This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Re: DO YOU REMEMBER THE DAYS.
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2006, 03:08:24 pm »
Gazza what is your total of cleans you have now per month?

Dave

hi dave 34 with just over 3 weeks  of starting.. dont laugh ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2006, 03:27:55 pm »

Dave

That would equate to around 290 customers after 6 months.  Sounds fine to me.  That's more than I currently have after 15 years.  Mind you, I did have about 400 at one time.

neil100

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2006, 07:44:29 pm »
Nice to read your reply Shiner.

I know its off topic so I will only make the comment once.

I am no longer a JW, I left in 1996 of my own accord after being disillusioned with certain things in the faith. I was baptized and a former pioneer but I was not disfellowshipped. I still have many freinds who are in the faith.

So I do find canvassing so easy, I also have an experince in sales, But at the end of the day its peoples lack of belief in themselves that hold many back from canvassing. It should not, all you want to do is find people who dont have a w/c who want there windows cleaned. If they are willing to pay, CUSTOMERS.

Dont make it harder then it is.

Nel.

sunshine windows

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2006, 08:55:12 pm »
All you new starters keep at it and it will begin to grow nicely. I started up on my own last October while working for a local w/c. He was messing me about with my wages so i thought sod it i'll drop some leaflets and give it a go myself.

I now currently have over 250 customers on my books and i'm still getting the calls from new customers. Lots are recommendations but some are from my last leaflet drop which must have been back in Feb.

The round i have is scattered all over the place just like you new guys but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Providing you price the job right and do a bloody good clean to justify this you'll have customers galore in no time.

I think the most compact part of my round is 8 houses in 1 street but apart form that it's mainly 2' and 3's. I even have the odd day where after each job it another trip in the car to the next one. (never that far mind).

Never done any canvassing but seriously considering it now as i have just taken someone on and could do with a few more customers.

Just keep at it guys and you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about in no time.

Regards,
Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

geefree

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2006, 09:05:40 pm »
thanks lance thats really encouraging,

nice to hear you doing so well.

and taking someone on. i hope i can post the same thing in 10 months,

you done brill.

Gary.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2006, 12:12:59 pm »
Nice to read your reply Shiner.

I know its off topic so I will only make the comment once.

I am no longer a JW, I left in 1996 of my own accord after being disillusioned with certain things in the faith. I was baptized and a former pioneer but I was not disfellowshipped. I still have many freinds who are in the faith.

So I do find canvassing so easy, I also have an experince in sales, But at the end of the day its peoples lack of belief in themselves that hold many back from canvassing. It should not, all you want to do is find people who dont have a w/c who want there windows cleaned. If they are willing to pay, CUSTOMERS.

Dont make it harder then it is.

Nel.

Agreed about the lack of belief in self Neil.  I was fine with canvassing once I realised what was causing the problems for me.  It was a lack of belief in myself coupled with the fact that it unconciously reminded me of my negative childhood experiences with door knocking.  Once I became aware that it was what I was being reminded of rather than what I was actually doing (seeking window cleaning work) then I got on with it very well.  I have no friends there as I walked away in 1973 but I do bump into people sometimes and chat.  So long as someone accepts I'm not conversion material it's fine with me.  I even attended a funeral of an elderly lady at their hall a little while back as I regard that as a separate issue to attending a service (meeting).  The guy who took the funeral service was a window cleaner who I know  :)  (he said trying to keep it vaguely on topic)   ;D

neil100

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2006, 12:46:49 pm »
WOW you where brave Shiner, 1973.

Glad to see 1975 passed by without incedent.

Sorry off topic.

Nel.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2006, 02:09:44 pm »
WOW you where brave Shiner, 1973.

Glad to see 1975 passed by without incedent.

Sorry off topic.

Nel.

Yes I did get the heebie jeebies about that for a while  ;D  .
I could say a lot more but it's not really the place for it.  Suffice to say that I believe that the worldview I have these days is far healthier than the one I once had.
There are plenty of places on the internet for in depth discussions of such topics.  It can sometimes be difficult to tackle such issues without polarisation occurring in the discussion.
All I really wanted to say from the outset was that I experienced so much rejection early in my life during my door knocking experiences, I unwittingly carried that mindset into canvassing for window cleaning.  Once I got past that, the canvassing style got better.

david68

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2006, 04:38:47 pm »

Dave
Hi Gazza
Would never laugh i am at only 45 after 3 months, But it's like winning the lottery when i get the extra new customer.
Also i work Sundays just to get the new business.
But i am quiet a handy person and have got some good property maintance work.

Dave

That would equate to around 290 customers after 6 months.  Sounds fine to me.  That's more than I currently have after 15 years.  Mind you, I did have about 400 at one time.
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

david68

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2006, 04:40:50 pm »

Dave

Hi Gazza
Would never laugh i am at only 45 after 3 months, But it's like winning the lottery when i get the extra new customer.
Also i work Sundays just to get the new business.
But i am quiet a handy person and have got some good property maintance work.

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

pylofm

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2006, 06:40:20 pm »
Sunshine windows....just as a matter of intrest...how many leaflets did you drop?

Cheers
Dave.

david68

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2006, 12:08:32 am »
Gazza do you find knocking the doors better or leaflet drop?

Also if you do both, which one you tend to do the most?

Thanks Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

geefree

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2006, 12:13:35 am »
hi dave, they all recommend door knocking but i do more leaflet drops after so many knockbacks in the morning,  i then blast leaflets out all day. so they work for me.

i really should go out more in the evenings when they all home,

but once i get a couple of calls i then get a couple more up the ladders.

Gary.

pylofm

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2006, 07:54:41 am »
Back out on the streets today...have pledged to get 500 leaflets out today....have set myself some targets this week...I want 100 euros worth of new work (about 69quid), so far I have 16 customers...

Did a one-off 70 euros (about 48quid) took me three hours with the wfp !

Have started targeting large type houses....have thought that wfp is really good for  these so am spending a portion of the week seeking these out.

Good luck to all and especially us newbies :D

Cheers
Dave.

david68

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2006, 09:27:06 am »
Hi Gazza
Yes i found leaflets where better for me.
Only posted about 700 so need to up my volume a bit.

I have brought a freedom trolley so i will look for them 3 storey properties now.

Pity we was not close we could have set up together, Never mind i not moving house...lol

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

geefree

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2006, 04:49:53 pm »
that would have been a good idea , i long for some help with leaflets, girlfriend  and her teenage lads no interest at all , but never mind wait until they want holiday work off me  ;D

did a semi today (£7)... it was disgusting, never seen anything like it... her frames were unrecognisable, .. leaded windows , bird poop. cobwebs... youve seen it dave, you know what i mean.....it took me well over an hour!.... i used a degreaser when i did some pressure washing....so i tested it on a tiny bit of pvc frame, left it five minutes and....bingo!!! bright and clean.... she was so impressed she gave me a tenner , and £7 per fortnight...

well chuffed but was knackered lol... will be easy next time,   i really do enjoy it but these first cleans are hard and time consuming, but i wont speed up until i know its 100% clean..... then hopefully when i do hit speed the quality will go hand in hand.

gary.

david68

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2006, 05:56:11 pm »
Gazza did you clean the upvc with pressure washer?

What type of degreaser did you use?

Only i have a first clean which is in a bit of bird poo state.

If you did you a pressure washer was it petrol?

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

sunshine windows

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2006, 06:14:49 pm »
Sunshine windows....just as a matter of intrest...how many leaflets did you drop?

Cheers
Dave   

Me and my dear old mum (she'll kill me if she catches me calling her that) delivered just over 10,000 leaflets in total. I got rid of a batch of 10,000 then got another 5,000 printed but have since moved and changed home phone numbers. For some reason they wouldn't let us keep the old number. I now have just short of 5,000 sat in the back of my car doing nothing.  :(

I have just experienced my first taste of door knocking today with the new starter i took on last week. Was really nervous on the first house but when i got the job it got kind of addictive. Picked up 3 new customers in return for knocking about 15 doors after finishing work today. Not a bad % return.

Those that weren't in, i was leaving a quote form that i have written up giving them a choice of monthly or bi-monthly cleans. Hopefully get a few calls later too.

Keep plugging away guys and you'll be too busy to canvass soon.  ;D

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

geefree

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2006, 08:07:47 pm »
dave ,

i used the degreaser i use to use on drives, but i did not use pressure to do windows lol, would i blown them out, i have 13 litres per min petrol washer.....

Its called Maxima industrial degreaser, maximum strength.. mix it half and half with water cos its strong........oh blow it ;) i put it on neat then washed my hands straight away

Wipe the whole frame with it,.. leave for 5 and it will shift anything.... and bring out the dirt on upvc.... it also brings yellow frames back to white......

they think am a miracle worker lol...
good stuff.

Gary.

david68

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2006, 08:12:00 pm »
Gazza thanks i will try and get some.
I was think of using some sort of pressure washer on guttering and fascias

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby