van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Re: Building a large window cleaning business
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2024, 06:01:27 pm »
That’s a disgusting thing to say, no-one else was thinking that.

Smudger

« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2024, 06:34:20 pm »
That’s a disgusting thing to say, no-one else was thinking that.

Really 🧐
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2024, 01:04:03 am »
 ;D Joke. 

Smudger

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2024, 10:54:39 am »
Sarcasm 😜
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2024, 04:28:57 pm »
Mrs Window Cleaner is currently on holiday, for a few days, with her son, so it's just me and the dog at home and the bed to myself (that is me and my bulldog Florence).
I have to say that I am enjoying the single bed life; having the bed to myself is really very relaxing, comfortable and peaceful.
However, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I miss her farting, fidgeting and snoring, so luckily for me she'll be home in a few days!   :'(
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

michael mckeary

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2024, 09:04:39 pm »
I retired from Fire Service and 6 years ago I started cleaning my windows and a neighbour because our windy fell off his ladder and never came back. After a year I had 20 customers but being a joiner I also did odd jobs. Started advertising my window cleaning and I got good customers all over the place. At the beginning it wasn't worth my while driving 8 miles to do one clean but I wasn't doing anything else and already had the van. Fairly soon that one customer got me a few more neighbours and now I have 10 in that estate. After studying window cleaners that were doing well on the forums I decided to copy them. Saved up an got a hotwater system fitted in my van and went on a few courses. Now I have 100 good customers and had to cancel all my advertising because I have too much work. I don't see the point of going over the Vat threshold nor employing anyone. I am now at my optimum level and want to stay at that level. I admire folk who have many vans on the road but they seem stressed out worrying about employees.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2024, 06:52:00 am »
100 customers? That’s not even 10 days average work on my round!

Stoots

« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2024, 08:23:35 am »

4 on my round  ;D

I can only imagine the guy lives in some wonderfull southern village with massive houses.

deeege

« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2024, 10:30:47 am »
I only have 140 customers too and am completely full  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

AuRavelling79

« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2024, 05:50:52 pm »

Depends on the size of the customer. Let's just go with £25 average on a monthly cycle. £2500. Add the bloke's Fire Service Pension.

Plodding around at £250 a day for 10 days a month plus his pension. Chatting to the ladies. 'I used to be a fireman, I can handle a pole ...'

Sweet.

It's a game of three halves!

DJW

« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2024, 07:19:52 pm »
The firemen on here seem to handle their hose a lot.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2024, 03:21:04 pm »
Are there any others on here who are trying to build a large residential window cleaning business?  i.e 1 million pound turnover

yep i'm working my way there...

not as quickly as i'd like though  ;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Frankybadboy

« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2024, 04:38:25 pm »
So you started young enough - you’ve got a good 15 years in you yet so really no need to expand

I only started windows at 44 so I needed expand to protect my future

15 years?he's only 43!he's got at least 25 years til 68 until he gets his state pension and then he might carry on working for another few years.

The guy I used to work for in 1992 only retired last year at 75 and only because he was forced to.another guy I know is still working at 80(he started up as a window cleaner aged 18)

62 years window cleaning!he says he's no plans to fully retire yet.👍

Daz some people don’t want to work til they’re that age. You will out of necessity, some people plan a different course of events for that stage of their lives.

I’ve got 2 - 3 months left to do then I’m outta here. I’ve sold my house, I’ve sold my business.

In three months I’m going away for a month to the sun then off to British Columbia to be with Laura. We’ll both have something to occupy us for three days a week each. Rest of the time we’ll be living a comfortable life in a great environment and travelling the world. Figi first probably for Christmas then we’ll see what 2025 brings.

I don't blame you mate.you ve aged terribly over the last few years.i was shocked at how old you look these days....I thought you were in your 70s already!😦😦

lol  ;D ;D ;D

That's funny!

Looks like I need to buy some more baked beans I guess ;)

i can see way you was chased out of keynsham  ;D ;D ;D ;D

michael mckeary

« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2024, 08:10:37 pm »
101 now, picked up a new one today. Don't like to rush into things as I do other work. Don't advertise now, it means I usually get new customers when they see me out cleaning. I have 6 or so that I just tell them to call me when they want their windows cleaned, bigger money ones and I don't count them as customers. At the end of the day its still money coming in.

Samuel Acquah

« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:41 am »
Well if you (or anyone reading) do decide to expand, I'm selling my rounds in Stoke on Trent at a reasonable price.

sa.exteriorcleaning@outlook.com.

I'm new on the forum so please let me know if this is considered spam and I'll remove it.

Slacky

« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2024, 04:37:31 pm »
So you started young enough - you’ve got a good 15 years in you yet so really no need to expand

I only started windows at 44 so I needed expand to protect my future

15 years?he's only 43!he's got at least 25 years til 68 until he gets his state pension and then he might carry on working for another few years.

The guy I used to work for in 1992 only retired last year at 75 and only because he was forced to.another guy I know is still working at 80(he started up as a window cleaner aged 18)

62 years window cleaning!he says he's no plans to fully retire yet.👍

Daz some people don’t want to work til they’re that age. You will out of necessity, some people plan a different course of events for that stage of their lives.

I’ve got 2 - 3 months left to do then I’m outta here. I’ve sold my house, I’ve sold my business.

In three months I’m going away for a month to the sun then off to British Columbia to be with Laura. We’ll both have something to occupy us for three days a week each. Rest of the time we’ll be living a comfortable life in a great environment and travelling the world. Figi first probably for Christmas then we’ll see what 2025 brings.

I don't blame you mate.you ve aged terribly over the last few years.i was shocked at how old you look these days....I thought you were in your 70s already!😦😦

lol  ;D ;D ;D

That's funny!

Looks like I need to buy some more baked beans I guess ;)

i can see way you was chased out of keynsham  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Be leaving the country soon too  ;D ;D

Ggh

« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2024, 08:39:59 am »
Well if you (or anyone reading) do decide to expand, I'm selling my rounds in Stoke on Trent at a reasonable price.

sa.exteriorcleaning@outlook.com.

I'm new on the forum so please let me know if this is considered spam and I'll remove it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOnqBFYSQK0

Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day