This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Re: Change is on the way
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2006, 09:43:52 pm »

There has been a big company over here trying to get into the Domestic market,
  they are gaining customers but they are loosing more.

Reason their staff are doing a bad job, they get paid peanuts. To them its just
  cleaning windows and not customer satisfaction. I think you will find the customer
  gets more satisfaction from Joe Blogss than Mr X.

Mr X maybe cheaper but Joe Blogss values his customer, hence the customer who
   values customer satisfaction will always stay with Joe Bloggs.

Doug

scrimit2

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2006, 11:22:54 pm »
I guess, there could easily be a nationwide company set up for domestic window cleaning, in the way Dyno rod, has for drain un blocking, but hey there is still loads of independant guys doing the same job,
people do like  reconmendation by word of mouth and to know the guy who cleans there windows.

and like I Just said there could easily be a nationwide company creeping up on us, but I dont think any window cleaner doing a good job has anything to worry about. ;D

Malcal

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2006, 01:08:34 am »
Change may be on its way, but it will not come the way that as been described on this topic.

It will come from the customer who in 10 years time can pop into Wilkinsons and buy a pole and a cannister of resin to clean his windows for £15.00. £15.00 for a years w cleaning with no risk of falling off a ladder and he will only be to happy to clean his neighbours windows for £2.00 to help recover the cost.

Made in china by the millions.

Make money while you can cos when the domestic work starts drying up we will be undercutting each other for commercial work.

Death of the corner shop,Death of the w/cleaner.

So instead of 200 new customers a week he will be loseing 199.

Nel looking into my crstyal ball.
Hi all.
RO's are getting cheaper everyday so this may not be so far away. Will we end up serving just the idle and the rich ?.
Regards Mal

Extremeclean

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2006, 08:02:46 am »
Change may be on its way, but it will not come the way that as been described on this topic.

It will come from the customer who in 10 years time can pop into Wilkinsons and buy a pole and a cannister of resin to clean his windows for £15.00. £15.00 for a years w cleaning with no risk of falling off a ladder and he will only be to happy to clean his neighbours windows for £2.00 to help recover the cost.

Made in china by the millions.

Make money while you can cos when the domestic work starts drying up we will be undercutting each other for commercial work.

Death of the corner shop,Death of the w/cleaner.

So instead of 200 new customers a week he will be loseing 199.

Nel looking into my crstyal ball.
Hi all.
RO's are getting cheaper everyday so this may not be so far away. Will we end up serving just the idle and the rich ?.
Regards Mal

I missed the original post about these kits.

There are good points made here.

I won't buy any equipment from a supplier who sells these. They want to make money from us and at the same time try to pinch our customers.  I know the argument could be made that most people dont like to clean their own windows but if they get to know how easy it is with WFP and dont have to climb ladders the picture could change quite a lot.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2006, 08:31:03 am »
I have only lost one commercial job in 8 years, some of you guys are on a different planet.

customers will always pay a fair price, ive had loads offering to undercut me over the years and so far i have not lost any.

Where are these big companies going to get there work from ? my guess is they are going to buy most of tyhere rounds like a lot of them have done already.

Dave

P®oPole™

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2006, 08:24:29 pm »
I guess, there could easily be a nationwide company set up for domestic window cleaning, in the way Dyno rod, has for drain un blocking, but hey there is still loads of independant guys doing the same job,
people do like  reconmendation by word of mouth and to know the guy who cleans there windows.

and like I Just said there could easily be a nationwide company creeping up on us, but I dont think any window cleaner doing a good job has anything to worry about. ;D

This could well be the case in years to come whos heard of fish in the states? But of course Window cleaning unusually, is almost impossible to automate economically. This means that there is a broad a sustainable market every were for everyone unfortunately some times the beer and £5 brigade, but as mentioned before trust means alot in the domestic market, once you have trust you have loyalty.

neil100

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2006, 08:42:29 pm »
I was looking through my w/c earnings book last night and it was a right rivetting read.

It brought back many memmorys.

The thing is it started off in April 1980. I am still doing the same streets as when I started other then areas which I stopped going to.

Thats 26yrs ago. How long will I have to wait for these so called changes to take place? For my income to drop?

Since I have gone wfp my earnings are taking off into the strstasphere.

Oh dont tell me its all about to end.

Nel.