Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

SUPER-PAD CHARLY v DRY FUSION
« on: May 29, 2004, 12:07:07 am »
Has anyone used both sytems if so how do they compare?? I use the charly pad and get really good results.Never seen the dry fusion system in operation.

Len Gribble

Re: SUPER-PAD CHARLY v DRY FUSION
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 12:46:50 am »
Steve

I wish I could advice only seen the Tex system have ask/posted to see theses in operation no reply that says a lot!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek_Walker

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 01:51:42 am »
Hi Len

I should have a nice grimey restaurant carpet for you to play with in the next couple of weeks using Dry Fusion system. Will contact you soon.

Derek Walker.

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 10:06:23 am »
Thanks Derek

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 10:42:25 am »
Len

Is that the 'male' thanks or the version used by the 'fairer sex' as highlighted by John in another thread.

I use the phrase 'fairer sex' advisedly...I know which side of my bread is buttered!  ;)  ;D

The 'old' Derek

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 10:55:57 pm »
Derek D

When I say thanks its hand on the hip time you get away with murder!

I don’t think your that old and I don’t think you do ether, but if you do wife has a remedy will give too you next time I see you some thing like butterfly and a bee, before anyone jumps nothing to do with birds and bees.

You have to admit words within the cc set innuendos I blame the manufacture not that I’m smutty or any thing, but I would like to take time out and thank Derek Walker in showing me the operation of the DF system. In the near future.

Len

Derek

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 09:23:25 am »
Len

I know where you are coming from sunshine.... my 'old dutch' is a Scorpio...I have been duckin' and divin' the sting for years

Derek

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 01:56:36 am »
I got the Charley pads but cannot get them to stay on the machine. Nothing wrong with the grippers because the dry fusion pads work perfectly but no luck with the charly pads

Dynafoam

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 02:11:59 am »
Fintan,

Have you got them the right way up ?

The side that looks like carpet goes against the carpet.

Don't forget to give them a good soak before use.

John.

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004, 02:57:53 pm »
Fintan

You need to rock the machine backwards an forwards to settle onto the pad before using it, it should not be too dry only lightly ring out before use.

Best regards Nick

woodman

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 08:18:07 pm »

Can you use super pads with DF

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 11:49:28 pm »
If you remove any element of, or add to, the the Dry Fusion System, you will not be using Dry Fusion. You will be performing, for want of a better description, an expensive bonnet procedure. From what I've seen of the Charly pads, they appear to be quite substantial, so the passage of heat through them would be compromised. If there is any polypropylene in them or other synthetic with a low melting point, then they may melt.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004, 02:19:29 am »
Yes, right way up ,soaked them, rocked the machine , everything but no use.

Dynafoam

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 02:46:36 am »
Fintan,

Is this with astandard gripper disk or the Dry Fusion one?

I do not know the DK machine but the two types of pad are of diferent comstruction, perhaps the grippers are also (?).

John.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 08:50:02 pm »
John, this is with the standard Dry Fusion grippers. I have another standard speed floor machine with a different drive board for gripping hard floor pads, would probably work with the charly pads but I dont want to carry every machine with me on the van all of the time.

Dynafoam

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2004, 09:51:34 pm »
Fintan,

I know the feeling! Anyone who has seen inside the back of my van would know exactly what I mean.

I have never had a problem with standard gripper boards, so clearly the DF grippers are incompatable.

The use of the DF with heat would likely damage the Charly pads anyway.

John.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2004, 10:14:35 pm »
I've tried regular cotton pads on my D/F drive board, and they won't grip on either.

You could try contacting Columbus Dixon (sp?) to see if their regular drive plate would be compatible.

Safe and happy cleaning:)

eeeeEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWwwwwww

TT CleanBiker
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 11:01:15 pm »
Hi Guys

Ken you should not use the DF heater when using Supper Pads, far from being expensive the super pads are much more cost effective than standard bonnets,

Fintan, Having spoken to a number of Df users some suggestedthe grippers may be worn on the drive plate and can be replaced with new gripper, I don't know how old your machine is or the agew of the drive plate, the only other factor wouldbe the pads may be to dry however during our conversation earlier I was under the impression they have been well soaked.

Best regards Nick

des

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2004, 11:16:31 pm »
Hi all Ihave both the dry fusion and the charly pads and i have found that the dry fusion machine will not work with the charly pads so i use the chemstractor machine
des at mister clean

Phil Marlor

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 12:24:23 am »

I have tried Bonnett Buffing with different methods including Charly Pads and my conclusions are always the same, Bonnett Buffing is a waste of time.

I feel like I am cheating the customer if I dont use hot water extraction, I always think that Bonnett Buffing is is just moving the dirt around not actually removing it.

Its only my opinion but even when I see DF and Texatherm being demonstrated it looks like an overpriced bonnett buffing machine.

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

cleanmac

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2004, 01:38:53 am »
Phil
You are cordially invited to come and clean a piece of carpet in a comm. facility for me,only using hwe.

And whilst you are visiting me,I'll take you somewhere else.Now it will be a carpet that needs some maintenance. You will hwe ing and I will be using some type of bonnetbuff.After that we go to Specsavers to buy some aid to help us judge the difference.
We might need a referee to remind us of who did the respective sections,because remember it is a whole of two hours before your section is dry.

I will pay for your hours , a hotel,a round of golf at The Old Course,as much as you can drink and a minibus full of slappers,provided you deepclean the wife's oven when you are here .

With Sympathy

David

Phil Marlor

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 01:59:36 am »

David,

Sounds a terrific offer, always wanted to play St Andrews, would certainly test my 13 handicap and hopfully have enough energy for the mini bus full of young ladies after.

Seriously though, maybe I shouldnt comment, but my experience with BB results never seem to be that good and I just end up pulling out the HWE machine.

I would like to start BB nylon carpet tiles because this type of surface badly soiled I believe cannot be HWE cleaned. Next day it looks just as bad due to soil wicking back up.

I have a large office to clean this saturday, I want to use Charly pads but I just know I will HWE.

Perhaps its because I cant see where the soil is going.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

Mark Betts

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2004, 08:25:58 pm »
Phil

Will giv ya 2 shillings for your Charly pads when u give up.

Are u dunking them in a bucket?

Mark
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 01:15:17 am »
Phil use  the charley pads ive done 700sm this week with them and the results have been better and quicker than HWE. Its not just a case of a spray and buff with the pads, bonnett buffing really is for preventative maintainence 25% of the fibre charley pads do at least 50% and requires the same prep as a HWE job.

1st vacumme

2nd spot with number 3

3rd light mist pre-spray with number 2

4th use your soaked charley pad (soaked in no 2) just showing the pad the ringer (as Nick would say!!) chuck it on the floor and marvel at the results :o

there you go ( i may have got the numbers the wrong way round but you know what i mean)

I have found with synthetic loop pile tiles or carpeting it really works the best

i did have trouble with low  a profile cut pile carpet but i diddnt vac or prespray agitation properely,

i have another 1200sm to do at the end of the month if you want a demo that goes for Len and anyone else who wants a go or a look at the pads in action

Sorry Len you need a permit at the Kingston job im at and i couldnt get you a visitors or contractors permit for you, the next jobs at Teddington and has one of those blokes at the door (concierege?) but no clamping so i can get you in.

Phil give me a call if you want a chat 07780618094 but it is quite a straightfoward system 8)

espically if i can use it ;D

Regards Nick

Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Len Gribble

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 10:11:33 am »
Thanks Nick

see you soon

Len

Phil Marlor

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2004, 01:18:31 pm »
Mark,

2 Shillings, whats that then????

By the way I have your training certificate from the Chemspec Training day, shall I send or wait till we meet up again.

As well as the certificate I have a signed photo from Julie while in yours you have one signed by Steve.

Nick I will give you a ring soon, would like to meet you and Len and see the results you are getting on badly soiled synthetic type carpet tiles.

Dislocated my thumb yesterday evening during a Cricket match, took the batting glove off & thumb was all over the place, Doctors cant stop it popping back out so its strapped up at the moment, so all work is being pushed forward.

You dont realise the value of your right hand until you cant use it, ;) Mrs had to get me washed & dressed this morning.

Taken me about an hour to type this message.

Phil.
Stevenage, Herts

Mark Betts

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 02:55:38 pm »
Phil

Can u stick it in the post for us?

Are u sure the pic from Steve wasnt meant for  you?  :D

Will try and give u a bell tonight,

Have u booked tickets for the what van show thingy?  If not , DO IT !!!!  Will be good day out.

Cheers

Mark

PS.

Shame about your thunb, you will have to get Sue to pick your nose for you now haha
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!