Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

chemdry
« on: May 14, 2004, 01:31:25 am »
Just wandering, any Chemdry franchisees looking in?

Just pondering, nothing negative just wandered what you thought of us one man bands.

Looking back in my posts you'll find I'm a great fan of CD although I'm not a franchisee.

Shaun

nick_brown

Re: chemdry
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 10:05:40 am »
Morning, HN Chem Dry Cheltenham  here, look in but dont post much what did you want to know?
Cheers Nick Brown ;) ;)
quality always costs more

Jim_Lynch

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 01:40:20 pm »
G'day Shaun....I'm in Brisbane, OZ.

I, and most CD owners, are also one-man-bands, so we are no different to you and other independents.

Contrary to some peoples' perceptions, most of us have only one head  :P

G'day Nick...hope you are well  :)

Jim

Jim Lynch
ChemDry Supreme
Brisbane,Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 10:25:13 pm »
Hello Gentlemen, I saw a video presentation of the cd rx20 power head ( I don't know what cd call it ) just wondered if you use it domestically and if it dries carpets quickly as the 1-2 hours that cd are famous for?

Shaun

nick_brown

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 12:10:52 am »
Good Evening, yes used correctly the powerhead will get  a drying time of 30/60 minutes combined with the Carbonating solutions and spending time to extract correctly, we use it on all jobs,it saves what is left of my back and my technicians!
Cheers nick ::)
quality always costs more

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 03:24:17 pm »
Do you sometimes get 'swirl marks' and are they easily brushed out?

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 07:22:18 pm »
I have a lot of respect for C/D but I just wish they would wave back to me when  I pass them in the van!

so i'd like to send Universal, Charlie, R & J , Wickseys, And Simply chemdry a big Kiss :-* :-* :-*

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Robert_O

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2004, 12:17:37 am »
Hi all

I think that several years ago there used to be  a sort of them and us scenario with independants and Chemdry franchises.

I feel that this has largly dissappeared now and the thoughts of Chemdry operators having a second head are not so prevalent now. Third nipple maybe!!! :-X ;D ;)

But seriously I think that Chemdry has done a great deal in raising both awareness of professional carpet cleaning and implimenting good pricing policies. They certainly made me realise that I can set my charges at a better level.

One of the main issues I had with Chemdry was when  their advertising seemed to knock other systems, which I felt did not do the industry as a whole any favours. I am pleased to see that this has (as far as I am aware) been largely curtailed now.

I for one would let any Chemdry operator buy me a pint any time!!! ;D ;)

Keep up the good work Chemdry!

Regards

Robert

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 02:57:53 pm »
I like how Chemdry conduct their business, there advertising is thoughtful and gives the customer what they want to hear, they have a clear brand recognition programme that they fearlessly look after I have had thoughts of becoming a franchisee as I think there are some very good benefits ie insurance work and the brand name which helps sell itself. Looking on other bb they are even truckmounted in the US.

Shaun

Only thing that puts me off is the £300 a month you have to pay in royalties

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 10:46:44 pm »
I know a couple of CD franchisees salt of the earth for the rest forget it even the Queen has spoken too me but they wont! Yes Robert CD has done a lot for our industry by there extremely high prices!

Shaun if you are considering buying into this or any franchise system do you home work first are you buy into cc or fire/flood which is different, also look at post codes and where you live! The list is endless, TM’s in the US is this change of tactics for them, what happened to the soda stream system but we are 10years behind them!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

The Great One

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2004, 11:12:53 pm »
Hi
Not seen  too much of Chemdry but did come across a flyer of theirs saying that they don't use steam or wet the carpet...

On the flyer was a technician using a steameasy pro!

Hmmm...

Regards

Martin 8)

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2004, 12:47:17 am »
Martin

I note you are in the south east more or less where I live; I have yet to see a flyer from CD or been apprised of such! Any chance of you e-mailing me of the flyer?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John_Flynn

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 12:03:04 am »
Shaun, when you told me you were a fan of CD, I'm sure you didn't mean Chemdry ??? ??? ???
I get better looking each day!!