van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

plumbing??
« on: February 11, 2008, 05:52:50 pm »
the self piercing tap that came with the ro has started to leak ,not much but its annoying.My set up is in the shed and i run an insulated hose from outside tap across garden and into shed,when i set it all up i just pushed a legth of copper pipe into the hose,capped the pipe and then used the little tap gadget that came in the box from ro man.Any way its getting a bit leaky now so any easy cheap and non leaky ideas for connecting half inch hose to the ro preferably with a tap of some kind appreciated :)

NWH

Re: plumbing??
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 05:54:10 pm »
Can`t you just PTFE it and then seal it with an O ring.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 06:03:04 pm »
mine used to be in the shed too, i ran hose from the outside tap. You dont need a tap on the ro, just turn it on and off from the outside tap.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 06:06:07 pm »
which part ?? so much ptfe on it now it looks like christopher lee in curse of the mummy ;D dont know what ro set up you have NW but ro man uses that brittle plastic micro tubing for inflow,also jon i know idont NEED another tap i just WANT one the outside tap is other side of garden about 30 mtrs away and i am such a slacker ;D

steve m

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 06:07:58 pm »
I used the one with a sort of 't' bar affair as a tap, and it totally collapsed. I got on to ro-man and bought a tap with a fitting for the small red pipe to push into, and it all cost about twelve pound incl. next day delivery

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 06:12:00 pm »
steve m thats what i have but its getting a bit leaky so wnt an alternative , just need a way to connect hose to red tube with no leaks and preferably a tap, any way gotta go out now so knock your selves out with suggestions ,back later :)

macmac

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 06:14:55 pm »
If you mean a self cutting tap as in the ones that you get in outside tap kits that pierce copper pipe i would get rid. they restrict flow big time, they only pierce a tiny hole, i took mine off & put a propper compression fitting on. the difference was massive. ;)

Tony

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 06:31:52 pm »
The plastic fittings are "John Guest" type.  If you go to a hydraulic supplier, they will have them, or a cheaper (and just as good) alternative.  You need a tap adapter with 1/4" socket.  Just screw the adapter onto a standard brass tap with male thread on the outlet, then push the red pipe into the !/4" socket.  ou can mount the tap on your shed wall, and the hose pipe fits on the tap's hosetail.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 08:33:15 pm »
cheers for that chaps  ;D ians idea sounds cheap and easy suits me  to a tee ;)

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 09:09:55 pm »
Sussex by the sea

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 09:41:20 pm »
chris for some reason there is no photo on gardiners ssite  :(have you got one  ??? iam struggling to picture it from description

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 10:06:30 pm »
I'll try sort  a pic out if I can find it.

Sussex by the sea

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 10:29:33 pm »
Found it well I think its what gardiners sent  ??? I cant remember whether it came like  it is or if I cut a tap connecter off it, It would do for what you want though.   
Sussex by the sea

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 10:39:19 pm »
SUPERB ;D SPOT ON ;D ;D ;D Cheersmate

matt

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 10:42:25 pm »
pop along to a plumbing supplier ( or even a DIY stroe )

get

1 15mm compression T joint
1 lenght of 15 mm pipe
1 washing machine valve

TURN OFF THE WATER

take of the self cutting tap
cut the pipe to allow the 15 mm T in, you will see how long it has to be ( dont forget the pipe has to fit inside the T )
tighten up the T

fit short bit of pipe into the other part of the T

fit Washing machine value onto end of pipe

job done

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 11:05:28 pm »
we also cut keys ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D uhuh uhuh......dont get the answer tho ???...sorry i find it hard to cotton very quick when i cant see stuff ::) bit thick like that

matt

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 11:12:39 pm »

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 11:22:00 pm »
that helps cheers mate ;D I think this post a good example of best apects of forum.....just needs a good row to spice it up  ;D cheers again have a good day tomorrow

christinavidot

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2022, 03:55:03 pm »
I also facing a problem. just fitted and I'm getting no water when I turn the tap on.
When it loosens it gets leaked and still nothing from the tap.
Is it completely pierced the pipe and need to call an emergency plumber?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2022, 04:35:29 pm »
I also facing a problem. just fitted and I'm getting no water when I turn the tap on.
When it loosens it gets leaked and still nothing from the tap.
Is it completely pierced the pipe and need to call an emergency plumber?

Not quite sure why you have called up this old thread and your post doesn't seem clear. I am assuming you inadvertently put a link in and I have removed it.
It's a game of three halves!