This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jon.davies1

I'm thinking about starting!
« on: April 28, 2004, 07:17:36 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site, this is my first post!  ;D

I've been working for a national retail cleaning company for two years, and have been an Area Manager for the last 4 months...... I no longer work for them as the have laid me off.

I was advising a friend who already works about him starting up his own w/c business, and the brain wave eventually hit me...... WHY DONT I DO IT?????

So i need some help advice.... whetever! I'm looking to canvass the town centre as i think there is only really one guy that i have seen doin it, so i think i could get retail business.

What sort of prices would i need to be charging? (even tho i've been involved in cleaning, i have never looked at or been involved in w/c!)

I've been reading some old posts on people who have started up....... how are you doin now?

My situation.......... I'm 24 and getting married in august i already have a house which i am renovating! I am now unemployed and am looking to try my hand at anything to suceed and survive!!

Your help & comments would be so appriciated
Thanks
Jonathan  :D

Sunshine

Re: I'm thinking about starting!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 11:45:58 pm »
Jon - welcome!!! The best advice I can give you is go for it! have a good look around this forum and ask!! Ask as many questions  as you can. Most of the questions you have already asked, the answers are here.

Good luck in your venture and remember, the only stupid question is the one you dont ask!!!

WavieDavie

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 02:14:35 am »
Hi Jon, and as Sunshine said - Welcome!

Read through the Welcome Message towards the top of both Window Cleaning forums, fill in as much as you can so people will have an idea of who you are, and then investigate our "Search" button, on the top bar, which should save you a bit of time in tracking things down.

You can search by single word, phrase, any words in a phrase, all posters, one poster, etc, etc.

My situation.......... I'm 24 and getting married in august i already have a house which i am renovating! I am now unemployed and am looking to try my hand at anything to suceed and survive!!

With motivation like that, I'm sure you'll succeed. Two tips for you - turn up when you say you will, and clean every window as if another window cleaner is going to knock on that customer's door ten minutes after you've left.

All the best, and just go for it!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

jon.davies1

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 01:38:15 pm »
thanks for you replies so far guys!!

much appriciated!  : ;)

replacement

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 05:07:34 pm »
Read philip's thread HERE its full of information about how things will pan out.

I started what some 2 months ago now its hard work getting the customers but there starting to flow in now, i have stopped advertising now as well and still get 2 - 3 calls a night now, well have the last 4 nights anyway.

Justin

dave0123

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 07:07:20 pm »
Hi

May i ask what sort of advertising you mean you were doing local papers? i am just wondering as from tomrow i will be starting my window cleanng trying to get a round my dads mate has told me to go round by his as the last window cleaner has stoped going and his naubour and him want the windows cleaned :) . so i was just wondering what sort of advertising were u doing

Thanks for your help dave
Dave.