This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rich fraser

50mm transfer hose
« on: March 25, 2024, 03:41:59 pm »
Can anyone one recommend a good quality 50mm reinforced transfer hose from static ibc to tank in van? My storage tank is 1 meter off the ground and uses no transfer pump just gravity to fill the van. Last 2 hoses I’ve used have developed splits pretty quickly so looking to find a better quality product.

AuRavelling79

Re: 50mm transfer hose
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 03:50:22 pm »
Can anyone one recommend a good quality 50mm reinforced transfer hose from static ibc to tank in van? My storage tank is 1 meter off the ground and uses no transfer pump just gravity to fill the van. Last 2 hoses I’ve used have developed splits pretty quickly so looking to find a better quality product.

I use 1.25" transfer hose which can be used via gravity (tank one) or pump (tanks two and three.)

It's a ribbed green hose which occasionally develops a split from where it rubs the ground or loops over a fence top.

I just gaffer tape it and eventually buy a mender and rejoin it where it splits. After about four splits I replace the whole length. (8 metres)  ;D

I just get mine from a generic industrial hose supplier in Avonmouth - Bristol.
It's a game of three halves!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 04:38:28 pm »
I use a 1" heavy duty one from Machine Mart. They do supply a 2" one.
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/1in-reinforced-hose/
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

rich fraser

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 04:50:11 pm »

How long has that hose lasted you so far?

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 05:22:26 pm »
Looks to be the stuff we use - 2 years and still going strong - but it is clipped to the wall apart from the last 4 meters
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

rich fraser

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 05:47:57 pm »
Looks to be the stuff we use - 2 years and still going strong - but it is clipped to the wall apart from the last 4 meters

That’s a great idea. I think I’ll do that with the next hose. Thanks

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 08:20:29 pm »
Varitech sell some transfer hose, lasted me 24 years so very good

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 11:56:07 pm »

How long has that hose lasted you so far?

Not sure but I've had it since well before the pandemic. It is an 18m length and is not fixed. It lays in the garden in all weather and is regularly pulled down the garden to the car park at the rear of my house. Only this last year have I started to have to do some repairs to it. I put a double layer of electrical tape on first as it stretches into the grooves nicely and then duct tape over the top. I recon another year or so and I'll be looking to replace it. I also don't leave it full of water when the temps drop below zero in winter.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Bungle

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 09:05:23 am »
Pure Freedom sell 2" hose and a petrol pump type trigger that you can lock and leave to fill your tank. Make sure you keep an eye on it though as I've flooded my van a couple of times.
We look at them, they look through them.

harleyman

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2024, 05:13:28 pm »
I not worried customers a re lazey that's why where here   ;D

robert mitchell

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2024, 04:46:09 pm »
https://www.fueltankshop.co.uk/self-3000-manual-diesel-hose-nozzle-kit/p7724

The stuff above is what i use coupled with this pump https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ecp15a1-15-electric-centrifugal-pump/

Fills the tank in minutes (700 litre but normally use about 500, hose is pretty much bullet proof as its meant for fuel .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

michael mckeary

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2024, 01:50:30 pm »
Thanks mate, just bought the 6metre Delivery Hose. All in it was £90 odds and will save alot of time trying to fill up each night. 👍