UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Battery question

(1/8) > >>

liphook:
Today was the second day trying to use my diy reel system, it lasted 10 minutes before I had the batt symbol on the controller. Back to backpacks rest of day.

I have a 120ah battery fitted with a trickle charger to the engine, and run a 100psi shurflo  pump from it.

I asked an auto elec I know to look and he says if I’m only doing short journeys, and turn engine off when working, that the battery doesn’t get enough time to charge, which is why it’s not working.

Any advice on this please?

Ched:
Short journeys won't put enough power back into the battery. Ideally you should mains charge it each night. If you have been regularly draining it below 50% capacity (12v rested) then you have probably killed the battery! 

Stoots:
Well neither a split charge relay or a battery to battery charger will fully charge your battery if you dont do enough miles.

But i would check the battery isnt faulty and that its holding charge and i would then check its not a bad connection thats causing the controller to detect low battery rather than the battery actually being low...

If everything checks out ok then its just a case of bench charging the battery more often, personally i do this everyday.

liphook:

--- Quote from: Stoots on April 16, 2024, 04:37:32 pm ---Well neither a split charge relay or a battery to battery charger will fully charge your battery if you dont do enough miles.

But i would check the battery isnt faulty and that its holding charge and i would then check its not a bad connection thats causing the controller to detect low battery rather than the battery actually being low...

If everything checks out ok then its just a case of bench charging the battery more often, personally i do this everyday.

--- End quote ---

I have purchased a mains trickle charger to charge it over night. I thought the 12v trickle charge from battery would be enough but clearly I was wrong.

The Jester of Wibbly:
What battery reading are you getting?

After charge result without load.  Then a result when running your pump when charged (let it run a few minutes before taking a reading).

Then keep a track of the readings without load during the working day to see how much it's loses.

Should give us an idea of what's going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version