This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam Ross

A Little Help Please
« on: October 03, 2006, 05:44:05 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking to start a round in the local area and am keen to invest in a WFP system. There are so many different models available though and I am struggling to identify which are up to the job and which are the best value... It;s a lot of money to invest so obviously I don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't work as well as I'd like...

What is the best way to go about this (other than speaking to all the suppliers and trying to sift through all the sales lingo). Also any tips on the best deals on used vans would come in handy..

Thanks.

Paul Coleman

Re: A Little Help Please
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 05:55:19 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking to start a round in the local area and am keen to invest in a WFP system. There are so many different models available though and I am struggling to identify which are up to the job and which are the best value... It;s a lot of money to invest so obviously I don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't work as well as I'd like...

What is the best way to go about this (other than speaking to all the suppliers and trying to sift through all the sales lingo). Also any tips on the best deals on used vans would come in handy..

Thanks.

They all seem to clean the glass well.  Some companies appear to have a higher mark up than others.  You get what you pay for sometimes but not always.
When I was new to WFP, I found Omnipole to be the best for me.  Their equipment is fine but the real big plus for me  is their aftersales service.  If you are very new to WFP, it's very important (IMO) to have good back-up.
I can only relate my own experience.  Others may tell you why their favourite supplier is right for them.

dai

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 08:00:53 pm »
Get yourself a backpack to start with. No matter what system you go for later on, the backpack will always earn it's keep. It's great for those stand alone jobs and where the access is difficult. Dai

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 09:01:51 pm »
The trouble with this type of question is that everyone will have a different type of opinion based on their own experience.

The best way is to look at friends systems, see what works well for them, work with someone for a day. And then trawl through all of the 'blurb' from all the companies and see who sells what you want, at a price that you are happy with.
Also remember that very few get the complete system right for them first time, it becomes a growing, adapting thing that grows with your work and preferences.

If you can afford a lot of money you will get a hassle free system straight out of the box, but even with that there are many variables that you will tweak, and add to over the years.

The basic equipment and systems are all fairly similar in actual 'mechanics' it's is often the packaging that varies. So your personal needs and opinions are very important. We have several people working with us on our work, and each chap has his own preferences, different poles, reels, brushes, and RO units, so you have to make your own mind up.

Don't allow yourself to be 'sold' a system, go and 'buy' one, there is a difference.

There that's my opinion, doesn't mean a lot and probably doesn't help you much either! But it's what I think.

Have fun choosing, and this forum (and others) will help you a lot with the techniques of work.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 09:15:23 pm »
Adam,

There's a few guys here who've started from scratch with WFP; but in my honest opinion, I think you should start with ladders and a squeegie!

Then progress to WFP.