This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

liphook

V16 controller DE
« on: April 12, 2024, 05:05:22 pm »
I have put a new shurflo pump and v16 flow controller in my van, but am having a few issues if anyone can advice.

I auto calibrated it and it pumped fine, i cleaned a house and turned flow off with a univalve. Next house i pulled to turn water back on, a small bit of water comes out and then it stops. The display shows DE which i know is a dead end.

I tried raising the calibration to over 60, but it still does the same thing, it will work for a couple of houses and then wont come on again, then after maybe 30 seconds to a minute it will start pumping again,

im thinking maybe its an airlock, so any ideas how i get that out? i have ran it on full power for a few minutes but it hasnt helped.

Perfect Windows

Re: V16 controller DE
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 05:21:27 pm »
The way I clear airlocks is to disconnect the hose between the pump and the reel. If it's a hoselock type connector, you'll need a double male connector.

Let water flow out then put your thumb over the end of the hose (or the double male). Let the pressure build up. Then release it. Repeat a few (5-10) times. You may feel and hear air bubbles squeaking their way past your thumb.

There may well be a better way but that method has never failed me.

Vin

Simon Trapani

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 05:50:03 pm »
I would say you’ve got air in the system which, unlike liquids, compresses & will mess up your calibration. Just crank the controller up to 99, blow all the air through, maybe even back into the tank if you don’t want to waste any, then recalibrate.

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 07:00:16 pm »
Similar to vin but i just loosen the fitting on the pump outlet and run the pump at full until its stops spitting and starts to flow. Bit like bleeding a radiator.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 08:31:07 pm »
When you've done the above and fixed it, fit a none-return valve after your tank outlet and you'll cure 90% of air ingress issues. 👍
Comfortably Numb!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 10:26:56 pm »
Not needed imo. He’s just got air in the system when he changed the pump.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 10:43:25 pm »
When you've done the above and fixed it, fit a none-return valve after your tank outlet and you'll cure 90% of air ingress issues. 👍

that just for stoots  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

liphook

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 10:54:11 pm »
I would say you’ve got air in the system which, unlike liquids,  compresses & will mess up your calibration. Just crank the controller up to 99, blow all the air through, maybe even back into the tank if you don’t want to waste any, then recalibrate.

It’s not really spitting when in use. The stream is like normal but you can see small bubbles on the glass when rinsing which made me think of air!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 10:54:31 am »
I think you’ve got some air stuck somewhere along the system or reel hose. You just need to crank it up to 99 on the controller to blow it through for a few minutes. It’ll just be stuck there if you run your controller at 30 odd & affect the calibration.

liphook

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2024, 02:43:01 pm »
I think you’ve got some air stuck somewhere along the system or reel hose. You just need to crank it up to 99 on the controller to blow it through for a few minutes. It’ll just be stuck there if you run your controller at 30 odd & affect the calibration.

I have disconnected from reel and tun on full for a minute or so, will see how I get on , on wednesday

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2024, 11:57:51 pm »

I have disconnected from reel and tun on full for a minute or so, will see how I get on , on wednesday

why Wednesday ? - test it on your house today - just so its ready
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2024, 05:04:06 pm »
If the Controller is showing the flo rate on the display when this happens then as above air in the system is the likely cause.

If the controller is displaying DE unexpectedly and the univalve is fully open. Set the flow rate to your preferred flo then run auto cal  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udPoK_2PGg&t=32s
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Simon Trapani

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 07:06:39 pm »
Any update?🫤

liphook

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2024, 07:16:34 pm »
Any update?🫤

i got the air out i think but now battery needs replacing, so hopefully on that tomorrow

liphook

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2024, 05:48:39 pm »
Used my system again today and was a lot better. There is still air in the system but only had De message twice while using it.

When I say air…..it’s not spitting, but when I rinse I can see small bubbles running down the glass. On my intake there is a hozelock connection, can these let air into the pump or are they ok?

Simon Trapani

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2024, 06:39:29 pm »
I would use John Guest fittings where possible.

Don Kee

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2024, 09:43:15 pm »
Used my system again today and was a lot better. There is still air in the system but only had De message twice while using it.

When I say air…..it’s not spitting, but when I rinse I can see small bubbles running down the glass. On my intake there is a hozelock connection, can these let air into the pump or are they ok?

If it’s air, then the cause is probably before the pumps. (Checks your inlet connections, tighten any jubilee clips etc…)
After the pumps are usually leak issues.

Ggh

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2024, 06:48:23 am »
How much water in the tank? Is it super hilly where you are? This can allow air into the shystem.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2024, 03:13:46 pm »
We have those QR shut off female connectors on our van ports.

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/quick-release-metal-hose-plug-with-hose-barb-3132

The one was so much trouble barely opening that I removed the inside stop. The other connector for the second hose reel plays up occasionally.

When they play up even when the male QR connector is pushed in fully, they only let a limited amount of water through, kicking off the controller's dead end.

Over the years, we have had the same issue with a couple of Hozelok stop connectors.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)