van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomSE

Pain in left side of stomach
« on: November 10, 2023, 01:00:39 pm »
Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone has had a similar pain as to what I’m experiencing and if so what it was. Wondering if it is work related.

For a few years now I’ve had a pain that comes and goes usually there for half a day or sometimes longer then goes for a week or so. It’s an ache that is located roughly an inch lower than belly button & two inches to the left.

I have been doctors and currently being tested with ultrasound, blood test & stool sample but wondered if this could be a hernia / muscle pain from our type of work? 
Or if anyone has a food allergy that this has happened to as well. Or from caffeine / alcohol / bread etc.

Any suggestions welcome. For reference I’m fairly fit, decent diet and 32 so am hoping nothing serious but of course that’s in the back of my mind.

Cheers, Tom

AuRavelling79

Re: Pain in left side of stomach
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 01:05:01 pm »
No experience here but I know of a friend and of a relative who have had hernias and I wonder if a hernia might be developing?

What does the doc say?
It's a game of three halves!

DJW

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 01:29:09 pm »
I went to the docs this morning. She said “take all your clothes off please” I said “Where shall I put them?” She said “over there, on top of mine”

Sorry can’t help.

TomSE

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 01:35:08 pm »
Cheers AuRavelling79 yeah I did suspect it could be that. Just strange that it’s been on and off for a few years and hasn’t actually ever stayed around for more than a few days. I do lift weights as well and there’s no real correlation between heavy lifting and it flaring up. A strange one.

No indication from doctors as yet as to what it could be but waiting on results in the 2 weeks.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 04:17:19 pm »
Sounds like this is a question for the doctor not a bunch of Neanderthal windows cleaners , hope you get it sorted out .

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 04:48:24 pm »
As Splash n dash says best visit your GP as it could be any number of things.

In my case, pain that sounds similar to what you are describing turned out to be very small kidney stones making their way from one of my kidneys to my bladder. When I eventually passed them the pain stopped.  On one occasion the pain was so bad I was hospitalised for three days. Fortunately I didn't need surgery as with treatment and plenty of fluids I eventually passed that one as well. Thankfully I haven't had a repetition for some time.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023, 07:48:08 pm »
Sounds like this is a question for the doctor not a bunch of Neanderthal windows cleaners , hope you get it sorted out .

How very dare you!? I'm not a Neanderthal window cleaner. I'm a Cro-Magnon  window cleaner.
It's a game of three halves!

DJW

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2023, 08:29:41 pm »
Don’t call me a window cleaner!

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2023, 05:23:23 pm »
I'm not a Neanderthal!
However, I do sometimes clean windows with Neolithic incompetence, does that count?
Your pain seems be located to a specific area, so hopefully you'll be sorted soon.
My only pain seems to be from my arse, but I think my customers are responsible for that!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2023, 05:58:02 pm »
I had that pain exactly where you describe, turned out to be colon cancer, they removed part of the colon just under belly button and to the left. It was not yet metastatic so good  news there. I was 57 at the time tho 5 years ago.