van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

murf64

certificate of Competency
« on: May 25, 2023, 06:18:12 pm »
Help anybody been asked for a certificate of competency before one of my contracts has asked me to supply one have no idea

Spruce

Re: certificate of Competency
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 06:45:01 pm »
Help anybody been asked for a certificate of competency before one of my contracts has asked me to supply one have no idea

Many years ago, we got an NVQ in window cleaning. We enrolled for this as we were once asked if we knew how to clean windows, despite having worked for the council for a number of years. Apparently a track record wasn't good enough.

We were never asked to see our certification by the council but started to lose our jobs one at a time.  The reason was that we needed to provide bank statements dating back 5 years showing that we were a 2 million a year business. Our public liability insurance was for 2 million, they wanted 10 million.

I was discussing this with our neighbour a while back, and they threw the same requirement at him. He runs a recycling business.

I stopped wasting my time looking for work with our local council.

At one time, the flavour of the month was ISO9001 and many businesses wouldn't deal with companies who didn't have that accreditation or at least working toward it.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

matthewprice

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 07:23:18 pm »
Did the nvq certification with ionics took a day . Needed it once for a housing association. Other than that no one has asked for it

windowswashed

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 08:34:34 pm »
Commercials like to see and photograph your public liability insurance before working on their buildings

robbo333

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 09:03:28 am »
 :'(

Tell them you lost it, when you fell off a ladder, whilst breaking a window!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 09:29:34 am »
:'(

Tell them you lost it, when you fell off a ladder, whilst breaking a window!  ;D

...and  landing on a pram with twins in it.
It's a game of three halves!

Ascjim

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 09:54:57 am »
Reply n / a.