van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

Paul @ George software
« on: March 05, 2023, 06:53:16 pm »
Hi all, I heard on another forum that Paul is very unwell. Does anyone have an update on how he is?
You can't polish a turd

windowswashed

Re: Paul @ George software
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 07:15:26 pm »
I know the website has been removed and a statement displayed website host disappeared and Paul's health is a contribution. Paul's revenue was instantly from the purchase of George but mostly the revenue from users renewing their back ups with Paul. As a will of good gesture I continued to use his back up service for him to maintain his program.

I wish him the best of health going forward into his future.

Den68

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 08:13:41 pm »
Anyone got George software file I never bothered to download it.

Have it installed on my current computer but was going to upgrade my current computer.

Could do with a copy of it.

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 08:29:18 pm »

Have it installed on my current computer but was going to upgrade my current computer.

I not very good with computers,but would you be able to copy it from your PC onto a hard drive and then copy it from hard drive onto new PC ?

Den68

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 09:18:51 pm »

I not very good with computers,but would you be able to copy it from your PC onto a hard drive and then copy it from hard drive onto new PC ?
I’M not great with them either I normally open the file from George website rather than save the programme to hard drive think that’s what I done?
Hope I get a copy of the programme I’m sure someone would have it saved?

Den68

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 09:33:45 pm »

I’M not great with them either I normally open the file from George website rather than save the programme to hard drive think that’s what I done?
Hope I get a copy of the programme I’m sure someone would have it saved?

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 12:45:54 am »
Go on your desktop screen. Go into your download icon or file and copy it to an external hardrive like 'passport' or similar or possibly a USB stick.
Go into new or back up computer and copy the file/program onto your hard disk and then 'open' and 'run' the program, should leave an icon on your desktop for normal use.

Den68

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 07:07:02 am »
Cheers will look at this 👍
Many thanks.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2023, 07:25:28 am »
I downloaded the latest program installs just two weeks ago and stored them away incase the site ever went down.  I have the main install program along with the installer for date restore and data fix. 

With those programs you will never need to worry until it no longer works with windows which will be unlikely.

I will take a look at sharing them on a cloud when I get a few minutes by if anyone interested.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Den68

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2023, 07:57:27 am »
Cheers will look at this 👍
Many thanks.

Had a quick look I have George file in download but not the George fix or the George backup software.
If anyone as copies would they email to me.
Feel ike an idiot not downloading them.

Den68

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2023, 09:23:20 am »
I downloaded the latest program installs just two weeks ago and stored them away incase the site ever went down.  I have the main install program along with the installer for date restore and data fix. 

With those programs you will never need to worry until it no longer works with windows which will be unlikely.

I will take a look at sharing them on a cloud when I get a few minutes by if anyone interested.

That’s be brilliant as I opened them from his website and installed didn’t download them.
Would like all three programmes if you have them
1.George assistant
2. George restore.
3. George fix.

Appreciate that.
Den.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2023, 09:53:28 am »
No worries, drop me your email address and will send them over for you.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2023, 10:40:37 am »
I have made this a 'sticky' topic. Hope Paul is OK. Hope we can help each other with 'George'.
It's a game of three halves!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2023, 12:22:52 pm »
Okay guys,   I've put all the main install files up for you to grab if you want.   Latest George program install,  Data Restore Tool install, and the DataFix install program.  All these files were downloaded just 2 weeks ago from Paul's site.

Anyone using George should make sure you have all these installs to hand if you ever change your  computer or run into problems allowing you to start a fresh uninstall/install.  Hope this helps.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ATdlAqpIj0osRzX7Rcdi7ksF9m0REU36

Den68

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2023, 01:37:19 pm »
Okay guys,   I've put all the main install files up for you to grab if you want.   Latest George program install,  Data Restore Tool install, and the DataFix install program.  All these files were downloaded just 2 weeks ago from Paul's site.

Anyone using George should make sure you have all these installs to hand if you ever change your  computer or run into problems allowing you to start a fresh uninstall/install.  Hope this helps.

you are a legend many thanks really appreicate this mate.

Bungle

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2023, 12:45:36 pm »
I think this thread should be made a sticky for quite a while. I can foresee many people needing the programs who haven't installed them previously.
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2023, 04:25:00 pm »
I think this thread should be made a sticky for quite a while. I can foresee many people needing the programs who haven't installed them previously.

Will do.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2023, 04:40:06 pm »
Also it's gonna be sad that there will be no more new users for George as registration sales are gone for good.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2023, 07:17:45 pm »

I wonder why Paul hasn't left them up for installation?

Denis1975

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2023, 05:13:05 pm »
Go on your desktop screen. Go into your download icon or file and copy it to an external hardrive like 'passport' or similar or possibly a USB stick.
Go into new or back up computer and copy the file/program onto your hard disk and then 'open' and 'run' the program, should leave an icon on your desktop for normal use.
I've just bought a new laptop and tried to copy the .exe file onto a memory stick but it said it can't copy some of its properties. I tried it anyway but it wouldn't open and install on my new laptop :(

I've been using George for about 20yrs . I was shocked when I tried to download George and saw the message on their website.  Poor Paul :(

Are there any decent free window cleaning programs available at all?

Bungle

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2023, 05:31:36 pm »
I've just bought a new laptop and tried to copy the .exe file onto a memory stick but it said it can't copy some of its properties. I tried it anyway but it wouldn't open and install on my new laptop :(

I've been using George for about 20yrs . I was shocked when I tried to download George and saw the message on their website.  Poor Paul :(

I hope you find a way of downloading the file.
We look at them, they look through them.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2023, 10:28:06 am »
I have a feeling you're trying to install George using the a copied over program file, George.exe.

You need to install George first using ginstall.exe

windowswashed

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2023, 07:00:35 pm »

'George' won't work on windows 11 with new computers, have to use windows 10 on the new computers, that's what I done, switched back to windows 10 type operating system.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2023, 07:32:53 pm »

'George' won't work on windows 11 with new computers, have to use windows 10 on the new computers, that's what I done, switched back to windows 10 type operating system.

You have to opt out of Windows 11 S mode as its a safety feature rejecting 3rd party software.  It works fine on my Windows 11.

Ian taf

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2023, 08:33:04 pm »
Can anyone kindly assist me in restoring my George software?
Ive been a registered user since 2009 and have been paying for back up annually. Next back up was to be August 2023. I know Paul has wound the business up, but today my laptop crashed and I have lost the George App with all my customer data, plus the Data restore App.

Can anyone help so I can restore the information I have on my USB drive. Last update to USB was over the bank holiday weekend.

Thanks

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2023, 07:47:39 pm »
Can anyone kindly assist me in restoring my George software?
Ive been a registered user since 2009 and have been paying for back up annually. Next back up was to be August 2023. I know Paul has wound the business up, but today my laptop crashed and I have lost the George App with all my customer data, plus the Data restore App.

Can anyone help so I can restore the information I have on my USB drive. Last update to USB was over the bank holiday weekend.

Thanks

It's easy buddy.  Take a look through the other sticky threads.  Everything is already there for you.

G.BEADLE

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2023, 06:46:31 pm »

Many thanks. Really appreciate your help. 🙏🏼

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2023, 07:00:55 pm »

Many thanks. Really appreciate your help. 🙏🏼

You're welcome, hope you have got everything sorted.

zeontech

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2023, 02:03:33 pm »
Hello 'The Jester of Wibbly" :)

Thank you for creating this download, but it seems i need permission to access the share.
Would you please add my email to the share permissions?

My email is mr.tonylynch@gmail.com

Many thanks
Tony

Cleaning up the world one window at a time

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2023, 02:13:39 pm »
Hello 'The Jester of Wibbly" :)

Thank you for creating this download, but it seems i need permission to access the share.
Would you please add my email to the share permissions?

My email is mr.tonylynch@gmail.com

Many thanks
Tony

No worries, all done for you. 

Steve H

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2024, 06:28:17 pm »
Hi Guys could i be added to the list to get the george software please, i ve tried to download but its asking for permissions.
my email is - stevefheath@gmail.com
I also have windows 11 on a new computer so wanting to move george to that... what other software are people using if not george system, i assume aworka for some and can the data be easily transfered from one to another?
How much a month are people paying for the alternative software, is it worth it?
thanks in advance guys
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.