This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil100

Re: Work life Totaly changed
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 07:44:43 pm »
I'm sure you have done the right thing Dave.

Glad to here that wfp is working for you, You seam to be dedicated in the way you go about things so I'm sure everything will work out well for you.

Its great to have six months in on wfp. i would hate it now if I was just looking into how wfp works and trying to decide weather to stay trad or change over.

All the best.

Nel.

twt

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 08:48:50 pm »
its a shame dave hope your pleased with your decision and you don't regret it in the future. see you around.

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 09:04:59 pm »
Good luck, from me too, Dave.

I dislike the regular firemen, but think the retained lot are great.

I was really, REALLY, messed around during the fire strikes, after just returning from 6 months in Kosovo, and could have done well without the stikes.

To my shame, I did give some abuse to our Chepstow retained firemen - while out for a run one morning - 'Get back to f....... work you lazy-greedy b........', I shouted at them, during the stikes.  They were in town; putting up the Christmas decorations (I think).  I thought they were 'in-between strikes'.

They looked at me open mouthed as I pounded past holding my two fingers up (at a safe distance away; mind you; some of them were much bigger than me).

To my shame, my mate told me, 'Tosh, they're retained; they don't strike'.

Doh!

So, even though I would like to be a retained fireman, I can't because I live too far away from the station and I'm also frightened some of the bigger ones might remember the Japanese-Geordie who shouted stupid abuse at them and thump me.

Anyway,

Good luck, mate!

I bet you miss the regular pay though!

s.hughes

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 11:07:58 pm »
Dave, as you've gone over to wfp and do all you windows that way, how much water do you use in a day?

Cheers
Steve

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 10:38:04 pm »
Steve,

About 120 - 150ltrs

Shurflo backpack on 1st setting.

6 - 7hrs working

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Morph

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 10:47:23 pm »
I dunno...

Too many Daves on this thread!

I have to say, the more I read about your honest posts, the more I like you Dave!
(Dave@stIves that is)

And you too David...you look too big to argue with. ;D