van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam P

£4k to get into pressure washing. what would you get?
« on: May 11, 2024, 11:40:32 pm »
looking to properly get into jet washing. been using a domestic machine for the odd job we get requested where standards aren't super important, but now i want to do it properly with real professional kit.

wondered what others on here would look to get with approx £4k (for equipment and chemicals only)

one of the machines i'm leaning towards getting is from equip2clean - Kiam GORILLA POWER® 2700PSI 25LPM 13HP Petrol Pressure Washer Honda GX390 Engine, but they also do a 3100PSI 21LPM.

there's a difference in price, but i'm a little lost as to why a lower PSI but higher LPM is more expensive and even why it's not just higher LPM = higher PSI?

anyone rate their machines?

what length hose is ideal?

i see BNQ so a BE whirlaway 20". is this size good for domestic sites and ok enough for commercial?

what list of chemicals should i hold as minimum?

thanks

Splash and dash

Re: £4k to get into pressure washing. what would you get?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 01:12:11 pm »
If you want a professional set up I would speak to someone like Ben at Rutland pumps , he gives good honest advice won’t try and sell you something you don’t need or sell you high prices stuff unless that’s what you want . Honda are a reliable engine , we have had a couple over  the years but now have Briggs and Stratton vanguard v twin , much better built ,quite, uses less fuel , and you don’t have to rev it hard for good power just over tickover  will clean most things , 21 ltr per muinit and 250 bar will clean most things fast and one pass only with a fsc , if using a lance with turbo nozzle or vario nozzle again it’s very quick cleaning and rinsing , a wheely bin as a bouser would be needed.hose length depends what you will be doing but 50-100 meters should be fine .  Smudger does a lot of pw  ime sure he can give some advice

I would also suggest it’s not very likely you will get 25 lol from an 13 hp engine / pump as 13 hp wont  run the bigger pumps , 21 lpm is the maximum from 13 hp on a good day .

Adam P

Splash and dash

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2024, 01:44:57 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

This is the one I was on about, though they have variations of it.

Do you think that's not a realistic description from real world use?

https://equip2clean.co.uk/products/kiam-gorilla-power%C2%AE-3100psi-25lpm-13hp-petrol-pressure-washer-honda-gx390-engine?pr_prod_strat=e5_desc&pr_rec_id=81eb74411&pr_rec_pid=8364713443570&pr_ref_pid=8364641681650&pr_seq=uniform

From talking to Ben at Rutland  and several other suppliers all have said the maximum you can get out of a 13 hp Honda is a maximum of 21 lpm ,

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 04:35:59 pm »
Splash won't be surprised to find I will disagree - you can get 25 Ltr. a min - depends on the gearing or belt ratio used, However feeding 25 Ltr a min may be problematic - big buffer tank - finding enough water to feed it.

Do you need spend 4K ? - when 1500 to 2K will get you every thing you need for the work you hope to get.

There is always an offset between power and flow - if you have light work but need to move crud (pig sheds) then flow is king
if its heavy staining but smaller areas power is more important

200 Bar x 21 Lts - is a good allrounder

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash and dash

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2024, 08:08:50 pm »
Splash won't be surprised to find I will disagree - you can get 25 Ltr. a min - depends on the gearing or belt ratio used, However feeding 25 Ltr a min may be problematic - big buffer tank - finding enough water to feed it.

Do you need spend 4K ? - when 1500 to 2K will get you every thing you need for the work you hope to get.

There is always an offset between power and flow - if you have light work but need to move crud (pig sheds) then flow is king
if its heavy staining but smaller areas power is more important

200 Bar x 21 Lts - is a good allrounder

So what pump are you using to get theses figures , as Rutland and q washers and everyone I have spoken to say the Honda 13 hp engine doesn’t produce enough power to run pumps that will give 21 lpm , I have had a couple myself and measuring the flow it would give 17-19 lpm maximum  .

I agree with the rest 👍

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2024, 11:35:27 pm »
Interpump ws202 - bullet proof unlike the Mazzoni ones Ben sold me - both disintegrated and his engine build wasn't much better either.
my latest set of P/w's are G420

As you will be aware Q-washers advocate twin feed on there setup - this definitely drops the LPM as you get cavitation on one side due to the tight turn into the pump - filters can slow it down as well

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Splash and dash

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2024, 11:49:16 pm »
Interpump ws202 - bullet proof unlike the Mazzoni ones Ben sold me - both disintegrated and his engine build wasn't much better either.
my latest set of P/w's are G420

As you will be aware Q-washers advocate twin feed on there setup - this definitely drops the LPM as you get cavitation on one side due to the tight turn into the pump - filters can slow it down as well

Ok that’s interesting have you actually measured the amount of water the pumps supplying as mine would only provide 17-19 lpm although it was sold as 21 . I have always found Rutland and Ben very good obviously we don’t do the amount of  pw you do but never had any problems with kit from him , girls in the office are useless though 😂😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2024, 11:53:21 pm »
of course - that and research coming from 30 + years in engineering ( altho I don't pay as much attention now )

Isn't that his wife ?

Adam P

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 09:52:39 pm »
https://www.rutlandpumps.com/watertek-vanguard-16hp-mazzoni-gearbox-drive-22lpm-250-bar-wheelbarrow.html

Thinking to then go for the above machine. Are these rated good?

One thing that concerns me is when watching youtube videos, it's mentioned many times that it's good to buy local due to easily getting it fixed and parts. Is this really something I need to worry about? My carpet machine (airflex machines) has been back the manufacturer once in the 10 odd years I had it for a full service.

Splash and dash

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 10:02:38 pm »
https://www.rutlandpumps.com/watertek-vanguard-16hp-mazzoni-gearbox-drive-22lpm-250-bar-wheelbarrow.html

Thinking to then go for the above machine. Are these rated good?

One thing that concerns me is when watching youtube videos, it's mentioned many times that it's good to buy local due to easily getting it fixed and parts. Is this really something I need to worry about? My carpet machine (airflex machines) has been back the manufacturer once in the 10 odd years I had it for a full service.

Yes that’s a good machine but they are heavy you will need a decent set of ramps  to get it in and out of the van if working alone .
I deal with Rutland which is hundreds of miles away from me , never had to send anything back yet , just order spares and do most of the servicing myself.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2024, 09:53:58 am »
Yes a good machine but I would worry about anything mazzoni long term - my experience is there stuff is temperamental at best

I do think it’s a bit of a cheek stating made in Britain - all the parts come from abroad 😆

Interpump- Honda and Loncin have been very reliable on all my setups (10 p/ws) so local is not a priority imo

Adam P

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2024, 04:08:14 pm »
Thanks guys.

This is another I'm considering, though there's also the exact same machine but  250 bar with 30 LPM, same price. Which would be better for driveway use? 300 bar but 25lpm, or 309 bar and 25lpm?

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/watertek-loncin-g700-25lpm-300-bar-pressure-washer.html

Does the above have the same gearbox? There is a lot less details mentioned on the site then for the machine I mentioned yesterday.

The one I mentioned before comes with 3 years warranty, this loncin one only 2 years. Is this a worry?

The site asks for Outlook fittings. Which would I want to select?

I've seen other machines mention that they have the start where once you turn it on, rhe water comes out the side to flush out any air. Is this standard for most machines?

Also another feature I've seen other machines mention about how when you're not shooting the water out, say you want to change attachments, the machine cycles the water to your buffer tank. This keeps the pump cool? Is this something that all machines pretty much have at this price point? If not, is that a problem?

Splash and dash

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2024, 04:41:45 pm »
Yes a good machine but I would worry about anything mazzoni long term - my experience is there stuff is temperamental at best

I do think it’s a bit of a cheek stating made in Britain - all the parts come from abroad 😆

Interpump- Honda and Loncin have been very reliable on all my setups (10 p/ws) so local is not a priority imo

Mazzoni pumps are not that great from friends that have had them , I have never had one by choice,  but wondered if the gearbox would be ok as it’s not  usually something that goes wrong with a pressure washer set up they are quite simple in design compared to a pump , we don’t use them everyday like you do its  an add on for us .

Splash and dash

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2024, 04:50:30 pm »
Thanks guys.

This is another I'm considering, though there's also the exact same machine but  250 bar with 30 LPM, same price. Which would be better for driveway use? 300 bar but 25lpm, or 309 bar and 25lpm?

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/watertek-loncin-g700-25lpm-300-bar-pressure-washer.html

Does the above have the same gearbox? There is a lot less details mentioned on the site then for the machine I mentioned yesterday.

The one I mentioned before comes with 3 years warranty, this loncin one only 2 years. Is this a worry?

The site asks for Outlook fittings. Which would I want to select?

I've seen other machines mention that they have the start where once you turn it on, rhe water comes out the side to flush out any air. Is this standard for most machines?

Also another feature I've seen other machines mention about how when you're not shooting the water out, say you want to change attachments, the machine cycles the water to your buffer tank. This keeps the pump cool? Is this something that all machines pretty much have at this price point? If not, is that a problem?

30 ltr of water per muinit is a lot of water to supply to a machine and a lot of waist water to get rid of, we don’t do  huge stuff like Darren does but have never found we needed more that 21 ltr that will clean most stuff

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2024, 05:32:29 pm »
If you are spending that kind of money may as well get a GX630

https://jetmac.co.uk/shop/ols/products/honda-gx630-with-comet-30lt-pump-electric-start

although it seems a bit overkill for driveways, i paid 1300 for my 21lpm loncin dont see why i would need more

Splash and dash

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2024, 06:15:11 pm »

https://jetmac.co.uk/shop/ols/products/honda-gx630-with-comet-30lt-pump-electric-start

although it seems a bit overkill for driveways, i paid 1300 for my 21lpm loncin dont see why i would need more

Do you know how much fuel they drink ?😂😂😂

Adam P

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2024, 09:33:14 pm »
After all these posts I still feel no closer to making a decision what to get. 3 different websites linked in this thread and each with no clear answer as to why that's definitely the one to go for. I feel lost.

I don't want to buy cheap now and in a years time find myself buying again because I feel the weakness of that machine, but then why waste money on going over kill. But then why not spend a couple hundred more on a slightly better machine, and all of a sudden it escapes to spending a thousand more, but that machine pump is bad, or the motor there's better out there.

Too dizzy

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2024, 10:22:45 pm »

Do you know how much fuel they drink ?😂😂😂

The guys on a mission to blow 4k to get into pressure washing I doubt he cares .

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2024, 11:55:58 pm »
OP - your not really listening - as Stoots said your itching to blow 4k regardless

Splash has already said 21 lpm is enough and he does a fair bit of work - I've never needed more than this either maybe if you get a contract on the rigs or something....

You can get a great set up for around 2k - and thats if you really want to have a fsc as well - I only use them on tarmac and concrete
which is about 5% of work that comes in.

You could spend that 4k and the machine sit there week in and week out - that monies gone where as 2k leaves you 2k for leaflets - advert - web page should you need it