This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

Gutter Facia Clean Nozzle
« on: November 02, 2023, 10:30:51 am »
I usually just used Virosol & Brush when cleaning Facias.      Has anyone a link to the fitting you can add onto your Pole  after removing the Brush ,   Ive seen on videos  it looks like the Pressure Nozzle ideal  for Rinsing on Facia

Spruce

Re: Gutter Facia Clean Nozzle
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 12:13:15 pm »
I usually just used Virosol & Brush when cleaning Facias.      Has anyone a link to the fitting you can add onto your Pole  after removing the Brush ,   Ive seen on videos  it looks like the Pressure Nozzle ideal  for Rinsing on Facia

Try https://www.da-components.com/
They are in Yarm
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Mattymarske

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 06:35:27 pm »
I drilled the screw holes on a quikloq brush socket and epoxied 2 brass fanjets into them. Seems to do the business. Usually when applying the chems from a Big boy back pack I just connect up 1 of the fans but rinsing you can use 2.

Also helpful on shallow sloping lean to Conny roofs so you're not supporting brush weight as well on a slow thorough rinse.

Mattymarske

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 06:41:44 pm »

Mattymarske

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 06:45:55 pm »

Made one for screw thread brush socket as well so could use the gardiner longer gooseneck bolt and have brush and sprayer but haven't really used it lol

Phil J

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 06:44:59 am »
Just mix up the appropriate chemical put it in a backpack and apply with a standard water-fed pole with fan jets. We use a couple of old Gardiner Supreme brushes,  Flocked and Tapertec, the bristles are long enough to get in all the nooks and crannies.

simon w

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 11:29:38 am »
On non porous materials such as PVC you can lose a lot of chemical by spraying at height as it just runs straight off and hasn't as much opportunity to dwell on the surface and dissolve grime .  A light flocked brush holds the chemical and allows better coverage especially if detergent is present in your mix as a surfactant.  A pre spray doesn't hurt before working chemicals in via brush and backpack , dwell then rinse, then go over again where needed. But spray & rinse with no agitation from a brush is rarely enough to finish job to acceptable standard.   

Mattymarske

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 07:14:28 pm »
Definitely agree with this, if there was a single pass chemical that does the business with no agitation they'd be into a winner. Always use a splash of razrglide detergent to help as a surfactant. And long bristled flicked brush like the old green unger ones or supreme flocked is ideal for the gutter brackets.

Splash and dash do you need to agitate much with hypo on your plastic cleans or does it fairly melt the grime away?

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2023, 07:21:15 pm »
Definitely agree with this, if there was a single pass chemical that does the business with no agitation they'd be into a winner. Always use a splash of razrglide detergent to help as a surfactant. And long bristled flicked brush like the old green unger ones or supreme flocked is ideal for the gutter brackets.

Splash and dash do you need to agitate much with hypo on your plastic cleans or does it fairly melt the grime away?

Yes we give it a light scrub but far less than would be needed if using a de greaser , hypo makes it translucent and yes it goes like mush one pass usually with the brush is all that’s needed and a good rinse with garden hose

mark m

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2023, 09:19:16 pm »