Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Re: do leaflets work?
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2006, 10:49:01 pm »
Hi all

I went out for three hours yesterday leafleting. Had three calls while i was out and about from people who had just received a leaflet.

Two said they would get back to me while the other made an appointment to get her leather 3-piece suite cleaned but phoned up later and gave me some b***s**t excuse and cancelled.

Oh well not to worry!

Sky

rich hand

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2006, 11:02:55 pm »
You should allways quote the odd penys, its a good way to get a tip ;)

For instance the job i mention £162.20, it would be all well and good for me to say "just call it £160 madam"

But i bet you i end up with £165, coz there unlikley to have the correct change and if you have done a good job wich i allways do, just as you reach in your pocket to give them change they say "oh gosh no dont worry about the change you have done a great job thanks

So thats a extra £5 and i do that a couple of times a day, four days a week thats a extra £40 for nothing ;D

Ive started finishing the figure in 8 instead of 5 this week. However, i have fallen very  flat. The first job I smashed a light shade so the job fee went void and the second job, although the lady thought the 'scotchguard' to her suite was cheap at £48 she still counted up the change! Went back to 5 for the next job/qote and this 'lady' gasped at 45 for her rug, landing and bedroom  :o 

calmore

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2006, 12:16:28 pm »
You should allways quote the odd penys, its a good way to get a tip ;)

For instance the job i mention £162.20, it would be all well and good for me to say "just call it £160 madam"

Also, if you say £162.20 it sounds like you calculated the price accurately and you are not plucking a figure from the air.

"Just £160" sounds like it was one hundred and fifty something and you just rounded the price up!
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

cleaning co

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2006, 02:34:34 pm »
lol 162.20  sounds like it was 160 and u bin greedy and added extra 2.20 lol ;D

the red carpet

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2006, 03:27:16 pm »
Just for the record though we seem to have gone slightly of topic, i charge by the room and have set prices per room wich are to the pound not the penny.

Have a offer on the leaflets though of "get 3 or more carpets cleaned and save 20%" this is how the odd penys came about.

Ps, i dont reccomend offers like that, it gets me no more work and just looses me money >:( I just havent had a chance to get my leaflet changed and get it taken off yet.

pps, Heres a offer to put on leaflets that i found very good when i started, and is still on my leaflet but again something i want taken off. But i would suggest any newcommer use this offer as its a good one.

"get your carpets cleaned now and we will re-clean in 6 months FREE"

This works really well, i get a lot of calls for this offer.
Then if anyone goes for it you tell them they pay the full price this time and get the full clean, and the next clean is free but its only a highlight clean, any spots or spills and main traffic areas, you dont move any furniture on the re-clean!

And you tell them that they must ring you in the month the re-clean is due! to arrange a time and date that suits you both best.

Now some would think (i aint going back and cleaning for nothing) and fair play
But i look at it like this.
You will secure more jobs with a offer like this as your giving good value.

Your gauranteed now to get back in the house again, and in my experience they allways have something else done so more money.

These people are now your regulars, if you have cleaned for them twice in a couple of months and they were pleased the wont look for another cleaner in future.

And they will definatly keep your number safe and this is the important bit, instead of them getting the carpet cleaned and then throwing your leaflet in the bin they make sure they keep your number to hand, you end up in there address book. And that means everytime they need a cleaner or there friend or family needs a cleaner you get the call.

They way i saw it was most companys go under in the first six months, so try it and see, if you do go under you aint gotta go back have you. And if it works and like me you were starting up on your own with a portable, with any luck by the time you have to go back you will have either got a truckmount or took on someone to help ;)

Prestige1

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2006, 09:41:15 pm »
Have tried somthing new with a leaflet this last week, on one side the usual stuff Carpet and Upholstry etc, on the reverse I have put, "Dont bin it, Pin it" and it has Usefull phone numbers on there, local police stations, emegency services water, Gas Electric and many more, its on quality paper and full colour glosy, its in the hope customers will pin it up and save it, and then say in 3 months time they want there carpet cleaning your number is to hand. has ant one else tried this? did it work? and what do you guys think? goer or flunker?
Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

Mike Halliday

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2006, 09:55:10 pm »
it would be Ok if it did'nt have any spelling mistakes on it ;) ;)

but I was impressed with it

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Prestige1

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2006, 11:33:57 pm »
Mike you will have to let me know what? And Iwill change it next time, kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

pro-fresh

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2006, 11:59:36 pm »
Hi

I have only been in business since the end of July, all my business has come from flyers posted through strangers doors, my flyer  has my company name at the top in big letters, underneath it says CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY CLEANER, below that I list what I can do, and who I am ie:local, proffesional, NCCA, 10% retired person discount, stain protection, fast drying etc.

It is working fine for me, I used to work for the Queens personal parcel delivery service and was paid the handsome some of £400 gross for the privelige of driving round in circles for 50 plus hours a week. (The novelty soon wears off). I am earning more than that now!

Flyers have worked for me because I  have been lucky, even though I live in a big city (Manchester) the area I live in has'nt got much competition at the moment. So if you happen to have a decent flyer (a few colours and straight to the point) and find a reliable distributor and there is'nt much competition then you are going to get phone calls.

Leaflets do work,
I am the universe expressing itself as a carpet cleaner.

www.pro-fresh.co.uk