van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jon Welch

Advice on cleaning a sealed driveway
« on: January 23, 2024, 06:41:16 pm »
We have a resin bound driveway which we asked the people who laid it several years ago to come and clean it. To cut a long story short, they didn’t clean it properly and sealed over the drive again with it still dirty. The end result is a visual mess. When we refused payment, they became verbally aggressive and refused to sort the problem.

We have found a local Company who say that can clean the drive for us but we are concerned about the chemical sealant which has been put over the dirt on the drive. I have attached data sheets from the resin supplier. The local Company are suggesting they use the DOFF/Thermatech steam cleaning system to clean the drive but I am looking for a second opinion as to whether this will be able to remove the chemical sealant before being able to clean the dirt beneath. 

Does anyone think this is likely to work or are the local Company exploiting us into paying for something that won’t be possible ?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jon

Smudger

Re: Advice on cleaning a sealed driveway
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 03:23:41 pm »
You should or be ok with doff/thermatch  - sometimes in conjunction with a chemical like caustic soda - you have 2 routes - actually ring the resin manufacturer for best removal - I have always found the makers helpful

Second get the local company to clean a small area (up to 1 meter sq) to see the results  - this will be a small charge which should be refunded when all the job is completed
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Jon Welch

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 06:48:25 pm »
Thanks for your reply.

We rang the resin manufacturer (The Resin Mill) but they said the sealant couldn't be removed and we would have to rip up the drive and have a new one laid. The local company also said they would try a test area first but wanted £250 to do this. This sounded a lot for just a test area, especially if it didn't work which is why I was asking around for a second opinion.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 09:55:16 pm »
Believe me that’s a decent price

What’s a new drive ? £8 k

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 10:00:26 pm »
So they sealed over with resin not a sealer?

If that’s the case you could be out of luck as it’s fused with the original - your best recourse would be household insurance for bad workmanship