This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bob McKillop

'that's a bit expensive...'
« on: July 30, 2006, 09:02:39 am »
Been working on a reply to this...
' I appreciate that might be a bit more than your previous window cleaner, but I give the best service.I am regular, reliable, and contactable at any time on home or mobile number. I always do a good job, and am fully registered and fully insured. I use the safest and most effective cleaning methods on the market, and to provide this service I have to charge a wee bit more'

If they still say its too expensive then
'well ma'am I hope the wee man with the 1980's prices comes back to you, but if not then give me a call.' - you have lost them anyway by then!

Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

Jeff Brimble

Re: 'that's a bit expensive...'
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 11:24:09 am »
You could try putting in " I would never say I am the cheapest but I am competittive (smile)

JohnL

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 11:48:35 am »
The correct reply is '' I give good value for the money ''   :)

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Jon T.C.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 12:08:17 pm »
The reply is "reassuringly so "
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 12:58:46 pm »
Income £10 house

Expenses

17.5% VAT = £1.50
19% Tax = £1.90
Wages 27% = 2.70
Insurance 1% = 0.10
Equipment and wear and tear 2.5% = 0.25
Travelling costs 5% = 0.50

Total expenses = £6.95

Profit = £3.05 Thats Expensive!!!!

My line is this, I operate a professional service. I am insured, reliable, offer a regular service and can provide references. If you want us to be here not only today but in 1, 5 or 10 years time then you have to pay for what you get.

It's their choice, one thing is for sure, I will not cut my own throat to make someone else happy!! Lets face it, they can move house in a few months, decide not to continue, get a cheaper window cleaner all sorts of options, so if they are with you then make sure they pay for your services!

Trev

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Majestic

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 01:08:02 pm »
I just say thats the price , phone me if you want them cleaning.  I dont get into discusions with them about my prices, theres lots of people out there who need a window cleaner

Bob McKillop

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 01:25:38 pm »
Thanks guys - Will amend accordingly. Unfortunately what you really want to say is b****r off then!