This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dreamclean

Hot water v cold
« on: March 28, 2004, 11:58:15 am »
Has anyone used hot water fed poles and if so would they mind sharing their thoughts on them.

Many Thanks

David

stevekennedy

Re: Hot water v cold
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 07:14:45 pm »
We are using a thermopure from ionic. It is excellent on birds dirt and algae etc. V. good for initials. Also we are finding it dries significantly quicker. We had shifted back to cold for a while and were getting spots when the weather was windy. We have gone back to the hot and spotting has been reduced.

On a calm day, with no bird dirt etc, and on windows you clean regularly, I think cold would be fine. But it is windy a lot up here!

choice.clean

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 11:34:02 pm »
try your local caravan shop myself and a friend have both had hot water heaters fitted from caravans and they work fine evidently the pumps ionic sell are the same as used for caravan showers. i don,t use the heater a lot but it has kept me going in the winter on a cold morning. the only problem i encounter is that water flow drops. but a plumber friend suggested i drill out the pipe the water comes out from. haven,t tried it yet though. also used all the same kit hoses and poles as usual. it could be very usefull if you do alot of fascias and gutters

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 01:10:43 pm »
Hi Choice Clean,

Ionic's pumps may look similar but are of a different specification. When pumping and heating pure water as opposed to tap water there are significant factors to take into account if the water is to reach the window at zero ppm.

best regards

Craig Mawlam

The_Fed_Man

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 08:16:42 pm »
Steve,

Do you find a difference on salt?
Martin Warman
Executive Council Member N.F.M.W & G.C.
www.nfmwgc.com

stevekennedy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 09:21:14 pm »
I'm working in a village tomorrow. It is right on the clifftop. It is also next door to a quarry. The windows are always filthy. I think it may be a combination of the salt and the dust from the quarry.

Last time, they came up perfect. Hot water thru the brush. This time I will try cold on some and hot on others and check difference. Wind is off the east tomorrow so might be some salt in the air.

I know that a spoonful of salt will dissolve quicker in a glass of hot water than in cold. So I would think it does make a difference. I shall see tomorrow.

choice.clean

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 08:39:26 am »
mayvbe the pumps i've had from stream could be used instead we haven't had any problems with the hot water using these and have used for nearly 2 years without a fault on them come in nice removable boxes too so you can disconnect on freezing nights :-*

stevekennedy

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 06:18:49 pm »
Wasn't a breath of wind in the end. I tried two houses with hot and then two with cold. The hot dissolved the dirt a bit quicker and used less water. Also the drip down time was greatly reduced  ??? The cold took about 2 hours to dry. The hot took 30-45 mins. The hot left one, maybe two, small spots per window. The cold one or two more. Not really a fair test as there was no wind. But I will keep trying.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 02:40:27 am »
I'm working in a village tomorrow. It is right on the clifftop. It is also next door to a quarry. The windows are always filthy. I think it may be a combination of the salt and the dust from the quarry.

Last time, they came up perfect. Hot water thru the brush. This time I will try cold on some and hot on others and check difference. Wind is off the east tomorrow so might be some salt in the air.

I know that a spoonful of salt will dissolve quicker in a glass of hot water than in cold. So I would think it does make a difference. I shall see tomorrow.

I would think it would be better if the salt didn't dissolve in the water?  My reason on thinking this is if it didn't dissolve it would be washed off the glass much easier, like dust etc.?  When it dissolves some of it will be left on the windows mixed in the water that is left?

Peter

stevekennedy

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2004, 04:12:21 pm »
Interesting! I thought the concept of pure water is that it absorbs the dirt, minerals, salt etc. That the water is somehow "hungry"  ??? Then you rinse away this dirty water with more pure water to leave a clean window  ??? Maybe I've got it wrong, but this is how it's being promoted.

The salt doesn't seem to form crystals like table salt, more of a thin film. If you apply any water to it, you will dissolve at least some of it, polluting the water. Surely better to make sure you dissolve ALL of it, then rinse. Then, perhaps you would stand best chance of leaving the windows spot free   :-/

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 05:45:58 pm »
I was just guessing, we don't have to deal with salt where I am.  If it were like dust particles they wouldn't dissolve in the water, they would just be washed away.

Peter

stevekennedy

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 08:39:06 pm »
This could be a problem where I live. I'll keep checking the salt on the windows and experimenting.

Up till now I have been getting decent results but it has not been that windy when doing the village. I think when the wind is off the sea the problem would be, not the salt that is present when you start cleaning, but the salt that is in the air  :-/

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2004, 07:17:14 pm »
If you are attending the N.F.M.W.C Show in Hanover Hotel, Hinckly on Saturday 24th April 2004.

You can see for yourself hands on, we will be demonstrating the benefits of The Ionic Thermo pure Reach & Wash System.

Look forward to seeing you at the show.

kind regards

Reuben