Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Orbital vs rotary on commercial carpet.

2nd hand Rotary lowspeed keeping backup kit

0 (0%)
Orbital mentioned in the post selling backup kit

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

James hocking

Orbital vs rotary
« on: April 21, 2023, 04:03:32 pm »
Hiya all,

I don't get many commercial jobs in but recently did one last Saturday.

200 square meters over 2 floors with a typical 2 part staircase with small landings.

Typical blue poly carpet tiles, vacuumed sebo bs36, tm3 with a little spray of shockwave in the traffic areas, then encaped with my Victor sprite 300 and cleanfix for smaller areas using hydro 202.

Looked good, but was a little back-breaking due to having small rotary.

So looking at a bigger rotary or op machine

Now funds are tight and i cant afford a big wheels down obital like a orbot vibe, excelsior43 etc, I can buy a 2nd hand 175 rotary for a couple of hundred quid.

But one big orbital I can afford if I start selling things is the karcher bds43 / orbita with

spray.

https://www.kaercher.com/uk/professional/floor-scrubbers-scrubber-dryers/single-disc-machines/bds-43-orbital-c-spray-12912530.html?utm_source=google-feed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=12912530&utm_name=BDS%2043%2F%20Orbital%20C%20Spray&cid=ps_ggl_performance_max&gclid=CjwKCAjw6IiiBhAOEiwALNqncaSpq7Ot7KmL-PaT9jhxkYBxAXdkbRbpLTltFi3rul6TxbdxDLDPxhoCVbIQAvD_BwE

Now karcher due to the puzzi is not a name that gets recommended in carpet cleaning, but this mc is thr same as the truvox op and sprintas HD orbitals but cheaper and looks like a OK deal?

Better than a 175?  :-\ ....is it worth selling my backup gear to buy one or pick up a 2nd hand numatic/victor/taski lowspeed?

Tia! James

Steve_Knight

Re: Orbital vs rotary
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 09:16:22 am »
Hi James
I have an Orbot SprayBorg if you’re interested?

James hocking

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 09:48:47 am »
Hiya Steve,

Depends on what you want for it?

I haven't got any commercial work planned so in no rush, that's why minimal investment might be better.

Cheers,

James.hocking@tecraclean.com

Darran Pryce

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 04:57:41 pm »
Just get a good weighted 17" rotary with tank. I have a few, and the one I love to use is the cheapest of the two.  Its heavy which is better for encap. New around £800 secondhand around £3-400 Slow speed too. Had mine 5 years and still going strong.  Came with brush and drive board. Viper.

James hocking

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 05:10:22 pm »
Thanks Darren, I just subscribed Tom your YouTube channel!

Just been watching the viper, I visited the karcher showroom but they did not have the orbital on show but they can get one in in 3-4 days.

They also do a 150rpm rotary which looks nice, and it's cheap.

I wouldn't mind buying new and I live close to the showroom so the 12 month back to base warranty would be good.

https://www.kaercher.com/uk/professional/floor-scrubbers-scrubber-dryers/single-disc-machines/bds-43-150-c-classic-12912430.html

Might be better.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 03:19:05 pm »
Hi James

Sorry for the late reply Ive been away.

I was looking for £1000.

Thanks Steve

Darran Pryce

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 06:04:50 pm »
Make sure you buy one with a feed tank.  It's so much quicker than pre spraying.  Even more so if the floor area is huge.

James hocking

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023, 08:59:07 pm »
Thanks Steve, your orbital is worth the money but I bought a 2nd hand taski 238 for £80.

No tank unfortunately but its good condition.

It doesn't matter as I have no commercial work in as yet, struggling to get my foot in the door to places!

Time will tell on this one if I need to carry on with going for a bigger machine or if commercial work is just going to be a small part moving forward.

Narjis

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2023, 08:32:39 pm »
It doesn't matter as I have no commercial work in as yet, struggling to get my foot in the door to places!

Narjis

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2023, 08:35:40 pm »
Some good cleaning services can help to get ride of this