This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alank

Slickest brush from gardiners?
« on: April 10, 2024, 04:41:13 pm »
which brush has least resistance on the glass when scrubbing?
I currently use medium mixed extreme brushes but after a while i find that they do not glide over the glass as they do when new and it takes more effort to clean.
would a stiffer brush be better?
Out of the extreme range of brushes which one would drag less on the glass and hence require least effort to use?
I use cold water and only warm in the winter so brush distortion should not be an issue. Also i rinse on the glass.
I know i could email Alex and ask but just putting it out there.

dd

Re: Slickest brush from gardiners?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 07:30:16 pm »
I find the supreme flocked glides over glass the smoothest. I also find it does a good job of scrubbing dirt. Been my main brush the last 2 or 3 years.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 07:43:41 pm »
I find the DuPont/Tapertec and flocked brushes create the most friction on the glass but that's just the bristles doing their job.
My experience has been that the slicker the brush feels on the glass the less well the brush is cleaning the glass. This isn't a problem on reasonably clean glass that's frequently cleaned, However, on glass that's less frequently cleaned and thus a little dirtier I prefer a brush that scrubs a bit better.
My current favourite is a flocked Xtreme that's I've cut down from a sill to a normal brush.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

dd

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 07:54:56 pm »
What you say makes sense M&C but I find the flocked brushes require less effort, they definitely glide over the glass easier in my experience.

Previously I was using the supreme dupont. Also tried the sl dupont and again found the sl flocked glides over glass easier.

Sometimes I use the extreme hybrid, but the easiest brush to use overall for me is the supreme flocked.

Slacky

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 08:01:11 pm »
Which is why a flocked brush by definition cannot be the smoothest.

dd

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 05:06:02 pm »
It is probably to do with the splay of the bristles. The dupont bristles splay less.

the king

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 08:04:59 pm »
i work on the coast and best brushes are flocked they clean the quickest and feel nice on the glass the ultmate flocked is my go to brush