UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

V16 controller DE

(1/4) > >>

liphook:
I have put a new shurflo pump and v16 flow controller in my van, but am having a few issues if anyone can advice.

I auto calibrated it and it pumped fine, i cleaned a house and turned flow off with a univalve. Next house i pulled to turn water back on, a small bit of water comes out and then it stops. The display shows DE which i know is a dead end.

I tried raising the calibration to over 60, but it still does the same thing, it will work for a couple of houses and then wont come on again, then after maybe 30 seconds to a minute it will start pumping again,

im thinking maybe its an airlock, so any ideas how i get that out? i have ran it on full power for a few minutes but it hasnt helped.

Perfect Windows:
The way I clear airlocks is to disconnect the hose between the pump and the reel. If it's a hoselock type connector, you'll need a double male connector.

Let water flow out then put your thumb over the end of the hose (or the double male). Let the pressure build up. Then release it. Repeat a few (5-10) times. You may feel and hear air bubbles squeaking their way past your thumb.

There may well be a better way but that method has never failed me.

Vin

Simon Trapani:
I would say you’ve got air in the system which, unlike liquids, compresses & will mess up your calibration. Just crank the controller up to 99, blow all the air through, maybe even back into the tank if you don’t want to waste any, then recalibrate.

Stoots:
Similar to vin but i just loosen the fitting on the pump outlet and run the pump at full until its stops spitting and starts to flow. Bit like bleeding a radiator.

֍Winp®oClean֍:
When you've done the above and fixed it, fit a none-return valve after your tank outlet and you'll cure 90% of air ingress issues. 👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version