Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetguy

Re: How much for a suite?
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2006, 04:46:17 pm »
I don't think you could regard £50 as a splash n dash price.....they are half that price.

robbie

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2006, 06:04:30 pm »

Here you go Bill, I'm sure your company qualifies at those prices. ;D

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/first.asp

If you are paying your man well then you are making no profit and if you ain't, how long before he sets up for himself? On the other hand, he could be real stupid, and you are taking advantage. But hey there's one born every minute I spose. ;D 

Cloverleaf

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2006, 09:19:40 pm »
Update:

the company  that initially did the quote was for the suite £300 and a small kitchen carpet polyprop + 1 sq yd of hall = £70. Kitchen and hall took 20 mins.

Good if you can get it!

The retired lady felt totally ripped off by the quote. They took a 10% deposit of £37 and when she asked for a refund, they said we'll get back to you on that (not)! :o

Fast Track leaflets and advertising etc.

In comparison, I'v just had a crown fitted for £280, of the dental type  ;D

John

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2006, 01:37:48 pm »
I have just had an "Homeclean" leaflet through my door and they state £17 a seat

Carpets  £34 lounge
through lounge £42
stairs/ landing £38
bedroom £30

All these prices are supposedly half price

Dave

cleantime services

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2006, 12:35:03 pm »
Our machines clean suites from £15 including detergents etc. No complaints and always busy.
CARPET CLEANING HIRE MACHINES FROM £15 PER DAY, INCLUDING DETERGENT ETC. DELIVERY/COLLECTION £10.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2006, 06:57:53 pm »
wow i am chargeing way to little at 35 pounds for a full suite ! it takes me 3 hours to do it   :'( i must move to a better place to get more money from this job

and befour you lot have ago ive been cleanoing for 15 years now and i am not a fly buy night  :( just if i started to quote anything over this i would end up with no work

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2006, 07:01:44 pm »

some people just don't have the same overheads, maybe no mortgage, no family or commitments or credit, it doesn't make them a moron with a porty who doesn't know what he's doing!

regards
steve

So you must only earn what you need?
99% who charge £40.00 for a 3 piece suite do a crap job, FACT!

Phil

not true my friend , maybe its down to how big your market is and what all the others are working for . haveing been cleaning myself for 15years and my farther 10 years befour that i guess i shoulf know what i am doing , just the market here where i am wont let me charge any more  :(

dave401uk

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2006, 07:50:18 pm »
1st clean, just out of interest, where abouts do you work, as for the market wont tolerate a decent price for a suite clean,.....if they bought a suite from DFS, in Chelsea it would cost X if they bought it near to you it would cost X, the likes of DFS etc don't have a regional pricing policy, i my self wont touch a suite for less than £140, Some wont pay that amount, but a lot do! for 3 plus hrs work, its fair

Dave                             
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2006, 08:28:48 pm »
1st clean, just out of interest, where abouts do you work, as for the market wont tolerate a decent price for a suite clean,.....if they bought a suite from DFS, in Chelsea it would cost X if they bought it near to you it would cost X, the likes of DFS etc don't have a regional pricing policy, i my self wont touch a suite for less than £140, Some wont pay that amount, but a lot do! for 3 plus hrs work, its fair

Dave                             

very true mate i see what your saying and your spot on

but working round clevland theres not alot of money around ,but maybe its me sitiing back in my comfort zone and stopping with what i know , just think its wrong to knock people for chargeing less then others must be a man thing !  lol  susan  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2006, 09:00:04 pm »
Susan I used to charge £35 a suite with the metality of knowone will pay more, you will be surprised, I charge £135 now and I'm going to put it up again.

Go out and visit customers and tell them how good you cleanand inch it up £15-20 at first.

You'll get more customers because you have visited them, they like to know who they are dealing with.

If price shoppers call just say your prices are from £25-65 (or something like that) £25 smallest invoice charge, and then if you don't charge them £65 as they may be expecting it and go say £55 you'll get most and then a carpet in the lounge should get you even more!

Shaun

PS if you do the same things expect to get the same results.

rich hand

« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2006, 09:25:55 pm »
Over the phone £95 is often the top price for a suite, I started at £75 but quickly put it up. If I visit I get 110/115. Ive just put this up to £125 and will see how I go. I believe £145 is about right however. 

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2006, 09:31:09 pm »
Customers perception of upholstery cleaning is poor, but you can clean 3 carpets (at a better rate) at least to 1 3pc.

Rich if you get £145 approx. for a 3pc what do you get for carpets?

Shaun

rich hand

« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2006, 09:52:21 pm »
Shaun as yet I dont get £145 for a suite, but hopefully £125. For carpets I get £2/m on average and £2/step equating to 39/49 for a common lounge and 59/65 for a thru lounge. I make sure it all adds up to £50/h anyway.

AS a side note I am realising that a leather suite can provide atleast £95 and maybe more if you can sell conditioner seperately and with the Strong cleaner from Ltt leather is easy.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2006, 10:01:00 pm »
I'm sure that LTT's cleaners are very good but I can recommend www.furnitureclinic.co.uk they are cheaper for may be the same stuff.

Perhaps look for the tel.no. and speak to Ben.

Other things to consider are a scotchguard style of protection cream that does repel most stains just rub in, and if the leather is dull a gloss or matt finish- all add ons.

Shaun

fletch

« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2006, 10:06:58 pm »
I did my first leather suite today  :) charged the guy £65 and took me 1hr 40mins.
Used Furniture Clinic products and it was very straight-forward to do.
DIVIDE & CONQUER

rich hand

« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2006, 10:22:14 pm »
Are furniture clinics cleaners similar to Ltt in that you only have to rub gently? In contrast prochems leather cleaner needs loads of elbow grease.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2006, 10:27:50 pm »
I'm being cautious with what I put, but I believe that they are 1 of the best, I have used quite a few cleaners bought and given to me of the years and I believe that they are

1. good products
2. good back up

I'm sure Judy at LTT offers the same but Ben's are cheaper, and I like the advice that he freely gives. IMO.

Shaun

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2006, 12:47:50 am »
Surely I can't be the most expensive on here??
I charge £40 per seating unit for exhaustive cleaning and £60 to include stain protection.
That's £200 - £300 for a three piece suite. I never drop below that and clients keep coming back.
Same for carpets, £5+ per M sq. for exhaustive cleaning and £7.50 per M sq. to include stain protection.

If you really know what your doing then don't be afraid to market yourself toward more affluent clients! If you dont then the likes of Chemdry will...

Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

*paul_moss

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2006, 07:10:32 pm »
Im £135 for a  cloth suite and £150 for leather.I get loads of them and in Jan cloth is going up to £150.
3 years ago I used o do suites for £50 and some thought I was too expensive  :o,its about finding the right customers and changing your mind set
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

rich hand

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2006, 08:12:46 pm »
Surely I can't be the most expensive on here??
I charge £40 per seating unit for exhaustive cleaning and £60 to include stain protection.
That's £200 - £300 for a three piece suite. I never drop below that and clients keep coming back.
Same for carpets, £5+ per M sq. for exhaustive cleaning and £7.50 per M sq. to include stain protection.

If you really know what your doing then don't be afraid to market yourself toward more affluent clients! If you dont then the likes of Chemdry will...

Alan

And to think that I got bollocked the other day for charging £39 for stairs and landing that took me 40 minutes!  ;D