Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poleman

Re: I need a push!! (Starting up)
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2004, 02:20:53 am »
get inside work for when it rains

andy
dorset

fed member

garry

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2004, 06:15:24 pm »
well there i was working as a postman six days a week getting up at 4.15am for eleven years for £220 per week take home what a waste of life hated every moment of it. got 3 kids mortage but i thought sod it i hate my job was i right old git at home so i left royal mail to start up window cleaning took me 3 months to match my po earnings work coming in all the time this year will double my po earnings much happier now.
 i say to anyone if u hate your job leave it but dont take eleven years like i did otherwise your end up a sad old git like i once was.
everyone will tell you not to do it they will say things like there are to many window cleaners round here
or you wont get enough work dont listen to them. :)

WavieDavie

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2004, 06:49:39 pm »
Hi Garry,

Welcome to the world of the free!

It didn't have to be window cleaning, you've just had your wake-up call that working for a boss is a waste of your time and talents. Especially being a wage roll number in a massive operation like the Post Office.

But what happens when you've grown enough to need an employee? Then you'll be a boss yourself! I'll leave you to answer that one all by yourself.

Congratulations chum, and I hope to see lots more of you on these boards.

All the best, have fun, and don't forget that "Freedom Moment" when your overalls are soaked up to the knees, you're a couple of days behind with the work, and one of the boys is off on holiday (paid!). Ain't it great!!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Mikey Warner

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2004, 11:21:05 pm »
well there i was working as a postman six days a week getting up at 4.15am for eleven years for £220 per week take home what a waste of life hated every moment of it. got 3 kids mortage but i thought sod it i hate my job was i right old git at home so i left royal mail to start up window cleaning took me 3 months to match my po earnings work coming in all the time this year will double my po earnings much happier now.
 i say to anyone if u hate your job leave it but dont take eleven years like i did otherwise your end up a sad old git like i once was.
everyone will tell you not to do it they will say things like there are to many window cleaners round here
or you wont get enough work dont listen to them. :)

This rings some bells in my head! ::)

Too many cleaners, won't match my wage?? well the family is beggining to eat their words now and I'm laughing ;D ;D

Mikey

Mikey Warner

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2004, 01:25:13 am »
Hi Guy's

Just thought I'd put the link to my web site up  ;D see what you think

http://www.windakleena.co.uk

Mikey

Willy

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2004, 02:59:52 am »
Mickey, I am just starting out and find this site very interesting and informative.
But I have got to say your site is the BEST I have seen. A lot of thought and detail has obviously went into it, and I love the guy on the ladder with the different  site "links" coming off it. (sorry is that you?)
If you ever get enough of climbing ladders then I think you have a future in a different type of Windows.

Excellent!   I've added it to my Favourites.
A very difficult act to follow! You don't need good luck when you have an approach like this, so instead I will wish you My Best Regards for future success!

gibbouk

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2004, 09:36:56 am »
the finished site is excelent. good luck mickey

Mikey Warner

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2004, 02:03:51 pm »
I love the guy on the ladder with the different  site "links" coming off it. (sorry is that you?)
If you ever get enough of climbing ladders then I think you have a future in a different type of Windows.

Cheers guy's,

Yes Willy it is me, I had my site built for me by a guy across the road from me http://www.8ballmultimedia.com They took pictures of me then made the Caricature  ;D I laugh everytime i look at it  ;D They don't work from templates so you know your web page is going to be original.

Mikey

Willy

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2004, 03:45:18 pm »
Sorry MIKEY, I called you Mickey in my last post (it was late!)
Its fantasic what hes done, thats another site I have made a note of.
I have to be honest and say I'm dying to ask how much it cost, but at whatever price,  it was money well spent!

Mikey Warner

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2004, 05:55:07 pm »
Willy,

The best thing is to email them and Steve will phone you back, nice genuine guy.

Mikey

WavieDavie

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2004, 10:14:31 pm »
Mikey,

Just to agree with everyone else - what an excellent site!

I know you were probably on a "Buddy's Price", but I think your neighbour might have a few more window cleaners as clients quite soon.

How long ago was it you started this thread - 6 months? - and look at you now ;D showing up the Cheshire Cat. What an advert for window cleaner's forums, eh?

More power to your elbow, mate - fantastic progress.

All the best - Davie
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Mikey Warner

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2004, 12:27:10 am »
Cheers Waivie,

Power to my elbow??, it's my shoulder!! can't move it in the morning when i wake up  ::)

Buddies Price? well i do his windows ;D but he's been good to me since i started, he designed the layout of logo, his mrs got my magnetic signs, who could ask for more ;D

But since the start of this thread i've had the up's and down's, the worrying and the happines you name it. I will admit still loads of work to do and probably more worrying but i can say i have never thought for one minute i wish i'd stayed in full time employment ;D ;D

Mikey

Neil

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2004, 07:06:47 pm »
Well-said Mikey,
I think you and I started about the same time didnt we?
It has been hard work these last few months but the rewards make it worthwhile.
Working outside again has taken the most getting used to (5 years sat in an office staring at a pc all day) but I now find I dont feel the cold like I used to and I have not had a single cold all winter, (I used to get at least 3)
I can easily earn the same money I did in my last job but in less hours.
My business is getting quite big now, I would think that if things continue to grow at the same rate I will have to soon start considering which direction to go. i.e. WFP, STAFF or STAY AS I AM.
Not bad in six months.
I always new this job had potential but I have been surprised at the possibilities.

Mikey Warner

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2004, 09:21:10 pm »
Wylie,

Ain't life great  ;)

Mikey

gleamteamni

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2004, 10:49:36 pm »
I'm a new starter to the internet but  in the same position as you 3 years ago, I don't regret making the right decision to go to window cleaning.  Wish u all the best of luck.

Geordie
(Gleam Team)
Geordie

david.e

« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2004, 08:18:10 pm »
Just wanted to say..very nice website.  I am just in the process of starting out and your message has definitely helped me....all the best

David

Neil

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2004, 09:39:39 pm »
David
good luck with your new venture, you have picked a better time of year to start than mikey and I did but having said that the winter came and went with no problems to speak of. (Mikey found pink Unger gloves very useful but I will leave him to tell you all about those )  ;D  ;D
If you have have any problems or need any advice then this is the place to come.

Neil

Mikey Warner

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2004, 07:15:05 pm »
(Mikey found pink Unger gloves very useful but I will leave him to tell you all about those )  ;D  ;D

:'( I'm grownig a complex and becoming Paranoid now  :'(

>:(I keep telling everyone, "PINK GO FASTER STRIPES"!! >:(

;D ;) ;D

Neil

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2004, 01:06:31 am »
Sorry Mikey  :)

I couldnt resist   ;D   ;D

Neil

sandrew

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2004, 11:36:45 pm »
hi i started window cleaning 12 yrs ago mate its hard work but rewards are there  ive nevr canvassed yet still they keep coming  just try an pick a decent are an ull du ok     good luck
andrews cleaning services