This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

supernova77

Re: Does anybody have these ?
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 07:44:27 pm »
Just had a look on eBay.

You can get the 3.8M version for £99.95. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-8-METRE-PORTABLE-TELESCOPIC-LADDER-12-5-FT_W0QQitemZ170042508443

Andy

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 07:47:54 pm »
Its not a site im affraid , its one of my customers who owns a tool shop , and its one of his suppliers who is offering them at the cut price .

Rich   P @ F

Hi Rich.
Just re-read this thread.
Hope I'm not putting anyone off from the 3.2metre version.  That's not my intention.  I'm sure that they are fine on standard ceiling height properties where flat roof access is required.
I've found the telestep ladders generally are a good concept for certain types of access.  With the increase in WFP usage in the industry, many window cleaners are needing larger vans.  Unfortunately, with the necessary increase in weight carrying capacity and longer vans, we seem to have higher vans forced on us too.  This makes ladder usage a real pain at times so the telestep idea is great.
I wish someone did a van that has good length, high payload, and a lowish height but they are thin on the ground (no pun intended  ;D  ).  

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 07:59:37 pm »
Shiner , as you said , the 3.2 version is that little bit short for upper windows and the like , but i have checked out the heights of all the stuff i will need it for and its ideal for what i need , plus there is nothing worse than having to get the ladders off the van roof just to get over a back wall .

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 08:01:04 pm »
Just had a look on eBay.

You can get the 3.8M version for £99.95. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-8-METRE-PORTABLE-TELESCOPIC-LADDER-12-5-FT_W0QQitemZ170042508443

Andy

Andy.
Please note the maximum weight in that ebay ad of 235 lbs (16st 11 lbs) .
The more expensive ones can take  150 kilos (330 lbs)
235 lbs will be fine for most people though.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 08:05:29 pm »
Shiner , as you said , the 3.2 version is that little bit short for upper windows and the like , but i have checked out the heights of all the stuff i will need it for and its ideal for what i need , plus there is nothing worse than having to get the ladders off the van roof just to get over a back wall .

Rich   P @ F

Having used this type of ladder before, I felt that although it was a great ladder for access to flat roofs etc., I personally would not feel comfortable using it as a normal window cleaning ladder - i.e. for climbing up to windows and squeegeeing them while standing on it - and that's the 3.8 mtr version.  It's hard to explain but it just didn't feel right for me.  However, it is an excellent add-on to a WFP kit IMO.

poleman

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 08:08:11 pm »

john tomkins

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 08:20:22 pm »
I'm assuming there are a "all or nothing" size as in they extend to 3.2m full stop so if you want less then you are stumped....correct?

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 08:45:39 pm »
hi i would be interested in a set. where are you located?

P @ F

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 08:53:54 pm »
Jon T , you can open up every rung separately so that gives you all you need !

Tartan , i am in plymouth , if you are interested in a set then im sure i can speak to my wfp supplier who can get next day delivery for £10~£15 on the mainland  .

Rich   P @ F

Paul Coleman

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 09:04:42 pm »
I'm assuming there are a "all or nothing" size as in they extend to 3.2m full stop so if you want less then you are stumped....correct?

Not correct.  You can open them up from the bottom and leave higher rungs unopened.

Majestic

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 09:37:19 pm »
My local ladder centre sell them

http://www.laddercentre.com/special-ladders.php

Jon T.C.

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2006, 11:18:49 pm »
Jon T , you can open up every rung separately so that gives you all you need !

Tartan , i am in plymouth , if you are interested in a set then im sure i can speak to my wfp supplier who can get next day delivery for £10~£15 on the mainland  .

Rich   P @ F

Is that Mike at Varitech ?
Elite Cleaning Solutions

cybersye

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2006, 08:36:02 am »
I bought an "extend and climb" 3.8 from my local covers building supplier for £149.
I dont know about other brands but the extend and climb has safety stops so if used correctly is virtually impossible to crush your fingers when closing it (the section you close only closes part way leaving a 2 " gap that closes when you close the next section etc.)
A year and a half old and a useful bit of kit especially cleaning the back of small terrace houses with narrow hallways, would'nt be without it.
Simon

P @ F

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2006, 09:12:08 am »
Jon TC , that is Varitech , yes

Rich   P @F

supernova77

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 09:29:13 am »
The best company for ladders I have ever found is Midland Ladder Co Ltd.

I just checked their website and they sell the 3.2M version for £99, and the 3.8M version for £143... These prices include VAT and delivery!

Also... The weight limit on both of them is 150kg (23.5 stone).

Here is the link >> http://www.midlandladders.net/10060/info.php?p=17&pno=0

Andy

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2006, 10:22:33 am »
Look all right to me go for them!

Jon T.C.

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2006, 07:39:58 pm »
Jon TC , that is Varitech , yes

Rich   P @F

Did you get a price Rich ?
Elite Cleaning Solutions

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2006, 08:25:50 pm »
Hi Jon TC , spoke to him today and he can only get the 3.2 for some reason , hes gonna do a bit if digging , i will let you know when i do !

Rich   P @ F