This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

I received this e-mail today from someone whose a bit shy I think:

I'm a member of the Cleanitup forum (GQC Window Cleaning) but I was wondering if you could check out my leaflet, and maybe give some good tips, I've been using this one for a while now, customers seem to like it, but I thought it never hurts to get it checked out, maybe a slight adjustment here and there, or just a I like it.

I've been in business since July, very hard to get customers, because there are so many window cleaners around here.

Kind regards and many thanks,

TvD

Here's the wording of his leaflet; it's professionally laid out, but I don't know how it'll look when I post it here:

“Quality window cleaning and
Great customer service”

Would you like your windows to be professionally cleaned? Do you yearn to see the sunshine yet again through your windows?

We offer a professional solution for your window cleaning needs, whether that is inside or out. We also do a gutter cleaning service.

 Free No Obligation Quotes
 Inside and out window cleaning
 Gutter Cleaning
 Fully Insured
 Reasonable Costs
 Cleaning Frequency can be anything you like, from one-off cleans, Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly, or bi-Annually

I've deleted his home address and his mobile number.  He didn't have a landline.

craig jwc

If it's getting him work then don't alter it.

Where i live leaflets didn't work and found the best way to get customers was to go door knocking. The ones that weren't in i left a leaflet.

I myself would change it, but that's my own personal choice of what info i would put.

If he has a landline i would add that. The more contact info you give i think gives the person reading it a bit more trust in who they are dealing with.

Craig

pjulk

Reliable regular window cleaning i think needs to be on leaflets

EasyClean

I personally wouldn't bullet mark frequency of cleans as 'anything you like'! I would sell 1. Reliability 2 Regularity 3. Fully insured 4.Trustworthy. 5. Landline Tel no. because potential customers would rather phone an alternative, cheaper tel number and also mobile phone numbered companies have a dodgy reputation for doing a moonlight flick- Get a landline to give your customers a sense of security!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

[GQC] Tim

Haha, hey I'm not shy, just didn't want just anyone copy - past the leaflet into their own design, not to mention logo idea's *ahem oh well here goes! ;D

Anyway, keep the idea's coming guys, I really do appreciate it, it might be a bit swallowing your pride sometimes but hey, if it gets customers, makes me happy. :)

Problem is, I live with my parents, so I don't think putting my land line there is such a good idea, I'm not sure if I can get a separate line for my room. But I will put it on there now.

Btw, I'm definitely a door knocker, just for the not homes you know.

Edit : How this one looking? Slightly modified. It's got my address on it aswell, but not on this one.

tatman

I personally only offer 4 weekly cleans or 8 weekly if is a good number. Anyone who doesnt want a regular clean i wouldnt bother with. ;D

jeff1

Just my opinion

I would remove the word Great from customer service and replace it will excellent,
also I would remove the word cost and replace it with rates.

[GQC] Tim

Thanks mate, as you could have probably guessed, I'm not English, but Dutch, although my English is good, you just don't get the 'feeling' if some words are better then others, so I very much appreciate it.

JM123

GQC that looks really good, unfortunately, leaflets tend to be ignored - the flip side of the coin is that the leaflets may lie in a drawer for months before being rediscovered perhaps when the homeowner is looking for a window cleaner.  Stick with it and use any means you can of getting the customers. 

Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

[GQC] Tim

I will definitely, thanks for the kind words. I mark every street on my map when I've canvassed there, so I do my neighborhood systematically.  :)

stevef

wording is very much a personal choice,you will fined you will want to change it every now and then as your business grows.and develops so dont print too many at once I have a box full now out of date. once you are pleased with it get it in the parish or local advertising mag

Good luck

Haha, hey I'm not shy, just didn't want just anyone copy - past the leaflet into their own design, not to mention logo idea's *ahem oh well here goes! ;D

GQC, in his original e-mail said he 'wanted a pro like me to cast an eye over his leaflet', but I deleted that bit, 'cos you 'orrible lot would've took the mick!

It made me laugh though. ;D

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Aw, I thought He was ONLY refering to ME!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Aw, I thought He was ONLY refering to ME!!

David

Darn, has GQC been whoring his compliments on other members here? ;D

Sorry GQC, I'm only having a bit of fun!  Thanks for the compliment, mate.

MNWC

GQC.
Maybe say that you clean windows,doors,frames & sills.
Alot of window cleaners dont clean frames & sills !

All the best
Marcus

PS. where are you based ?

[GQC] Tim

Haha, that's allright Tosh :D Well compared to me you are pretty much a pro  :)

I'm south of Guildford.

EasyClean

Anyway, keep the idea's coming guys, I really do appreciate it, it might be a bit swallowing your pride sometimes but hey, if it gets customers, makes me happy. :)

Problem is, I live with my parents, so I don't think putting my land line there is such a good idea, I'm not sure if I can get a separate line for my room. But I will put it on there now.

Btw, I'm definitely a door knocker, just for the not homes you know.

Edit : How this one looking? Slightly modified. It's got my address on it aswell, but not on this one.
I see on your leaflet design you mention that you do a 'Bi-annual' clean (2years) thats a bit too long between regular cleans for my liking! I'm sure you mean't to type 'bi-monthly'. I just hope you haven't had a large number printed off. Attention to detail reflects on yourself!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

RO-Sheen

Bi-annually means twice yearly
Formerly known as GARGAAX

S_RICHARDSON

Theres nothing wrong with it in my opinion mate, if it picks you up work then it must be ok. right?  !!

Helen

If it's working, stick with it! Just from experience the description of costs......"reasonable". Reasonable will be judged differently by each individual customer, how about competitive rates.
Just use the wording regular cleaning. when you are asked to quote you can then ask the customer what regularity they want and judge your price on that.