This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: It's frozen
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2022, 11:03:49 am »
If my WC turned up in this I would send him away.

EandM

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2022, 11:05:10 am »
Saturday starts off at 0c then goes up to 5c - looks nice and hopefully much work will be done.
Sunday: 12c !!
Then rain, lots of rain and gales.

zesty

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2022, 11:09:25 am »
My hose reel is frozen to the core, at least 20m of it is solid.

NWH

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2022, 11:14:58 am »
I have the sound of a Jumbo jet ✈️ on idle outside heating up and cooling down,good luck trying to defrost anything that’s already frozen.

Stoots

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2022, 11:24:08 am »

And you would be another dross customer in the bin then  ;) I messaged all mine last night and no one said a word apart from a couple wishing me luck in this weather.

G Griffin

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2022, 11:36:47 am »

And you would be another dross customer in the bin then  ;) I messaged all mine last night and no one said a word apart from a couple wishing me luck in this weather.
What did your message say?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2022, 11:43:49 am »
Turning up to clean windows in 5-6” of snow 🤣 the stench of desperation fills the room.

NWH

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2022, 11:45:06 am »
What is everyone doing in the better weather have you heard about saving for a rainy day or making hay while the sunshine’s lol.

Bungle

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2022, 11:55:39 am »
Strange how Nigel is on here during the day every day 🤔
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2022, 12:21:51 pm »
Yeah strange isn’t it how I’m on here when I’m looking at thick snow I tell you what there’s no flies on you bungle,you’ll save that 23 notes m8 by not taking the van out and smashing it up.

Jonny 87

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2022, 12:57:13 pm »
Atleast you can kick the wife out of bed to get to her work and be a kept man Nigel. Happy days. 😁
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

deeege

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2022, 01:00:43 pm »
Actually laughing here, thinking of Nigel, with his all singing and dancing heater keeping his water nice and toasty whilst he sits in the house scared of a bit of cold and snow.  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Jonny 87

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2022, 01:02:31 pm »
Even

Even with my hot water system this week is a struggle. I won’t be getting much done.

Today it’s -5 until lunch time, -2 now but it’s still hard going.

At -2 usually I don’t have issues, but after I’ve cleaned the windows they are turning to ice. That normally wouldn’t be bothering me, but with this weeks forecast I’ll be frosting peoples windows for the best part of 5 days. 😂

This is an unusual cold snap even for us in Scotland. Usually it’s -2 and -3s.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Slacky

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2022, 01:10:09 pm »
I was out at the crack of Sparrow this morning.

Don't worry my drum kits heated seat made sure any diesel heated steam powered hot  water defrosted those pesky frozen footpaths, I got well over the going rate for Xmas tips.

Slacky

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2022, 01:13:08 pm »
⬆️ yeah lol I can’t believe people are even bothering in the South East we have 6-8” of snow the last thing on my mind is work.

Im in the SE and we had bugger all.

Bungle

« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2022, 01:29:48 pm »
Yeah strange isn’t it how I’m on here when I’m looking at thick snow I tell you what there’s no flies on you bungle,you’ll save that 23 notes m8 by not taking the van out and smashing it up.

Will you be paying your employee for forcing him to take the day off?
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2022, 01:51:10 pm »
My thoughts exactly. Imo at temps of -3 or less, it’s the leaving puddles of ice that’s the problem and having hot doesn’t solve that problem.

You could fit an immersion.....hot water is much nicer to work with in the winter months even if its above freezing during the day.

Does an immersion stop the water freezing on the ground when it’s -4 or less?

Surely this is the most important thing, I can't think of many houses on my round that wouldn't become a big slip risk if I went ahead and washed the windows. I just don't see it's worth the risk. It'll be over in a week or so.

I have an immersion fitted.

If I feel the need to work I would choose which windows to wash wfp. The front door I might trad clean and then I will use a broom and ice melt on any wet paths.

Obviously if I get below about -2 and if water is freezing on windows I am likely to be less inclined to clean at all.

A lot of my work is in surrounding villages to Bristol. Some is very close to the Severn estuary and some is in Bristol.

It can be minus 3 in the higher outlying villages, minus 1 by the Severn and zero in town. So I work differently depending on where my work is. The colder it is the more I start late/finish early, do trad. on some glass, use ice melt etc. Or not at all.
wimp get out and work you lazy sod

Your words of encouragement have inspired me Franky. So I started at 10.00am. I reckon it's about zero here and so I've carried on using less water than usual (benefit of a tap) and tradded three front doors as a precaution to avoid icy paths.
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2022, 01:54:59 pm »

Was 'luck' a misspelling?  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2022, 01:56:46 pm »

What?! Not extolling the virtues of your hot water system and smugly telling us how easy it is to work Nigel?

DJW

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2022, 02:04:32 pm »
I had a brilliant day.
Worked part time with covid, chucked salt on the windows then brushed it away, drummed up some new work at £350 an hour, dried my socks on my heated seats, drank a flask of boiling water then home by 10.30. Ate some baked beans from a floating tray in the bath then bonked the Mrs.
Loads of tips and I only work part time.
Printed all my slips for 2023 and I only work part time.