This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

Re: backpack
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2022, 10:40:57 pm »
Had two Gardiners backpacks. both only lasted a year with only light use, very disappointing. The cost of a new pump plus postage comes to over half the price of the cheap e bays ones. Ive got two ebay ones which have both lasted longer than  the Gardiners ones for half the price. The difference between them is the cheap e bay ones only have one speed and carry slightly less volume but if your only using for odd windows or applying chemical they're absolutely fine.

robbo333

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2022, 04:09:19 pm »
I've had the Gardiners ones and they are ok, but I'd definitely buy the cheaper ones now.
I don't do many fsg on houses now, but if I do, I just put some chems in a bucket and dunk the brush in.
If I do a bungalow, I just put some chems in a 2 litre hand sprayer, hold my hand up high and walk along.
Again, conny roofs, a good hand sprayer should reach most of it.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Steve H

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2022, 09:39:18 pm »
Thanks for all the replies guys much appreciated.
Just to ask, do the cheap ebay ones come with the same width pipe as say pole hose? Im assuming its easy enough to connect them to a waterfed pole or do they come with a sprayer (like a gardener would use for weed killer)?  Im also going to wait for black Friday, see if anyone is offering any deals i think.  I was going to use the gardiner backpack as an add on to my van system when there are two of us, not sure now if the feedback is they fall to bits in 6 months  ???
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2022, 10:10:14 pm »
Just to ask, do the cheap ebay ones come with the same width pipe as say pole hose? Im assuming its easy enough to connect them to a waterfed pole or do they come with a sprayer (like a gardener would use for weed killer)?  Im also going to wait for black Friday, see if anyone is offering any deals i think.  I was going to use the gardiner backpack as an add on to my van system when there are two of us, not sure now if the feedback is they fall to bits in 6 months  ???

Gardiner backpacks don’t fall to bits in 6 months I have never had one last less than 3 years and we gave them some serious abuse used for softwashing with  very strong hypo mixes , I have now upgraded to nano trollys but wouldn’t hesitate to  recommend them we had 6 in total all lasted at least 3 years , yes they are cheap quality but they are very good and will pay for themselves many times over .

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2022, 08:12:00 am »

Ive had 2 gardiner backpacks in the last 8 years.my current one is 4 years old.granted i don't use it much(for chemical application on add on jobs)but it's still going strong.
price higher/work harder!

james peters

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2022, 05:33:30 pm »
We only use back packs ie me and my son / daughter.
My average house  uses about 15/ 30 litres of water.  so with a back pack each, one fill is 80% of the time one fill each.
transfer pump fills in seconds ..... and mine is connected to a reel 90% of the time , so no lifting envolved.
The back packs I use at the moment, the battery slides out so easy to bench charge . I also carry several spare batteries for those longer days.

putting things into perspective   , our back packs usually last about 2 years , and I have spares .
say for example  we turn over in excess of  xx amount   and we have spent a couple of hundred on back packs , its hardly a huge expense is it ?

I just think they are an amazing tool to use .   

Steve H

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2022, 05:06:22 pm »
Thanks for the replies again, i will try one out, as said, not a huge cost, will come in handy im sure. :)
I assume from what's been said, you can attach them to a hose reel (for windows),  when attached to the hose reel they have enough power to pump through the length of the hose (could be 75 metres) or is it best just to take them with you? (say round the back of a property etc) Also if taking it with you on a regular basis, is it worth using say a foldable sack trolly or similar? Probably weighs around 25kg when full, not too heavy, but easier if you can pull it round on something. The straps seem a bit flimsy from what people have said.
Thanks in advance.
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2022, 05:17:59 pm »
Backpacks are alright for the odd awkward window or applying chemical to things but sod  window  cleaning with one all day attached to a hose reel ;D

Ched

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2022, 05:18:25 pm »
Thanks for the replies again, i will try one out, as said, not a huge cost, will come in handy im sure. :)
I assume from what's been said, you can attach them to a hose reel (for windows),  when attached to the hose reel they have enough power to pump through the length of the hose (could be 75 metres) or is it best just to take them with you? (say round the back of a property etc) Also if taking it with you on a regular basis, is it worth using say a foldable sack trolly or similar? Probably weighs around 25kg when full, not too heavy, but easier if you can pull it round on something. The straps seem a bit flimsy from what people have said.
Thanks in advance.
The Gardiner ones have a 20meter limit on hose length but I'm sure people use longer ones. A sack trolley is best don't even think of using the straps 25kg won't do your back any good.

james peters

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2022, 06:24:24 pm »
my son and my daughter use a15 ltr back pack, and both carry with ease... because they are young and fit.
I also carry with ease and im older and unfit, so now I use a reel.
I have offered both my son and daughter the option of working from a reel, but they prefer carrying a back pack. I have also put the back pack on a trolly for them and by the end of the day they had removed the trolly.

just carry it on a handle , its not  that heavy.  on houses with cars parked etc its much easier .
I understand its not for everyone but it is a tool that is needed .

as regards the hose length , I have found no issues  but I only have about 60 metres on my reel .  30 microbore and 30 of pole hose .

Steve H

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2022, 08:17:19 pm »
Thanks again, yes not looking to use off a hose reel all day for sure.  :) just a thought if i could sit it near the van an odd time and run it from there. Will mainly use when two of us for odd jobs and chemicals when needed.
I think i might try a foldable sack barrow/trolley, saves humping it around the place for sure.
Cheers

SB Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2022, 06:44:19 pm »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294361017339

Darran
I recieved one of these today, for the price im impressed, plastic feels a bit flimsy compared to the more expensive ones but that doesn't really bother me, I was expecting it to be 1 speed but it's got a flow controller  as well which is nice..
Cheers for the heads up on that one Darran ;)

Stoots

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2022, 08:30:13 pm »
Backpacks are guff they all drop to bits I've had loads.

I've just bought one of these trolley carcasses to build into a proper bit of kit that lasts.

Smudger

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2022, 01:06:09 pm »
Comes down on how you respect your equipment…

Had them fall apart but only after many years of hard work or in one case being dropped off a roof which you would t expect it to survive

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

lee_dewing

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2022, 01:20:58 pm »
Hello Steve

Buy 2 backpacks 🎒 from Smudgers link
Save 55p👍

Tbh, I think they’re all a bit cheap and cheerful I’ve had 2 Gardiners ones and they fall apart.

I do need one for Chems f/s/g cleaning

I will buy a cheapie and once it implodes I will
Replace pumps  and  battery 🔋 and wire up
how I like 👍

Be made in Essex 🇬🇧😀
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2022, 11:48:10 pm »
 At £55 are you really expecting a Rolls Royce quality for the price of a mini ?

what bugs me is paying for Rolls Royce prices and receiving the quality of a mini

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk