This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

Help needed
« on: May 05, 2004, 09:01:49 pm »
Cleaning limestone fireplace.Customer had new limestone fireplace installed and the fitters have left finger marks all over.They also fitted the mantle upside down andwhen they put it the right way up it left either silicon or glue on the top.Any ideas what could be used to clean the fireplace ???

woodman

Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 09:27:53 pm »
Nick might have the solution Number 8 I think ;)

WavieDavie

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 03:07:06 am »
Surely the customer should get the fitters to come back and put the job right at their expense.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

SteveTruman

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 10:35:33 am »
Have to agree with Wavie, If it was left like that in my humble abode i would tell them to rectify it or get it changed. Any work you do tell the customer that you can only try your best, if the marks come off jolly good. If not and you make it looking worse its not your problem. Personally i would walk away......

Steve

David Lauder

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 04:07:51 pm »
Definitely get them back!!! This is a faulty installation and they should either fix the problems or replace the fire surround. If they refuse you should tell them you can get it fixed but thet will have to pay the bill, and we stone restoration guys are'nt cheap!