van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clean Cloth

Starling banking app
« on: November 28, 2023, 04:38:58 pm »
I have been using the Starling banking app for over a year and when a payment is made I am notified straight away whether I am at home with wifi or out at work where I assume I am not connected to the internet,
I always get a DD payment on a Sunday night and this week I did not and my phone and internet were not working at home. When the service resumed a couple of days later the payment arrived.

Do I need to be connected to the internet to get notifications of a payment received?

Simon Trapani

Re: Starling banking app
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 04:45:32 pm »
I would guess so!

CleanClear

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 10:15:00 pm »
I have a Starling bank account too, probably same dance as you App on my phone. And like you say... its sends a 'ping' when you get a payment. Or used to, its never done this now for over a year. No idea whats changed, i've never changed my notification settings. Short answer is no i don't get notifications anymore.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

CleanClear

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 10:20:53 pm »
I am notified straight away whether I am at home with wifi or out at work where I assume I am not connected to the internet,

And just to clarify this point, if you are out at work where you 'assume you're not connected to the internet' . Then you really need to understand your phone/contract and whats happening. Most phone/contracts now include 'data'.. so short story is when you are not on your home wifi, you do have mobile data for internet access, or probably do.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Clean Cloth

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 08:41:38 am »
I wonder why you no longer get notifications.

I only bought a smart phone so that I could use the Starling app so am not all that familiar with it.
I am on PAYG with 1p and it appears that I do get mobile data, thanks.