment, and I rely on this forum for great information and help.

Cheers Paul,

Adam.

NCCA Member 1630

Kopuk

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 08:49:38 am »
  Thanks every one I wrote down the names of all the different stuf you posted me and I will see if I can buy those from my local cleaning supliers in Bath.

Thanks

lee_gundry

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 04:40:23 pm »
save your money & spend it on some training .

Lee G
cumbria