Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Graeme@Access

Van Frost heating
« on: February 28, 2024, 08:45:47 am »
Hi,

How do you deal with keeping the gear from freezing when its chilly outside? There are no options to run power to the van so it would need to be self contained and just keep the machines, hoses and tools >0°C.

I have toyed with the idea of building a pir lined box or lid(cold floor), but i dunno if there is just an easy wee blanket you could wire off a leisure battery.

Would really appreciate your ideas and hope you have a belter of a day today  ;)

Thanks

Graeme

Mr Dvae

Re: Van Frost heating
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 06:19:05 am »
Eberspacher or webasto heater

Graeme@Access

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 08:38:13 pm »
Thanks for that i have had a look at kits and they seem ideal if a bit pricey. There are ones on amazon for £70 that look a very efficient way of setting the van on fire.

Red_Panda

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 09:57:20 pm »
The diesel heater is too loud for where I keep our van. Just finished insulating it better than our house. Now we heat it with a tube frost heater and a power bank. We charge the power bank at the first job of the day. Works well.

Ian_Miller

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 04:33:12 pm »
A mains powered 120 watt 60cm/2 ft bar heater running from a 300 watt inverter (oversized to reduce strain) connected to a leisure battery of 120Ah will run for 10 hours before inverter shuts off.  Best way of doing it when you know it’s going to be well below freezing is to use/run van with heater on to warm up contents.  The residual heat will remain helped along by your battery powered heater.  Charge your battery with mains charger or, with special care and knowledge - the cigarette lighter.

Amber51

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 04:58:42 am »
To prevent your van's gear from freezing without power, try a diesel heater like Eberspacher or Webasto, or opt for a quieter tube frost heater powered by a portable battery pack.

Mr Dvae

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 10:22:34 pm »
The diesel heaters are only normall loud when they first start up