This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

I make myself laugh
« on: April 10, 2024, 11:26:34 am »
This perked up my day

Cleaning a house

Woman came out over road can I have a quote.

No problem, I'll come over when I've done this house.

Goes and gets a pen out of van, walk across road.

I'm counting windows talking to myself as i walk over...8 quid front, 2 quid side, let's look at  look at back....oh there's a garage no back acces no thanks  :D

Jumped back into van giggling to myself and drove off  ;D

KS Cleaning

Re: I make myself laugh
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 11:37:13 am »
If it’s across the road, couldn’t you have offered her a front only ‘premium’ price?

High-Tower

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 12:42:45 pm »
Should have quoted fronts only, I’ve quite a few who leave the garage unlocked for me same as leaving the gate unlocked, no big deal.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 01:21:26 pm »
you have a weird sense of humour  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 01:26:35 pm »
Yeh, sod that. Sooner or later they’ll want the back doing.

And as for going through garages🙄Hose catches on bikes etc pulling them over. Nightmare. No thanks. Not for all the tea in china.

zesty

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 02:00:40 pm »
You could of just put a decent price in and see how it went…?

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 05:14:24 pm »
As it was 'across the road', I would have had a look inside the garage and see if she is prepared to leave a key out under the bin. ,
I have a few of these and rarely a problem, if there is a problem, then half price fronts and all is good.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2024, 06:07:04 pm »
This perked up my day

Cleaning a house

I'm counting windows talking to myself as i walk over...8 quid front, 2 quid side, let's look at  look at back....oh there's a garage no back acces no thanks  :D

No wonder you have a high turnover of customers....🤣

You have no people skills whatsoever.if I didn't fancy the job I would of just told her politely no thanks rather than rudely driving off.

Your always moaning about having to drive a lot as your work is spaced out and not compact.

It's foolish to turn down work that's just over the road from other jobs.this is how you build your round up to be a fantastic compact run (over time)....
price higher/work harder!

Ascjim

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024, 08:59:40 am »
This perked up my day

Cleaning a house

You have no people skills whatsoever.if I didn't fancy the job I would of just told her politely no thanks rather than rudely driving off.

Your always moaning about having to drive a lot as your work is spaced out and not compact.

It's foolish to turn down work that's just over the road from other jobs.this is how you build your round up to be a fantastic compact run (over time)....

I agree, the OP was very rude where it wasn't just.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 09:07:49 am »
What a strange attitude.

Besides just being a decent helpful bloke - practically - just set out your stall.

"I only do regular unannounced work madam - I have several jobs like yours where I clean the front and accessible sides every time and the backs of you can let me through if you are in. I don't prearrange times or days. Does that work for you?"

Even in my 'flounce' days I wouldn't have treated her like that.
It's a game of three halves!

DJW

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2024, 11:31:50 am »
Have you given up flouncing these days? Hope you haven’t started mincing..

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2024, 05:37:43 pm »
This perked up my day

Cleaning a house

I don't want pita jobs mate, I find this job boring enough without adding more work I don't want to do. My round is fine can't remember moaning about it not being compact I'm never more than a minute away from my next job.

Granted it was rude but then again I can't say no so I would have probably agreed to do the job then not turned up.

Either way I found it amusing

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2024, 05:54:18 pm »
This perked up my day

Cleaning a house

I don't want pita jobs mate, I find this job boring enough without adding more work I don't want to do. My round is fine can't remember moaning about it not being compact I'm never more than a minute away from my next job.

Granted it was rude but then again I can't say no so I would have probably agreed to do the job then not turned up.

There's nothing pita about a front only job right near other work that's why I can still earn very good hourly rates(even on  my cheaper compact estate work)with minimal van moves.😃👍

I prefer to be honest and straight with people (rather than let people down I'll just say I don't want to take the job on)
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2024, 05:59:41 pm »
I probably take on 1 in every 10 enquiries these days, residential jobs have literally gotta be perfect for me to even consider adding to the round these days.

That said I’d never just ignore someone like that. Atleast just say sorry it’s not a job for me.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2024, 06:36:24 pm »
Have you given up flouncing these days? Hope you haven’t started mincing..

I used to enjoy a good flounce. But someone on here tactfully suggested I try and politely train customers to do things my way.

1. It works by and large.
2. I enjoy my work more.
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 07:25:44 pm »
I probably take on 1 in every 10 enquiries these days, residential jobs have literally gotta be perfect for me to even consider adding to the round these days.

That said I’d never just ignore someone like that. Atleast just say sorry it’s not a job for me.

I would then have to knock on the door and explain why i didnt want to do it

It was easier for me to just walk away and not have to put myself in an uncomfortable position....i guess thats the underlying reason.

the fact i found it amusing i cant explain lol

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2024, 07:27:22 pm »
This perked up my day

Cleaning a house

There's nothing pita about a front only job right near other work that's why I can still earn very good hourly rates(even on  my cheaper compact estate work)with minimal van moves.😃👍

I prefer to be honest and straight with people (rather than let people down I'll just say I don't want to take the job on)

Maybe, offering front only didnt really cross my mind tbh but ive got too much work as it is im really not that bothered at all

Simon Trapani

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2024, 10:01:16 pm »
Yeh, you should have manned up & just said you didn’t want to do it. It is hard but you get used to it.