Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

karlosdaze

Re: www.findmeawindowcleaner.co.uk site is now wor
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2003, 11:40:30 pm »
I'd like to get involved, but I'm not a member!

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2003, 09:07:27 pm »
I really do have to try and stay neutral here but you have to laugh dont you ::)

STEVE71163

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2003, 10:17:32 pm »
Its like who shot JR  ;D ::)

Everyone is tuning in to see the next bit ;)

I am showing my age now :-[

Steve Lowe

karlosdaze

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2003, 12:58:30 am »
Karl,

I think European Membership would be a good thing, good for the Fed also.  I also do not know the details of the previous Fed applicants or the outcome, and was surprised to read what was posted.  

Martin,
If your in the fed, can't you get access to that information, and find out the outcome? Or is that information top secret? Are you likely to loose a few fingers for attempting this mission? This message will destruct in 5 seconds..................................... :P

Andrew

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2003, 06:28:02 pm »
Woah........!!!!  I am not attacking your personal integrity & honesty, I am just trying to establish fact for the benefit of any who wish to join this debate.  Why the hostility ?? Surely the way foward on this issue is through the correct channels at the Federation, not name calling on an email group.  My identity is immaterial, I am not hiding behind any cloak, nor am I insecure enough to need any prestige awarded as such, if any don't take me seriously because of this, then so be it. I do respect many of your proposals but we're not going to get anywhere if tempers are raised and it all becomes a personal issue.

I am not attacking your personal integrity & honesty, I am just trying to establish fact for … any who wish to join this debate.  

That’s the sum total of your ethicacy then is it? Despite having the facts available to you, you are quite happy to pretend other wise and bring some body else’s reputation into question, just so you that you can enjoy a debate?

Surely the way to have helped establish "the fact", for those who wished to join the “debate”, would have been for you to clearly and unambiguously state, in writing,  that the extracts of the minutes I quoted were a true and accurate record of past decisions that the Fed had made with respect to overseas membership!  As neither you, or the other Executive Committee members, who contribute to this Forum,  seem willing, or appear to intend,  to be open and honest on this issue, I will endeaveour to do the job for you.  

In due course I will send photo-copies of the minutes in question to Karl, so he can see the measure of Federation disrespect toward him for himself.  I am also here offering to send photo-copies of the same to this Forum owner, the moderator, and other senior members of the Forum who have contributed to this discussion.

In your previous posting you indirectly raised a question about the accuracy of information I posted.  Information you have access to yourself, if not a personal recollection of, and a personal involvement with.  I had already established, “the fact”, something that you and other members of the Executive Committee had ample opportunity to do previously! I therefore repeat:

When "Fed Man" writes, "Assuming this is a true and accurate record" there speaks a man who has been given a copy of the minutes for every meeting he has ever been to.  Presumably as a responsible member of the Executive Committee he files the minutes in his Federation work portfolio for future reference.  Even if he cant be bothered doing that, as i can well imagine, he still has access to copies of minutes stored elsewhere!  

(continued in my next posting)

Andrew from Edu-Clean

Andrew

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2003, 06:47:56 pm »
(continued from previous posting)

Woah........!!!!  I am not attacking your personal integrity & honesty, I am just trying to establish fact for the benefit of any who wish to join this debate.  Why the hostility ?? Surely the way foward on this issue is through the correct channels at the Federation, not name calling on an email group.  My identity is immaterial, I am not hiding behind any cloak, nor am I insecure enough to need any prestige awarded as such, if any don't take me seriously because of this, then so be it. I do respect many of your proposals but we're not going to get anywhere if tempers are raised and it all becomes a personal issue.

Why the hostility ??

Two reasons:

1/Because I care about the Federation and the way others perceive it.  The prospective member in question knows he’s getting the “brush off”. I do, and you do! Its one thing to imagine it going on privately, in the boardroom at Summerfield. Its quite another to see it happening before your face in an email forum.

2/I care about decisions I helped to formulate whilst a member of the Executive Committee. I’m hostile to the fact, and angry that lots of time was spent on them, that they were formally agreed, but that after my removal from the Executive Committee, you brush them under the carpet, come on here and suggest such events never happened!

Surely the way foward on this issue is through the correct channels at the Federation, not name calling on an email group.  

Aren’t you forgetting that you and your fellow committee members unanimously voted to remove me from having a voice in that “channel”?  Be assured, as someone with a proven passion for the industry, and the people in it, if I cant voice myself on one soap box, I will, if I feel there is a need to, use any other that’s available. In any case I want the prospective member to know, and other sympathetic to his situation, that  I personally worked hard on behalf of prospective over seas members, whilst with the Fed, and that the indignity he has suffered, in recent times, is the fault of the present Executive Committee, not me.

The Federation in fact is not anything like the  “correct channel” for the majority of UK window cleaners and is probably not for the majority of Forum members here.  There are an estimated 85,000 window cleaners in the UK, and only around 2,400 Fed members.  I’m pretty sure most of that 85,000 would find your idea of the Fed, as the “correct channel” for debate and discussion, as an expression of fanciful Federation arrogance – perhaps even a thinly veiled attempt at censorship!  

not name calling on an email group.  

I didn’t realise I was!

Looking at the postings in this Forum, in chronological order, its clear that for many  Forum members the Federation already had a bad name, a poor reputation - long before I made my first contribution.  Is it not the Federation’s unwillingness, on the Forum, to admit faults and failings, the thing that’s damaging the Fed’s reputation the most?

None of the Fed related threads on this Forum were initiated by me.  Any comments I have made, were expressed in response to other postings, either to help substantiate or refute comments made about the Federation by others, or in reply to questions specifically asked of me.  

My identity is immaterial,I am not hiding behind any cloak, nor am I insecure enough to need any prestige awarded as such, if any don't take me seriously because of this, then so be it.

Your choice, but I am disappointed that, as an appointed Fed officer,  you intend to continue a stance which for some detracts from the seriousness of your’ position.  Do you not think that if people took you more seriously you might be able to accomplish more?

I never mentioned, “a cloak” or, insecurity! A Freudian slip perhaps!

I do respect many of your proposals

That’s very kind of you!  :) I would love to know which of my proposals you voted to throw me out for, and which ones you would have like to have kept me for.  Any chance of a list?

but we're not going to get anywhere if tempers are raised and it all becomes a personal issue.

A nice platitude – but sorry – I expect representatives of my trade association to behave, especially one in which I have worked so hard.  Readers should note that my comments are indeed very personal!! ! I expect you, Fedman, to go away and put matters right.  I expect a committee member to make comments in such a forum as this that are not misleading.  At the very least I expect them to check on their facts before they comment, and not choose bringing somebody else into disrepute as the favoured option instead!!.

The_Fed_Man

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2003, 07:49:12 pm »
Ok, lets get this straight.

I was not on the committee from March 99 to March 00 when the aforementioned overseas membership proposal was taking place. I joined the Committee through your recommendation and invitation in October 01.
Karl contacted me earlier in the year regarding overseas membership and I suggested he write the General Secretary which he did.  I also followed this up at the July meeting where it was agreed to offer Corporate membership @ £100 + Window Talk & use of logo.  I personally emailed Karl after this to let him know.  If Karl wishes me to persue this further, I will.

Aren’t you forgetting that you and your fellow committee members unanimously voted to remove me from having a voice in that “channel”?  
Andrew, you know I wasn't at that particular meeting, nor did I vote on it! You also know my feelings on it!

Although there are only 2400 members out of the UK's 85000, compare this to the IWCA's 650 proffessional in the whole of the USA!

I was hoping to pick up some feedback regarding the Fed by staying anonymous.  No deception intended, no double agent! Just keeping my ear to the ground!

Martin Warman

Martin Warman
Executive Council Member N.F.M.W & G.C.
www.nfmwgc.com

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2003, 08:58:03 pm »
;)Martin,you are correct in what you just said! :P certain people are just cleaver with words! :P and
as for the great IWCA they are not interested in the
Fed!I have seen it for myself,they treat you like ****

pointless I will let you know what IWCA stands for! :o
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2003, 09:35:41 pm »
Hi

This may be a salient time to mention a proposal we have put to some of the members involved in this particular topic.

Since we launched this Forum in late July we have had many positive comments from members who have benefited from it (including representatives of the Federation)

This isn't the only cleaning forum around but it has attracted a lot new and experienced people from within the industry in the few months it has been going.
Despite, this initial success we're obviously keen to develop it so that people keep coming back and contributing to it and it doesnt become 'stale' with the same topics being discussed time and again.

How does the Federation, and its members, feel about developing a seperate section on this Forum exclusively for Federation members. This would be an area that is used solely for specific Federation topics (such as European membership, for example).

There is no doubt that the industry needs the Federation and we all know that running anything by committee is often easier said than done. Isn't one of the biggest problems for organisations like this the lack of input from general members - those that complain about things but dont get actively involved changing them? It's own section of the Forum would give these members the ability to get more involved in Federation policy by simply logging on and having their say rather than having to attend meetings or wade through pages of minutes. It would only work, however, if it was actively promoted by the Federation itself.

Somehow, I now suspect that Karl will get his membership sooner rather than later because other members have, or will, get involved. It won't get 'overlooked' because the issue has been so public.

Isn't that a good thing for all those involved?

So, if we all agree that the Federation would achieve more if more members got involved, the questions are:

1) Would a Federation members area on this site be the place for these discussions?

2) What do YOU, the Federation members think

3) What does the committee think? Would it genuinely and enthusiastically promote it to its members

I look forward to your comments

Mike Boxall

The_Fed_Man

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2003, 09:55:01 pm »
Hi Mike,

As you know I think it's a good idea.  I can think of one 'would be' committee member who would make a good moderator, it may also cut the red tape involved with enquiries to the Fed or complaints.
General access would be required rather than exclusive access otherwise you could run the risk of alienating some prospective members. Personally I can't see a problem apart from advertisers using the member list for their own means.  Yes I would actively promote it.

BTW, Karl has been offered Corporate membership but he doesn't like the price. (can't say I blame him)

Martin Warman
Executive Council Member
N.F.M.W&G.C.
Martin Warman
www.nfmwgc.com

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2003, 11:04:46 pm »
;)yes Mike I think its a good idea to! :) but at the moment there is only 3 of us from the board,myself
Martin and Brian dolby chairman,I do not have lots of time,I have promotion work coming up with Guinness
Book later this week for example! ;)but it is a very good idea :) it does depend on how much time Fed Board can give,as you are aware I do try to answer,but are off for days at a time,sorry for that! :-/ this is the forum for
window cleaners and will be the main one! :D your members are growing ;)very nice to see,I would say one thing,all interested in the Fed,please write in to the office,or please we would like to see you at the trade
show next year April,friday night is our AGM MEMBERS ONLY ;) BY THE WAY I LIKE A BLACK RUSSIAN PLEASE! :D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

karlosdaze

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2003, 11:17:17 pm »
Ok, lets get this straight.

I also followed this up at the July meeting where it was agreed to offer Corporate membership @ £100 + Window Talk & use of logo.  I personally emailed Karl after this to let him know.  If Karl wishes me to persue this further, I will.

I'm sorry Martin, I didn't know who was the official voice of the body when you sent me that email. Thats why I asked if I should chase it up, and you agreed-which I did, and may I add with no reply. This was the previous reply:-
We have discussed this at previous Management meetings, and as Martin
explained, the outcome of this is; as we are a National Trade Association -
the benefits are only applicable to Great Britain.  We agreed therefore, to
offer subscription to our Quarterly trade journal "Window Talk" at a cost
of ?50 sterling.
However, some of the most relevant pages of the magazine can be viewed FOC
on our website with Acrobat Reader - this is amended quarterly and the next
update is due early July.
Have you contacted the International Window Cleaning Association (IWCA)
7801 Suffolk Court Alexandria, VA 22915-4029 USA -iwca@aol.com
1-800-875-iwca or 703-971-7771  Executive Director Jack Pitzer
www.iwca.org

So when you stated:-
"At our last committee meeting I bought up your case for joining and it appears that it should be possible to allow you Corporate Membership at £100 Sterling, (assuming your turnover is not more than £100K), use of the logo and Window Talk"
I got a little suspicious! As you can imagine, it's like think of a number and double it, see where I'm coming from? By the way, with "corporate" membership do I get a crown or something? I love dressed up words, but what does "corporate" actually mean? As far as I'm concerned it just means united in a group, which is what you get with normal membership.
Yes please, pursue this further!!
BTW, Karl has been offered Corporate membership but he doesn't like the price. (can't say I blame him)
Well I'm glad the NFMW and myself agree on something.

My proprosition:- For the normal price of 45 pounds, I'll agree to promote the federation abroad with stickers, adverts in a foreign country with an English population rising to 3 million during peak season. Much cheaper than "yellow pages", and I promise to have my van driven around the resort at least 5 days a week, excluding public holidays and fiestas. All I ask is for the magazine to be delivered at your cost, the I.D. card, and I will pay the extra postage on all items from the "discounted equipment". I also expect that you will give me use of the logo to promote the federation, and will send me these stickers free of charge for the benefit of the federation, and for the unusually long delay I've had in requiring access(that'll cost you an extra 12p).
Failing that, let's barter ;D

I will let you know what IWCA stands for!  (Terry_Burrows)
I'm dying to know, the mind boggles. Is this classed as "pre-name calling?"

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2003, 11:30:38 pm »
;)lets just say Karl I have renamed it,but I did this back
some 4 years ago! :D you have to go there to find out! :P ;) :D 8)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2003, 11:58:45 pm »
General access would be required rather than exclusive access otherwise you could run the risk of alienating some prospective members. ....advertisers using the member list for their own means

Hi Martin, the forum is already being used to discuss the Fed and I'm sure will continue regardless of any further developments here or not. What I was suggesting is that the Fed use it to discuss and develop policies between thier own members. From what I can gather one of the delays for Karl was due to the fact that the committee was waiting for someone to provide an alternative application form to Andrews but no-one provided it (please correct me if I'm wrong!). Now I dont know how many of your members knew that you wanted someone else to come up with one but I'm guessing there werent many. If a request like that was put online I'm positive one of your members would have done something about it and you would soon be a little further forward than you are now.
I really dont think you would alienate potential members, in fact, I'm sure you would encourage more to join if they knew they could easily get involved in moving the industry forward.
General questions about the Fed and what it achieves could still be posted on the existing section of the site with an invitation to join.

As far advertisers using member lists goes, I can assure you that it just wouldnt happen! There are no advertisers other than ourselves and we would  guarantee your members privacy!

Regards

Mike

The_Fed_Man

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2003, 01:07:36 am »
Hello Karl,

I like a bargainer. Sounds like a good idea to me, I would have no problem with it.  (If I can swing it, can we stay in your house for 2 weeks next Aug/Sept? ;D)

Seriously, with most of the safety standards being European I think European Membership would be a pro active thing.  Do you know of a European Association or email group we can lobby for additional members?

Mike,

The application form Andrew produced was 2 years prior to Karl's application.  With regard to advertisers getting the membership list, I got on here anonymously enough ;D so could anyone else, even with the motive of selling the information.  I think your anonymous member rule would need revising.
Yes I think the publicity will do Karl's application good, but i would have followed it up at his request anyway.

Martin Warman
Executive Council Member
N.F.M.W& G.C.
Martin Warman
www.nfmwgc.com

The_Fed_Man

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2003, 01:36:49 am »
Karl,

Sorry forgot to answer your other question- Coporate Membership.  The reason you are being offered this is because the all the Full Member benefits are not available abroad, so Corporate is a form of limited membership, usually offered to ' a person, partner in a firm or member of a limited company trading with or supplying goods or services to Members' (quote the rule book)

Were you told this already?

Martin Warman
Executive Council Member
N.F.M.W& G.C.
Martin Warman
www.nfmwgc.com

karlosdaze

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2003, 01:38:55 am »
Hello Karl,

I like a bargainer. Sounds like a good idea to me, I would have no problem with it.  (If I can swing it, can we stay in your house for 2 weeks next Aug/Sept? ;D)

Thats the fly season, yes I think I can fit you in, I'm being serious, I also do property management. You have to clean the windows though, colonial style!

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2003, 01:45:41 am »
Martin - the Fed section would only be available to a selected 'member list'. That means a moderator would have to establish whether they were a Fed members or not - they would not be able to access that particular board without a moderator authorising it.

Yes, anyone can get a member list but they'd only get user names and nothing else. I assume when Anglian get their website up and running properly won't all your members details be listed there - including contact phone numbers etc?

The_Fed_Man

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2003, 01:52:05 am »
Thats the fly season, yes I think I can fit you in, I'm being serious, I also do property management. You have to clean the windows though, colonial style!

Done!  2 Weeks free accomodation in return for a window clean ;D

Do I have to sleep next to Jack the Kipper?
Martin Warman
www.nfmwgc.com

karlosdaze

« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2003, 01:52:06 am »
Karl,

Sorry forgot to answer your other question- Coporate Membership.  The reason you are being offered this is because the all the Full Member benefits are not available abroad, so Corporate is a form of limited membership, usually offered to ' a person, partner in a firm or member of a limited company trading with or supplying goods or services to Members' (quote the rule book)

Were you told this already?

Martin Warman
Executive Council Member
N.F.M.W& G.C.

No, never.