This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

1st day tomorrow o-eck
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:07:48 pm »
Paula my wife is coming out with me tomorrow for the 1st time, she's practised on our own windows but thats it

The job in hand is a 45 bed nursing home in and out, normally takes me 5 hours on the outside alone & ive estimated 10 man (women ) hrs for the inside (1st clean) so has she much to worry about do you think

Any advice for her ?

Clear Vision

Re: 1st day tomorrow o-eck
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 09:33:43 pm »
You want advice??

Don't take her at all  ;D ;D ;D

No, but  on a serious note tell her to take her time. It's all about quality & not quantity. Supossing she only does 1 window to your 10, thats one less you have to do!

It takes time. Just let her be. She'll be ok ;)

Matthew

stephen d

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 10:58:19 pm »
talk about chucking her in the deep end- i hope your marriage is strong,good luck.

aztec

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:17:23 pm »
just let her wipe up after you!
you will be surprised how much time you save mate not having to wipe up your mess
good luck to the mrs mine wont get out of bed before 9!!!

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 04:23:50 pm »
Chris,

Hubby did the same thing with me on our largest hotel  :P

My only advise is to walk her around the property first and point out all the areas she is responsible for.  Show her any special area that need attention and where to find you if she has any problems. 

If she has not finished when you have then work together on this occassion - next time she'll be faster and the following time she will beat you  ;D

Good luck Mrs Chris  ;D

Sarah
Sarah

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 04:45:11 pm »
Go for it Paula
You will pick it up, you will get faster and you will both reap the rewards,

I only take my wife with me so I don't have to kiss her goodbye in the mornings  ;D ;D Joking aside, me and the wife today 3hrs work brought home £100 and she goes up the ladders aswell when she wants to.  we found having a woman in the team brings in more work.

Good Luck
Jeff

marc al

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 06:40:08 pm »
  My wife comes with me to do the insides of a nursing home, we dont do the bedrooms insides though, although there is alot of comunal areas and hallways with windows.
  The wife starts upstairs and when she has finished up there she finishes what I haven't managed to do downstairs while I start outside, she then goes home and leaves me to it!!
   All in it takes about 4 hours for me and 2 for her - 170 quid - nice earner!!

Marc

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 08:15:28 pm »
Paula has had a great day , she got on with it and has done a darn good job , shes used the small pole and was chuffed with that ( i gave her the three large conservatories to do ) found that easy and then when shed done those started on some low windows, when we finished the outside we started on the inside and that didnt come quite so naturally but by the end of the day had got to grips with doing the whole window in one go without needing to take the blade off to wipe it, now she's talking of wanting to quit Tescos and come out with me more regular ( now that both our kids will be in full time education after sept)

Chris

Fast 1 *

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 08:19:19 pm »
All good if you REALLY get on with eachother.Good luck
wildstyles

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 08:52:01 pm »
I'd suggest you walk your Missis around and introduce her to some of the staff that you know; just to show her the place and put her at ease.

Tell her not to worry about her speed; that'll come with practise; tell her to take regular breaks; her muscles will need to develop and keep everything as easy as possible for her to begin with.

Remember, every window she cleans; no matter how slowly; is one less you have to do.  It does take time to learn to be quick; even though it's painfull to watch when someone first starts.

I've worked with Wor Lass now for nearly four-years, and we do make a good team, although we've had our moments.

Oh, no arguing in front of customers!

(Read between the lines and good luck).

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 09:17:47 pm »
Paula has had a great day , she got on with it and has done a darn good job ,

Well done Paula.

If shes darn good after one day, you'd better look out Chris.  ;)  Just imagine what shes gonna be like after a few months - LOL

Watch it guys - our federation will soon take over the world.   ;) ::)

Sarah

Sarah

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 09:29:21 pm »
Oh no not another fed  :)

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 09:30:12 pm »
go paula im with you girl.

well done

girl power ;D ;D ;D

Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

carl stanton

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 10:36:07 pm »
i took my wife out with me some times, it was a great way to spend time together, no no honest it was!! i was the boss on this one!  ;D  so maybe you can stay home and do the ''paperwork'' while she does the window cleaning!!  ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 11:00:54 pm »
  ;D  so maybe you can stay home and do the ''paperwork'' while she does the window cleaning!!  ;D

That'll never happen, I've not got a head for figures exept her figure that is  ::) ;)

Chris

paul mather

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 12:04:53 am »
Hi Chris this is Paul's missus, what size pole did you get her? Also does she have working with you, a long time goal? My only reservation is although window cleaning is more money I will be giving up a job that I absolutley love and the other thing is, not sure that I can hack a really hard winter. ??? ??? ???
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 12:16:22 am »
I am speaking on my missus behalf, as she is fast asleep.  She has, thouhg, endured at least 15 harsh winters with me, and has survived so far.  Ther is nothing she wouldn't try and do!  She is not tough or well built, just loyal, and willing.

D'you mind me askin how old she is, I feel like I'm creepin up there I'm 30 somthin. :o 8) 8) :o

P.s It's pauls misses again.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 09:14:09 am »
9 yeras ago when we started I was ther only female w/c in our immediate area.  Our competitors wives never seemed to surface for collecting or canvassing either.

Now there are a few helping their hubbies and even more who help with leafletting etc.  Shows how this industry is changing.

I am 40 and able to do most w/c jobs although I struggle holding up the pole for long periods, simply because my muscle tone is not like a mans. 

I have mastered pulling a full trolley although did pull a back muscle last year trying to be tough  :P

I love the summers but loath the cold winters which play havoc with my hair !!!!

My advice to any 'better half'.  Just go for it. 

Sarah

Sarah

paul mather

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 11:32:09 am »
Hi Sarah, the thing that worries me is, that I'll get too over the hill to carry on. I think the top n bottom is I'm worried about takin the plunge.
What have you found to be the main benefits Sarah? :-\
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 11:58:14 am »
I cant see myself w/c at 50 simply because it is a physically challenging job to do all day long. 

If your worried about taking the plunge and  need a security blanket just do it P/T or weekends for a while. I still work part-time in a sales job I love - this keeps me happy and covers the morgage if we get prolonged periods of bad weather. 

The real benefit to me is the flexibility of the working week.  I really love taking and picking up my daughter, I attend every school function but from a work perspective its all about maintaining a regular cleaning cycle.  Two hands are better than one I suppose.  It takes the pressure off hubby and thats a good thing.  Also we have picked up new accounts because the elderly feel more comfortable seeing a woman.

Its a physically demanding job but mentally its a doddle - you dont have the stress of an office based job and can go home and forget about what you have left at the office.

The Work - life ratio does it for me but I suppose its all down to your personal situation and what you want out of your work (or not as the case may be)  ;D

Hope that helps ,

Sarah

Sarah